• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

VDLP June 2017

Colleen.S

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2004
Le Puy-SJPDP 2014
VDLP Spring 2017
My husband and I are planning to walk from Salamanca or Zamora to Santiago in early June 2017. Hope to meet some of you along the way. Many thanks for the inspiring words and photos, shared tips and useful resources found here.
Colleen & Richard Stewart
Victoria, BC, Canada

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Colleen and Richard...welcome to the Forum! You are well on your way. May I suggest...the Camino is a unique experience and you and Richard may find that walking alone on occasion is a great Way to get its full flavor. Not that you should walk alone. If either of you just wants some "reflection time" walk ahead of Richard, but in view of each other. Walk with other pilgrims you become acquainted with and share your observation and interests.

Buen Camino,
Arn

@Colleen.S ... I'm also a Colleen S... and I walked the VdlP last year. I walked from Seville to Santiago and lots of pilgrims choose to start or end in Salamanca. Whichever point you choose you will have an amazing walk :)

I blogged/rambled whilst I walked... you can read my thoughts here https://caminobrassblog.wordpress.com/2016/09/20/bordeaux-pizza-goodbyes/

It will be hot when you walk... I loved my UV umbrella... it made a huge difference to comfort levels.

Wishing you the best of times :)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Colleen and Richard...welcome to the Forum! You are well on your way. May I suggest...the Camino is a unique experience and you and Richard may find that walking alone on occasion is a great Way to get its full flavor. Not that you should walk alone. If either of you just wants some "reflection time" walk ahead of Richard, but in view of each other. Walk with other pilgrims you become acquainted with and share your observation and interests.

Buen Camino,
Arn
Thanks, Arn, good advice.

@Colleen.S ... I'm also a Colleen S... and I walked the VdlP last year. I walked from Seville to Santiago and lots of pilgrims choose to start or end in Salamanca. Whichever point you choose you will have an amazing walk :)

I blogged/rambled whilst I walked... you can read my thoughts here https://caminobrassblog.wordpress.com/2016/09/20/bordeaux-pizza-goodbyes/

It will be hot when you walk... I loved my UV umbrella... it made a huge difference to comfort levels.

Wishing you the best of times :)

Hello Colleen,
Thank you for your advice and good wishes. We've been looking at your slideshow and noticed the umbrella. Did you bring a telescoping one from home? Are UV umbrellas different from rain umbrellas ?(what we usually have to contend with on the west coast of Canada ;)) Will definitely read your blog, thanks for the link.

The
My husband and I are planning to walk from Salamanca or Zamora to Santiago in early June 2017. Hope to meet some of you along the way. Many thanks for the inspiring words and photos, shared tips and useful resources found here.
Colleen & Richard Stewart
Victoria, BC, Canada

Hi, I just wanted to wish you buen Camino from a fellow Victorian!
My husband and I just completed the Via de la Plata on Friday. Salamanca and Zamora were 2 of my favourite cities. Stunning actually. The Camino is beautiful and you will pass through some lovely villages. Perfect places to stop for cafe con leche. Enjoy!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thanks so much for taking the time to wish us well. Did you phone ahead to book accommodation? How busy was it?
Also curious about the weather: how early did you start/when did you end your days ?
Starting Thursday, excited!

Thanks so much for taking the time to wish us well. Did you phone ahead to book accommodation? How busy was it?
Also curious about the weather: how early did you start/when did you end your days ?
Starting Thursday, excited!

We started in Seville April 21. The weather was hot! Especially coming from cool Victoria. My husband and I both wore shorts everyday to hike as the heat steadily built up through the day. We started out hiking most mornings by 7am, sometimes 6:30 mostly to cover as much ground as we could before the sun was full on. You definitely need a packable sun hat.
Seeing the sun rise at dawn is fabulous!
We often booked the night before for our next days destination. Worked well. The host at the albergue/hostel/pension would do it for us. The Albergues would fill up fast as they have been experiencing an increase in pilgrims this year, and May/June is very popular for the VDLP. The larger centres such as Salamanca, Caceres and Zamora have a good selection of budget accommodations.

Exciting for you. I could do it all again.
We have just hiked from Muxia to Finisterr to wrap up our Caminos.

Buen Camino

The Albergues would fill up fast as they have been experiencing an increase in pilgrims this year, and May/June is very popular for the VDLP.

Buen Camino

Hi all,
I walked the vdlp from MĂ©rida in June 2015 and the albergues were empty. Well, apart from us of course, sometimes 4 (at the most) at any one time. Very quiet indeed.
Enjoy! :)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
We started in Seville April 21. The weather was hot! Especially coming from cool Victoria. My husband and I both wore shorts everyday to hike as the heat steadily built up through the day. We started out hiking most mornings by 7am, sometimes 6:30 mostly to cover as much ground as we could before the sun was full on. You definitely need a packable sun hat.
We often booked the night before for our next days destination. Worked well. The host at the albergue/hostel/pension would do it for us. The Albergues would fill up fast as they have been experiencing an increase in pilgrims this year, and May/June is very popular for the VDLP. The larger centres such as Salamanca, Caceres and Zamora have a good selection of budget accommodations.

Buen Camino

Buen Camino

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back