• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Urgent Question - Need computer near SJPP

Aloha From Kauai

A Lifetime of Journeys
Time of past OR future Camino
April 3rd - June 3rd, 2022
I transfer tomorrow from Montserrat to SJPDP. I was notified by Hawaii Congressman's office yesterday that there is funding available for our 15-million resilience hub project, but the deadline is/was today. I need computer access for a day to pound out an application for this funding (I just knew this was going to happen).

Does anyone have an answer or suggestion to either question below?

1. recommendations for a hotel, pension, albergue, or goat hut that has a computer (and hopefully an English keyboard) that I would be allowed to use, or rent? Or make a donation...

2. Someplace in SJPDP that sells computers that I might be able to pick up a small tablet? (English)

Hoping for Camino Angel knowledge/miracles here 😌

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I suggest asking at the Pilgrims Office or Tourist Office when you get there. They may know someone willing to help! Or ask your albergue host.

Good luck! The downside for attempting to leave technology behind! Hope it works out for you.

Edited to add - Bayonne has some bigger hotels that might have computers - maybe call one of them and stay in Bayonne for the day?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
French keyboards are not easy to figure out. At least not for me.

My experience is that computers are available for use, though perhaps limited use, in French tourist offices.

Hmm, I'd be inclined to high-tail back to Barcelona where all your needs might be met. The days of Public Access Computers in libraries & town-halls are just about done.
The web offers these in St Jean: http://www.euskalinformatika.com/;

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
French keyboards are not easy to figure out. At least not for me.

My experience is that computers are available for use, though perhaps limited use, in French tourist offices.
Do you think I would have better luck in Pamplona? I also could order something from Amazon and get ot sent perhaps to an albergue there. I'll just randomly be picking one though, which is a little worrisome.

Pamplona - on size alone - is bound to have more choice. A simple google search comes up with st least four tech-shops.

If you manage to get your hands on suitable technology you could try somewhere like this to work from. Their basic offer is a monthly fee; but there’s no harm asking.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I transfer tomorrow from Montserrat to SJPDP. I was notified by Hawaii Congressman's office yesterday that there is funding available for our 15-million resilience hub project, but the deadline is/was today. I need computer access for a day to pound out an application for this funding (I just knew this was going to happen).

1. recommendations for a hotel, pension, albergue, or goat hut that has a computer (and hopefully an English keyboard) that I would be allowed to use, or rent? Or make a donation...

2. Someplace in SJPDP that sells computers that I might be able to pick up a small tablet? (English)

The tourist information centre had computers. Not sure if they will meet your needs but even if not,, they can likely steer you in right direction.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Pamplona - on size alone - is bound to have more choice. A simple google search comes up with st least four tech-shops.

If you manage to get your hands on suitable technology you could try somewhere like this to work from. Their basic offer is a monthly fee; but there’s no harm asking.

Excellent!

A bit late. El Corte Ingles in Pamplona has a technology department. They might have wisdom to share...
I think the co-working space signalled by the trusty black labrador is the way to go.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Check with the Pilgrim Office in SJPdP. They had two computers in a back area that pilgrims could use when I was there in 2016. I used one myself for a few minutes Could be different now but they should be able to help.

Update & Closure!

I found two delightful Frenchmen at the local phone/computer store who through some friendly competition vying for my solution, more or less gave me the bridge that enables me to stay, for now (does not address the ongoing mental health Mashup going on, but I'm smart enough to take a win where I can get it)!

I went with the young man's option of a Bluetooth keyboard and stronger reading glasses 😆.
Michelle looked heartbroken when I denied him the win.
They were so delightful, after a half block and went back and asked if I could take their picture!
20220411_134908.jpg

Mahalo to all for your suggestions!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
Within the past few hours there have been two stories on local news media reporting that the Guardia Civil have been successful in returning lost passports to pilgrims. One in Najera, the other in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back