• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Vigo to Santiago-distances between lodging

law56

Time of past OR future Camino
CF, August 2018
I just returned from Sarria to Santiago walk. I was only able to do 10 to 12 km a day.Are there places to stay that close together on this route?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I just returned from Sarria to Santiago walk. I was only able to do 10 to 12 km a day.Are there places to stay that close together on this route?
I'm doing the Vigo to Santiago - with some of the more standard stops - my shortest day is 15K. If you do it over more days - I think it's possible to do smaller. For instance - our 2nd day is 20K - Redondela to Pontevedra - but I could have broken that 20 into 8K (stay the night in Arcade) - and then 12K for the next day - so if you have the time I'm sure it's possible.

I have heard of people grabbing a taxi to the next town, then in the morning, another taxi back to where they left off, to resume. That's one way to do longer stages.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Are you walking the Variante Espiritual?
What sort of accommodation do you want?

I'm doing the Vigo to Santiago - with some of the more standard stops - my shortest day is 15K. If you do it over more days - I think it's possible to do smaller. For instance - our 2nd day is 20K - Redondela to Pontevedra - but I could have broken that 20 into 8K (stay the night in Arcade) - and then 12K for the next day - so if you have the time I'm sure it's possible.
I have heard of people grabbing a taxi to the next town, then in the morning, another taxi back to where they left off, to resume. That's one way to do longer stages.
Is it fairly easy to get taxis along the Portuguese Central route? Would you call ahead, use Uber or just hail them down?

My husband and I completed the Vigo to Santiago route this past May. We stopped and stayed in Arcade rather than try to get to Pontevedra from Rendondela. We also stayed in Pontevedra two nights, having walked from there to a Cafe 10 miles out and then taking a cab back to Pontevedra to sleep and then a cab back to the Cafe the next morning. We did the same thing in Caldes de Reis, staying two nights and cabbing back and forth. We also stayed in Teo rather than try to get from Padron to Santiago. I have 72 year old feet, 10-12 miles is my limit.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
There are a number of tools that you can use to create your own stages.
Godesalco does not have the Coastal route, but you can set your start at Redondela and choose stages from there.

Gronze is also an excellent site to help plan stages:

It's only in Spanish, but if you use the Chrome browser it will automatically translate to English or the language of your choice.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back