• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Transport from Conques to Toulouse

maryoneil

Time of past OR future Camino
Sarria to Santiago (2015)
Le Puy to Conques (2018)
Dear Pilgrims,

I am ending my walk at Conques and need to get to Toulouse airport to catch flight to London at 21:25 on Thursday May 3 2018.

Can anyone help me with any information about transport options.

Thank you so much
Mary O'Neil

(Edited by Moderator to remove personal details. Anyone who wishes to contact Mary, please use the "start a conversation" option that appears if you hover over her avatar).

Last edited by a moderator:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
@maryoneil welcome to the forum! I hope you do not mind but I have edited your post to remove private information. Internet robots collect data and we try to keep members safe by not publishing private information in the public forum. You can use the "start a conversation" facility to contact each other outside and provide that information privately. That way your data is kept to the specific people you choose and not shared with the world.

In answer to your question. I'm looking! My memory is that we had to walk to Decazeville (the town after Conques) to catch a train.

Yes, that seems to be the best - Conques is a tiny little place. Whereas Decazeville, which is only about 16km from Conques, has a train station. It is called Viviez Decazeville. The trains run to Toulouse from Decazeville about every 4 hours. Well, provided the drivers are not on strike!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Check with the tourist office in Conques! They are very helpful! You may be able to catch the postal van to Figeac or Decazeville and then pick up a train (or bus) to Toulouse.

The 3/5 is listed as a strike day on the SNCF calender.On 2/5 trains from Decazeville to Toulouse trains run every 2 hours up to 13.37 and every 4 hours after that.Check out sncf.com for exact times and prices.Bon chemin.

Sorry Mary,there is not a 4 hour gap between trains in the afternoon but some trains later in the day can take up to 4 hours
to reach Toulouse.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Some years ago I took the schoolbus early in the morning from Conques to the nearest railwaystation in Rodez, I think, and from there took a train onwards. It was not far by bus but it took a couple of hours stopping here and there. The touristoffice in Conques will inform you. I think there was only a bus on weekdays.

The 3/5 is listed as a strike day on the SNCF calender.On 2/5 trains from Decazeville to Toulouse trains run every 2 hours up to 13.37 and every 4 hours after that.Check out sncf.com for exact times and prices.Bon chemin.
Thanks so much for all your help and suggestions. Does any one know if the SNCF strike days are “set in stone “ ? Also is it possible to email the tourist office at Conques directly re other options if the trains are on strike ? Thanks so much Mary

Dear Pilgrims,

I am ending my walk at Conques and need to get to Toulouse airport to catch flight to London at 21:25 on Thursday May 3 2018.

Can anyone help me with any information about transport options.

Thank you so much
Mary O'Neil

(Edited by Moderator to remove personal details. Anyone who wishes to contact Mary, please use the "start a conversation" option that appears if you hover over her avatar).

Check out BlaBla Car (Blablacar.fr). The website is pretty simple and straightforward with availability and pricing. Pricing is very reasonable.
It’s a bit early for your date, but it’s worth a look.
All the best.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The Tourism Office should be able to connect you with a taxi lift from Conques to the nearest (functioning) train station.

Check out BlaBla Car (Blablacar.fr). The website is pretty simple and straightforward with availability and pricing. Pricing is very reasonable.
It’s a bit early for your date, but it’s worth a look.
All the best.
Thanks so much , you are a mine of information! , any idea about buses? Regards Mary

Yes, that seems to be the best - Conques is a tiny little place. Whereas Decazeville, which is only about 16km from Conques, has a train station. It is called Viviez Decazeville. The trains run to Toulouse from Decazeville about every 4 hours. Well, provided the drivers are not on strike!
Thanks so much for this information,and also editing my initial post , this is the first time I’ve used a forum , which is probably obvious! Do you know what the availability is re buses as it does appear that the trains are on strike 3/5/18? I have been told about the Blabla car option which is helpful. Thanks so much Mary

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Mary,as ranthr indicated in his response there is a school bus to Rodez which leaves on school days just after 7 a.m.You will find a link to the Bus Co and the timetable on the Office de Tourisme Conques web site.This bus service is available to all and is cheap.Better to have contingency plans in place .Bonne Chance

I am making a similar trip in reverse in May. From Toulouse I'm taking the train to Rodez - that seems pretty frequent. Then for a taxi to Conques I reached to La Malle Postale who agreed even tho its a holiday when I arrive. A couple years ago I used them to take me from Conques to Rodez and 2 years ago it cost about 35 euro. I went to Rome2Rio.com for info on the train to Rodez but its a local train and takes about 1hr 45 min

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Amy,the french railway workers are on strike on specified days currently and during the months of May and June..You can check the dates of the strikes on sncf.com

Thanks so much for all your help and suggestions. Does any one know if the SNCF strike days are “set in stone “ ? Also is it possible to email the tourist office at Conques directly re other options if the trains are on strike ? Thanks so much Mary

Hi Mary, it is my understanding that the most efficient path out of Conques [to catch a train] is via Rodez, which is a major town not so far from Conques, best reached by taxi [ask lovely folk at Tourist Office OR your accommodation host to book for you if needs be] and then direct train to Toulouse ref. post by Amy Mello. Rome2Rio is an excellent application that can help you with just about any journey that you care to think of, anywhere in the world.

3 May is a strike day and from what I have read and heard the dates are in stone [for now] so it is possible that trains from Rodez to Toulouse will be impacted ...

NOT all trains are cancelled on strike days, generally something / somewhere between 20 and 60% of trains are pulled out of service : depends on how many drivers turn up for work ... in which case, as mentioned elsewhere in this post, BlaBlaCar may be your best bet ...

Here is a link for you to the «Rome2Rio» website : https://www.rome2rio.com/

Bon chemin, bonne chance et bonne continuation

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I took a bus/van out that runs from village to village on the Le Puy- SJPP route every day, from Conques to Figeac-- early October in 2017, on a Saturday. I was taking the night train from Figeac back to Paris. The Tourist Office has the information about the transit. i could have taken a taxi, but it was very expensive. -- I arrived in Figeac in the early afternoon-- my train came through Figeac at about midnight, so after walking about Figeac, I went to a gîte, took a shower, and then a nap ,and had a wonderful dinner with other pilgrims. The gîte also had dates and juice set out for me when I arrived. --

Most read last week in this forum

Hello - I am planning to walk about the first half of the Via Podiensis next month, May 2024. I will start from Le Puy and walk for 16 days. I am flying into Paris and would like to purchase a sim...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.