• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking in April 2019

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Greetings:
Female, originally from Dublin, living in the US now. I plan on starting the Camino Frances in April 2019. I am finding this forum very helpful as I prepare for what I hope will be a life changing experience.
Welcome, from another female, not originally from Dublin but living here long years! Enjoy all the prep. Then when it happens, go with the flow. Buen camino.

Welcome! April is a lovely time to go. Make sure you understand what Semana Santa entails in Spain - do a search on here. It's really amazing and wonderful but as by far the biggest holiday of the year you just need to keep it in mind when planning. 14-21 April 2019

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Greetings:
Female, originally from Dublin, living in the US now. I plan on starting the Camino Frances in April 2019. I am finding this forum very helpful as I prepare for what I hope will be a life changing experience.
Welcome Toddy,

Just back in August from our first Camino, we had a ball, I’m sure you will also.

Tip one - pack lite seriously though you won’t need as much as you think.

Tip two - when you finish in Santiago make sure you go to the English Speaking Pilgrims room, room 6 run by the Camino Society of Ireland for a real cup of tea. They are in the same building where you get your certificate.

Have a great Camiño.

Buen Camino

David and Rita

I'm starting the Frances second week in April, I hope to see you on the trail and we can share our newbie experiences!

Laurie

Hello from Halifax Nova Scotia. I'm planning to do my first camino in spring 2019 (Camino Frances), setting out in mid-April or possibly a bit later. Good to know the Semana Santa dates, hadn't thought of that before, and now I'll be looking on the forum for any tips or information on that too.
Marie

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi, I'm going to walk a part of the Camino Frances next year, together with my wife Eveline.
From LĂ©on to Santiago.
Starting first half of april.

Regards,
Geert
(we are from Belgium)

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back