• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Villar de Mazarife and Villadangos del Paramo.

DianaEB

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portuguese April 2022
Hello, Has anyone walked or taken a bus or taxi between Villar de Mazarife and Villadangos del Paramo? Thank you.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hello, Has anyone walked or taken a bus or taxi between Villar de Mazarife and Villadangos del Paramo? Thank you.

No. First time I stayed in Villadangos in 2011 and the muni albergue is a depressing affair.
The route via Villar de Mazarife from Leon is very nice though. Some nice albergues in Villar de Mazarife.

I guess that Villadangos has a local taxi also.

While I have always walked out onto the Paramo via Oncina, there is a bus route from the Villadangos area to Mazarife but the next one is this afternoon , so it may be a 1 per day service. I click on the bus stops on google maps to see this. It says 27 mins bus ride or 5 mins by car

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
No. First time I stayed in Villadangos in 2011 and the muni albergue is a depressing affair.
The route via Villar de Mazarife from Leon is very nice though. Some nice albergues in Villar de Mazarife.

Strange. All the Gronze reviews are glowing.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I just had a look at the comments.

A freshly renovated donativo with volunteers as hospitaleros, fully equipped kitchen, real sheets for the beds, and even towels!?

Sounds like a dream!

It must have been an off day then way back in 2011 when the person from the ayuntamiento locked us in.

Last edited:

That albergue was completely remodeled about two years ago.

The albergue has been updated since 2011 … very nice place … and does supply sheets, pillowcases and towels. If you’re passing by in the first two weeks of March, stop and say Hi ! Will be hospitalero there for my second time !

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Last edited:
The muni in Villadangos de Paramo is now one of the best on the Camino. It has features making it worthy of high praise: comfortable beds, blankets, a good kitchen, bike parking, good showers. There's a stove with a real log fire. It's donativo.

It's unique feature is what makes it best: there is no hospitalero. A cheerful lady comes and cleans for an hour in the morning and that's it.

The muni in Villadangos de Paramo is now one of the best on the Camino. It has features making it worthy of high praise: comfortable beds, blankets, a good kitchen, bike parking, good showers. There's a stove with a real log fire. It's donativo.

It's unique feature is what makes it best: there is no hospitalero. A cheerful lady comes and cleans for an hour in the morning and that's it.
Hmmn...I thought it was still on the HosVol list. When my husband stayed there right after it had been rennovated it was staffed by volunteers who prepared him supper. There may have been a recent change or they didn't have enough volunteers during the time you were there.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hmmn...I thought it was still on the HosVol list. When my husband stayed there right after it had been rennovated it was staffed by volunteers who prepared him supper. There may have been a recent change or they didn't have enough volunteers during the time you were there.
I was a hospitalero there last year and will be there again in March 2024. Believe there are always volunteers there. But don’t serve dinner, just breakfast 🥖🥚🍊 And no fireplace

Oops ... A bad memory has entirely unconnected to age led me to confuse Villadangos with El Burgo Ranero, which has a fire and is hospitalero-free. I'm a big fan of hospitaleros, but El Burgo shows that there is an alternative to closure due to shortage of volunteer staff.

Oops ... A bad memory has entirely unconnected to age led me to confuse Villadangos with El Burgo Ranero, which has a fire and is hospitalero-free. I'm a big fan of hospitaleros, but El Burgo shows that there is an alternative to closure due to shortage of volunteer staff.
Actually, El Burgo also has a Hospi from about April to October. The rest of the time they just leave it open.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back