• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Travelers Insurance

ktbgrace

Do you think Travelers Insurance is a must?
How do the hospitalteros work if you are injured? Do they treat you on per cost basis or require insurance?

Thanks for all the help!

KTB

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Travel Insurance.
If you come from UK/EEC please carry your E111. You will be asked for this if you have to attend a Doctor or Hospital. Treatment is free.
In addition I had travel insurance and I am afraid I had to use it. When I was stricken during the night I was able to telephone the insurance company emergency line and explained my problem to the operator who spoke English and Spanish. He made all the necessary arrangements. The ambulance crew had been told what my problem was, as had the hospital. It really helped when I didn't feel up to struggling with the language. The company even paid for a taxi to return me to the hotel next morning.
My advice is to take out BackPackers insurance in addition to the E111.

Most read last week in this forum