• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD US-bound travelers: 5 Euro COVID test in Santiago!

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD

BobY333

Time of past OR future Camino
2024 - which Camino? IDK!
2025 CF from SJPdP?
FYI - I just tested here last Thursday, May 26 for my flight to the USA on Friday, May 27. 5 euros and done in 20 minutes!! They use the identical 3 euro test kit that they sell - they just watch you swab yourself and they do the rest.

They provided both an email and physical certificate in this timeframe.

I had to show the physical certificate in both Santiago and Madrid.

Farmacia Vázquez Suárez
RĂşa da RepĂşblica Arxentina, 43

goo.gl

Farmacia Vázquez Suárez · Rúa da República Arxentina, 43, 15701 Santiago de Compostela, A Coruña, Spain

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Great! Were the results in English and/or Spanish? I know some other pharmacies only give their results in Gallego, which isn’t accepted for flying.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
It was provided in Spanish on the official Xunta de Galicia ConsellerĂ­a de Sanidad certificate.

It was accepted without issue at both the Santiago check-in and the Madrid pre-boarding check point.

What a bargain! It's a small walk...but without a mochilla ;)

You may want to call ahead. They're open 24 hours, but can only do the test when they have two staff there.

FYI - I just tested here last Thursday, May 26 for my flight to the USA on Friday, May 27. 5 euros and done in 20 minutes!! They use the identical 3 euro test kit that they sell - they just watch you swab yourself and they do the rest.

Farmacia Vázquez Suárez

goo.gl

Farmacia Vázquez Suárez · Rúa da República Arxentina, 43, 15701 Santiago de Compostela, A Coruña, Spain

Thank you for that good information.

Farmacia Vázquez Suárez

goo.gl

I had to interrupt my Camino as I fell and sustained a fracture of the humerus on the afternoon of May 26th. I was seen in a clinic in Betanzos on the Ingles route. Covid tests not done there, but figured that I could get it done at SCQ airport (Santiago)-- the hours were only from 10 AM to 2 PM and my initial flight was departing at 9:20 a.m. I had arrived at the airport at 6:30 a.m. hoping to get a walk-in covid test. I advised the airport staff & they directed me to a waiting taxi and yes, the pharmacy charged only 5€ for this service. Once the test was completed a few minutes later, the pharmacist directed me to get back in the taxi-- she would have results in my inbox before I made it back to the airport! Made my flights back to the U.S. where I have family to assist me with all the functions I couldn't do when minus the use of one arm, plus my docs who know my complete medical profile. Camino angels all over the place to assist me turn a tragedy into a tolerable situation! Thank you, Lord! Thank you, Santiago! Thank you, good people of Spain!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I had to interrupt my Camino as I fell and sustained a fracture of the humerus on the afternoon of May 26th. I was seen in a clinic in Betanzos on the Ingles route. Covid tests not done there, but figured that I could get it done at SCQ airport (Santiago)-- the hours were only from 10 AM to 2 PM and my initial flight was departing at 9:20 a.m. I had arrived at the airport at 6:30 a.m. hoping to get a walk-in covid test. I advised the airport staff & they directed me to a waiting taxi and yes, the pharmacy charged only 5€ for this service. Once the test was completed a few minutes later, the pharmacist directed me to get back in the taxi-- she would have results in my inbox before I made it back to the airport! Made my flights back to the U.S. where I have family to assist me with all the functions I couldn't do when minus the use of one arm, plus my docs who know my complete medical profile. Camino angels all over the place to assist me turn a tragedy into a tolerable situation! Thank you, Lord! Thank you, Santiago! Thank you, good people of Spain!
So sorry that happened. Glad you found angels there though and I hope you go back and finish your camino another time.

So sorry that happened. Glad you found angels there though and I hope you go back and finish your camino another time.
Most definitely will be going back next year!

Farmacia Vázquez Suárez

goo.gl

Thanks!! Did you call ahead to check they had two people?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I walked down on Ascension Day around 10, but had to return at 12 because there was only one person. It was a holiday, so that probably affected it. Not a big deal at all.

Farmacia Vázquez Suárez

goo.gl

Bob:

Thanks so much for posting this as it came very timely for my flight this past Monday 06 June. I can confirm that they do test on a Sunday (it is a 24h pharmacy after all). I did mine around 2:30 pm so was a bit worried about siesta getting in the way. I requested both email and printed copy of results. Nice guys working there. I think one speaks crazy Galegan coz I started off in Spanish and I couldn't recognize a word that was spoken back to me. So had to resort to English.

I also called the day before to see about getting an appointment and it seems like it's walk-in. At the time was told the test was available from 12 noon onwards, but saw someone sitting in a chair before noon. So may depends if they have a second person to administer the test. The photo I took was me lining up around 11:30 am and wasn't moving so decided to come back later.

This was a lifesaver and saved me the extra trips in Madrid for testing. I hope this service continues but hoping they won't get inundated they will have to take it away, esp for €5.PXL_20220605_095005530.MP.jpg

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back