• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Traveling to SJPP from Madrid

senoraperker

Hello.... I am 50 something starting with my daughter (22) NEXT WEEK around May 14th from SJPP or Roncesvalles. QUESTIONS QUESTIONS...
How do we get to SJPP from Madrid?

ALSO, where can I get a good guide book this late? I would LOVE to get the Confraternity St. James one, but it's too late, as I live in Houston, TX.
thanks so much!
Marianne

[/i]

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Plan of St Jean

For all you nervous pellegrinos starting in St Jean, you can find a very nice map of the town at this link.

http://www.tourisme.fr/tourist-office/s ... e-port.htm

Scroll down to MAP - you will be able to move the map by clicking on the green triangles on either side. The Rue de la Cittadella (aka Chemin de St Jacques) is where you want o be heading.

From there on just follow the shells and arrows.

Marianne:

How special for you and your baby to be doing this pilgrimage together!
Can the American Pilgrims on the Camino not help you two with a guide at short notice? They are very helpful. If you don't already have their link it is:

http://www.americanpilgrims.com/

Buen Camino you two.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
SJPP

Hi!

I bet you have already looked at the threads. THEY CAN BE GREAT< GREAT GREAT!!!

You probably already know to go via Metro (ask for help at the Info Desk in Barajas) to the bus station, check the schedule...get a bus to Pamplona.

A cab from Pamplona is 68 Euros and about 2 hours to SJPP. It will be a long day, but you MAY be able to make it to SJPP before it is late. I don't know. However:

I arrive in Pamplona night of May 10. After a lot of thought and reading the postings AND contacting places (!!) I will sleep in Pamplona.....either Hostal Bearan if I can locate it near Restaurante Bessari OR Hotel Yoldi (57 Euros) close to the bus station on Avenida del Conde Oliveto...it is on Ave. de San Ignacio.
SOOOO
I get to SJPP via cab on the 11th, and once I have my credencial I will walk to Hunttos and stay there.
It is a leisurely way to start although ARDUOUS, I know. But with jetlag, I think it will work out better this way.
Then on the 12th OFF to Roncesvalles and from then on...however and whenever the Camino takes me! FLEXIBILITY.

SOOOO
We may see each other! that's terrific!

I've done portions before. I've carried btw 20 adn up to 28 lbs (TOOO MUCH) and am now down to 22. Sil says that is too much, but I just can't get rid of anything else. Plus I know it will weight less as I go...lotions and stuff will lose an oz here, an oz there. It is a vanity for me to bring my face cleansers, what can I say I confess!!!
Don't forget insect repellant and earplugs and shower sandals. Many of us use them to walk around afterwards as well. I've used cheap ones and now have apair of Crocs.

This is also a site to get bus schedules:
http://www.continental-auto.net/index.do

Buen Camino Pilgrim!

Mabel.

Get them to post your guide to Spain

Perhaps you could get the CSJ to post the guide to you in Spain to the Lista de Correos (Poste Restante). They should put your surname first, in capitals. When you go to collect mail, take your passport as ID; and to be sure, ask them to check under your first name as well as your surname.

Lista de Correos
31080 Pamplona
26080 Logroño
09080 Burgos

Buen Camino
William

To be a bit more concrete regarding how to get from Madrid to SJPP, what about this one:

1) Madrid - Pamplona with train, http://www.renfe.es/ingles
2) Pamplona - Roncesvalles by bus, I don't know more than what Sillydoll mentions here:
viewtopic.php?t=282
3) ...then further down on this same post, Sillydoll lists some numbers for taxies to get you to SJPP.

Buen camino,
Ivar

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back