• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Train from Figeac to Paris

TMcA

Time of past OR future Camino
Pamplona to Santiago (2013)
Le Puy to Pamplona in segments (2013 - 2016)
Pamplona to León
I am looking at reserving our return by train from the Chemin du Puy to Paris. In navigating the French train site (SNCF), I found easily the break for seniors at the pull down icon for age of passengers. Also on the site was a reference to <<Accompagnant Carte Week-end>>.

First question: Because two of us are travelling together, does this make us eligible for this classification? (I could not find info on this on the SNCF website.)

Second question: I know we have to be in Paris on October 20. We will start our two week hike in Le Puy on Oct. 5 and I could just go to the train station in Lyon upon our arrival in Europe from Montreal and either buy tickets or ask the above question. Should I wait? Or will a greater discount be available if I buy now?

Third question: I tried to sign up for the SNCF <<Fidélité>>program, but I believe one must live somewhere other than the U.S. to qualify for this. Is this correct?

I speak fairly good French so references to any portions of the SNCF website would help me. Thanks.

Tom

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The train ride from Figeac to Paris is long and tiring, I suggest you look for a flight from Cahors to Paris .

I am looking at reserving our return by train from the Chemin du Puy to Paris. In navigating the French train site (SNCF), I found easily the break for seniors at the pull down icon for age of passengers. Also on the site was a reference to <<Accompagnant Carte Week-end>>.

First question: Because two of us are travelling together, does this make us eligible for this classification? (I could not find info on this on the SNCF website.)

Second question: I know we have to be in Paris on October 20. We will start our two week hike in Le Puy on Oct. 5 and I could just go to the train station in Lyon upon our arrival in Europe from Montreal and either buy tickets or ask the above question. Should I wait? Or will a greater discount be available if I buy now?

Third question: I tried to sign up for the SNCF <<Fidélité>>program, but I believe one must live somewhere other than the U.S. to qualify for this. Is this correct?

I speak fairly good French so references to any portions of the SNCF website would help me. Thanks.

Tom

Tom,

As you know anyone over 60 can get a Senior reduction on SNCF trains. You simply show your national passport or identity card when purchasing in person or click 60 et plus when booking on line via >> http://www.voyages-sncf.com/ .

Since you read French just Google the two terms SNCF and Accompagnant Carte Week-end to find more detailed info than found on the regular SNCF site. Also separately Google the terms SNCF and Fidelite. The SNCF Fidelite program is mainly for travelers who frequently travel by train and thus this program is similar to an airline's Frequent Flyer plan.

If you know your departure date for the Figeac > Paris trains you should be able to save money by booking now rather than waiting until October.

Bon voyage,

Margaret Meredith

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Note that Cahors doesn't have an airport. And the journey from Figeac to Paris can be done in as little as 5 hrs 40 mins.

And changing trains is never boring, usually an adventure.

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
For those who might want to transport a bag, here are the envelopes of two companies. The envelopes can be found at most places to stay along the Camino. Fill out the info and slip the money in...
Flying to MAD from the US. After I clear customs, can I remain airside to get to my connecting flight to SdC or do I have to exit to groundside and go back through security in the Domestic...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back