• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Unbelievable run across Australia!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
An Australian guy has just RUN across the continent. 3953km in 47 days. I guess this is irrelevant, but you have to marvel at what a young body is actually capable of.
Bare in mind he had a support crew, giving him massages, drugs, etc along the way. Regardless, what an epic venture!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Wow that is incredible! 84km a day so could do the CF <10 days! AUD1.82 million raised so far!
That is very impressive! It reminds me of a local Canadian hero, Rick Hansen. He is a paraplegic who in the mid 80's wheeled his wheelchair 40,000 km and over 30 countries in two years to raise awareness of people with disabilities. An average of 85 km a day! He made a huge impact for change worldwide. When I was walking and having leg pain or foot pain, I thought of Rick and realized that I am going through nothing compared to what he went through.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Regardless of the non-Camino context, his achievement is worthy of recognition and respect - if not emulation. That he used it to raise money for a worthwhile charity - as opposed to a publicity stunt - is good and honorable.

Three cheers for the crazy but very well intentioned Aussie guy.

Yes - it is amazing! Not something I would ever want to do (the running part)... but I would LOVE to walk across a continent!

That is very impressive! It reminds me of a local Canadian hero, Rick Hansen. He is a paraplegic who in the mid 80's wheeled his wheelchair 40,000 km and over 30 countries in two years to raise awareness of people with disabilities. An average of 85 km a day! He made a huge impact for change worldwide. When I was walking and having leg pain or foot pain, I thought of Rick and realized that I am going through nothing compared to what he went through.
Speaking of Canadians, let’s not forget Terry Fox and all he did for cancer research.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Incredible. Running the equivalence of TWO marathons a day for 47 days. I don't think it's mind over matter. I think he's an android with a good heart.

Speaking of Canadians, let’s not forget Terry Fox and all he did for cancer research.
And Steve Fonyo who, although controversial and who lived a troubled life, continued the journey

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Rick's from my home town. Richmond, BC.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
We met an extreme runner on the CF earlier this year, at an albergue just after Astorga. He'd run from SJPDP and expected to be in SdC in 3 days - running over 50 miles a day. We had an interesting discussion about the Camino experience. He set off at 4.30 am (unfortunately from the bunk above mine!) and ran through to around 6pm, with stops to explore and talk to other pilgrims. His running pack was the smallest I've ever seen.

We met an extreme runner on the CF earlier this year, at an albergue just after Astorga. He'd run from SJPDP and expected to be in SdC in 3 days - running over 50 miles a day. We had an interesting discussion about the Camino experience. He set off at 4.30 am (unfortunately from the bunk above mine!) and ran through to around 6pm, with stops to explore and talk to other pilgrims. His running pack was the smallest I've ever seen.
Wow incredible!!! I cannot even imagine. Met a chap who was running 40km a day when I did CF! In awe!

Wow incredible!!! I cannot even imagine. Met a chap who was running 40km a day when I did CF! In awe!
My average hiking speed on my 1994 was 42K, including the rest days. And that was walking.

Fast sure, but not to the extremes.

An 84K/day average, particularly in those harsh conditions, well, that is impressive.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
As my father was president of our national cancer society when Terry Fox started his marathon in eastern Canada, I had the privilege of eating out with Terry and his manager, Doug. Even at the beginning, he showed signs he was struggling but persevered until his body said ‘no more’. He was my internal motivator when I walked the Camino Frances (completed September 2019). Also having ran several half marathons, often reminded myself he ran equivalent of 2 full marathons per day….
Buen Camino all!
Hope to return again one day!
NancyLee from Canada 🇨🇦

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back