• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

travel companion camino de levante

huge41

retired 60yr old canadian looking for travel companion to hike the camino de levante from valencia to santiago comp--,total of 1300 km leaving on may 1st from valencia. my email address is huge41@hotmail.com hugh

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi Hugh

I've put together an e mail group of pilgrims walking the Levante this year so that information etc can be shared. I'll add you to it.

All significant info will also be posted here and on the CSJ update page.

Best wishes

John

Hi Hugh,

Don't worry about a companion - you will end up with lots of amigos in no time on the camino! You need the first week to settle into your own pace and get used to the walking from my experience. Start and stop to match your requirements not slowing or speeding up etc.

I walked the Via de Plata in 2011 in Oct/Nov and enjoyed the first weeks solo but that changed by Caceres at which time you were in a loose group of similar paced walkers. By Zamora we were doing daily walks together and had a lot of fun.

May sounds the worst time to go with the heat! I walked the Via de Plata in October to November 2011 and the first week day time temperatures were in the mid-30s so May may be hotter again. I am walking the Levante in mid-October 2012.

Good luck!

Rob

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Rob,

I think there are a number of people on the forum planning to walk the Levante in spring or early summer this year. Just be aware that when I walked the Levante starting in September 2009, I was the only person walking; there were no other pilgrims. Hitting the VdlP at Zamora was like a motorway - very different. It's a wonderful route, enjoy your planning,

Andy

Hola! My flatemate and me are planning to do Camino de Levante starting the 2nd week of august, We would like to join to a group, so if you are also in the mood let us known, and we could go together, would be very nice! Anna and Veronika veronikamercz@gmail.com

Hola Anna and Veronika

You may be lucky and meet other pilgrims but don't be too disappointed if you don't. This route is epic in all respects and I am sure you will enjoy it particularly since you have each other for company.
Please take special care to plan each day as the etapas can be long with nothing in between. Often there are long stretches with no shade. So plenty of sunscreen and a good hat! You are walking at the height of the hot weather and you must ensure you plan your water needs accordingly as there are few places top up.
Above all - have a wonderful pilgrimage and I hope to hear how you get on when you arrive in Santiago.

Best regards

John

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Echoing John, enjoy it but you may not meet anyone else. When I walked in September 2009, the people running albergues etc said there had not been anyone else walking for about 6 weeks. But you may find others on the route, plus you have each other.

John's advice is very wise. You'll find quite a bit of reporting and reflection on my blog (below) and John's blog (above). It is an epic route and very wonderful.

Please let us know if you have any questions,

buen camino!

Andy

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back