• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Travelling from Biarritz to St Jean

Wynne Stearns

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2017
Is anyone travelling from Biarritz airport to St Jean on 30 th August around 17.00 hours and would like to hook up to share travel ? No idea how to get there

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Try Express Bouricot Caroline is brill she comes to the airport/ train in a mini bus takes you where you want and you just share the cost with others 'Painless" Have a great Camino and try not to become addicted.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I,too would recommend Caroline at Express Bourricot.
If you Call her,( Number on website), she will pick you up at the airport,and also fill her minibus up with other bookings. You will then only pay the cost of the trip divided by the number carried. This is normally about 9 in busy times.
buen camino.

Is anyone travelling from Biarritz airport to St Jean on 30 th August around 17.00 hours and would like to hook up to share travel ? No idea how to get there
I am but on August 21st. I thought there was a bus that we could take to get there, or at least to Bayonne.

Yes there is a bus that takes you to the train station in Bayonne. I am not sure of the train times, but I am fairly sure there is a train from Bayonne that takes you to SJPDP arriving about 7.30pm, which makes the departure from Bayonne about 6.45pm. The airport bus leaves from outside the airport entry doors (it's a very small airport) and takes about 20mins and drops you off at the train station. Easy-peasy. There loads of info on this subject on this Forum so try looking in 'Search'.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Have just done a search and a train leaves Bayonne on 30th of August at 18.10 and arrives SJPDP at 19.15. On 21st of August there is an additional train that leaves Bayonne at 21.10 and arrives at SJPDP at 22.08. Fare is 16 euros. They are the last trains on those days and the earlier one leaves well before your flight arrival time. If you haven't booked accommodation, go to the Pilgrims Office and they can find you accommodation, plus supply you with weather info for the next day, supply a credential, shell, etc. They are very friendly and helpful.

Have just done a search and a train leaves Bayonne on 30th of August at 18.10 and arrives SJPDP at 19.15. On 21st of August there is an additional train that leaves Bayonne at 21.10 and arrives at SJPDP at 22.08. Fare is 16 euros. They are the last trains on those days and the earlier one leaves well before your flight arrival time. If you haven't booked accommodation, go to the Pilgrims Office and they can find you accommodation, plus supply you with weather info for the next day, supply a credential, shell, etc. They are very friendly and helpful.

thanks Camino Dave for the helpful information. I think I will overnight in Bayonne and make my way to SJdP on the 22nd and start the Camino on the 23rd.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Mznet,
In Bayonne the simple
Hotel Monte Carlo is good inexpensive choice located opposite the rr station for early departure to SJPdP. Nice cafe and resto also. Here is their web .
Buen camino!

I'm wondering what time you're booked for ? I'm booked for around 17.30 ! My quote was much higher but they said it would go down pending others booking .

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
Hi Wynne. Friend and I have booked Express Burricot for 4.30pm on that day. If you email them I'm guessing you may be able to join the shuttle

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
For those who might want to transport a bag, here are the envelopes of two companies. The envelopes can be found at most places to stay along the Camino. Fill out the info and slip the money in...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
Flying to MAD from the US. After I clear customs, can I remain airside to get to my connecting flight to SdC or do I have to exit to groundside and go back through security in the Domestic...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back