Search 62305 Camino Questions

Travelers Insurance

ktbgrace

Do you think Travelers Insurance is a must?
How do the hospitalteros work if you are injured? Do they treat you on per cost basis or require insurance?

Thanks for all the help!

KTB

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
2023 Camino Guides
The 2023 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Dael

Dael
Time of past OR future Camino
2002-2004-2006-2008-2011-2015
Cycled from Scotland,walked Francias, walked V.D.L.P, winter on Francais, stroll on Englaise
Travel Insurance.
If you come from UK/EEC please carry your E111. You will be asked for this if you have to attend a Doctor or Hospital. Treatment is free.
In addition I had travel insurance and I am afraid I had to use it. When I was stricken during the night I was able to telephone the insurance company emergency line and explained my problem to the operator who spoke English and Spanish. He made all the necessary arrangements. The ambulance crew had been told what my problem was, as had the hospital. It really helped when I didn't feel up to struggling with the language. The company even paid for a taxi to return me to the hotel next morning.
My advice is to take out BackPackers insurance in addition to the E111.

Most read last week in this forum

A recent article in the Diario de Burgos described how the “peregrino vegetal” was being taken down. I don’t recall anyone having mentioned it on the forum (though maybe I just missed it), so I...
Back in 2019, my wife and I started the CF with the intention of doing it in stages: SJPP-Burgos, Burgos-Leon, Leon-SdC. With Covid, our travels were interrupted until last year. Fearing larger...
Hello! I walked the Camino Frances in June 2022 from StJPdP to Santiago. Somewhere in the second half of Castilla y Leon and through into Galicia (before Sarria but after the Iron Cross) I met a...

How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.