Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Silver Oxide Camino de Santiago pendent
Camino de Santiago pendant that has a shell on the front, and "Camino de Santiago" engraved on the back. Comes with a black cord. Pendent is slightly larger than a 50 euro cent coin, about 25mm.
John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.

Travelers Insurance

ktbgrace

Do you think Travelers Insurance is a must?
How do the hospitalteros work if you are injured? Do they treat you on per cost basis or require insurance?

Thanks for all the help!

KTB

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Dael

Dael
Year of past OR future Camino
2002-2004-2006-2008-2011-2015
Cycled from Scotland,walked Francias, walked V.D.L.P, winter on Francais, stroll on Englaise
Travel Insurance.
If you come from UK/EEC please carry your E111. You will be asked for this if you have to attend a Doctor or Hospital. Treatment is free.
In addition I had travel insurance and I am afraid I had to use it. When I was stricken during the night I was able to telephone the insurance company emergency line and explained my problem to the operator who spoke English and Spanish. He made all the necessary arrangements. The ambulance crew had been told what my problem was, as had the hospital. It really helped when I didn't feel up to struggling with the language. The company even paid for a taxi to return me to the hotel next morning.
My advice is to take out BackPackers insurance in addition to the E111.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads