• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Traveling with a bike to SJPP from Paris

Nancy W.

Time of past OR future Camino
None
Question #1:
I am planning to bike the Camino this June. I want to fly into Charles de Gaule airport, assemble my bike and take a train. Does anyone know which trains accept bikes?

Question #2:
Is there a bike shop near SJPP that might accept my bike if my local bike shop ships my bike there? This way I do not have to bring it on the plane.

Thank you for any help with this.

Nancy

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Nancy,

For bicycles on French trains see this link

If you plan to ship your bike to SJPdP you might send it to the Amis du chemin/Pilgrim Office at 39 rue de la Citadelle to hold for you. However do ask them first before shipping. Here is their web

Also check what problems you might have with French customs.

Be sure to scan the Forum topic devoted to biking the camino for many helpful info/tips.

Buen camino!

Margaret Meredith

Last edited:
I flew from Paris CDG airport to Biarritz airport with my bike box on Easyjet without any problems...and the Biarritz airport is smaller than an average American supermarket so there is not problems finding your bike box...also there were several Camino bikers assembling there bikes in the airport without any problems too...if you have a professional bike case that you want to keep...Express Bourricot (http://www.expressbourricot.com/) will pick you up at the Biarritz airport with your bike case for transport to SJPDP...and will also ship your bike case from SJPDP to Santiago...if you only have a cardboard bike box then Velocipedo (http://www.elvelocipedo.com/) in Santiago will package your bicycle in a bike box (21 Euros) for a flight home or shipment home if you live within Europe.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

For those who might want to transport a bag, here are the envelopes of two companies. The envelopes can be found at most places to stay along the Camino. Fill out the info and slip the money in...
Flying to MAD from the US. After I clear customs, can I remain airside to get to my connecting flight to SdC or do I have to exit to groundside and go back through security in the Domestic...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hello from NY! I am booking some accommodations with booking.com and an offer on their site for a free airport shuttle just came up so I booked it. This is the below confirmation. I am entirely...
Hi! I plan to go on El Camino Portugues starting in Vigo this summer, and after, I am going to explore Europe. I need a suitcase for my trip after El Camino, and I have been struggling to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back