• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking the Camino Ingles mid-October

margomorrison

Time of past OR future Camino
October 2023
Hello. I'm doing the Camino for the first time in mid-October. The Camino Ingles. My understanding is that it's a five-day walk from Ferrol to Santiago. I've been training for a couple of months, and still unsure if I'm going to be able to walk the 15-18 miles per day. If I feel the need to take transportation from one of the towns to the next destination, what are my options?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
@margomorrison , may I suggest that if you're unsure, then just add a day or two to your plans ( assuming that's possible) .
Just because most walk it in 4 to 5 days doesn't mean you HAVE to. That's just sticking to the so called 'Stages'. There are many little towns along the camino and whilst not all have Albergues many do, or at least a small Hotel etc.
Lots of people have posted here about taking it slowly, one or two planned 8 day's (for health reasons). If you've been training, even allowing one day more will make a big difference to the mileage you need to cover on a daily basis.
Sorry, appreciate that's not really a direct answer to your transport question. Worst case taxis are everywhere, and I believe one or two towns have buses between but sorry I can't recall which.
Buen Camino!

Hello. I'm doing the Camino for the first time in mid-October. The Camino Ingles. My understanding is that it's a five-day walk from Ferrol to Santiago. I've been training for a couple of months, and still unsure if I'm going to be able to walk the 15-18 miles per day. If I feel the need to take transportation from one of the towns to the next destination, what are my options?
Just a note that if you intend to ask for a compostella that you should have walked the last 100 km. If you taxi, consider a taxi back the next morning to resume where you left off the day before. If a compostella is not your goal then disregard.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I am also walking mid October from Ferrol and I am giving my self 6 to 7 days. Giving days to weather delays as I told it rains a lot. If I finish in less time will continue to Fisterra. Buen Camino

I walked it in 6 days at the start of June this year by taking two short days at the start. Starting in Ferrol and walking to Neda on day 1, staying in Neda albergue and from Neda to Miño on day 2. Then Miño (municipal albergue) to Pontedeume, (there is a municipal alberuge but I stayed in a private hostal) then to Betanzos, (municipal) from there to Hospital de Bruma (private albergue) , Hospital to Sigüeiro (private albergue) and from Sigüeiro to Santiago on day 6. That was the perfect mix of a few 'easy' days and some longer which with the steep climbs on some stretches was the exact right number of 'stages' for me.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
As Expatkiwi has pointed out you can take as long as you like or need to. I intend to start on October 8th from Ferrol and with the help of Gronze worked out the following stops:
1. Fene (about 18.5 km)
2. Mino (about 19 km0
3. Presedo (about 21.5 km)
4. A Rua (about 19 km)
5. Sigueiro (about 17.5 km)
or: Torre de Marantes ( about 21.5 km)
6. Santiago ( 16 km or 12 km)

Buen camino!

I walked it in 6 days at the start of June this year by taking two short days at the start. Starting in Ferrol and walking to Neda on day 1, staying in Neda albergue and from Neda to Miño on day 2. Then Miño (municipal albergue) to Pontedeume, (there is a municipal alberuge but I stayed in a private hostal) then to Betanzos, (municipal) from there to Hospital de Bruma (private albergue) , Hospital to Sigüeiro (private albergue) and from Sigüeiro to Santiago on day 6. That was the perfect mix of a few 'easy' days and some longer which with the steep climbs on some stretches was the exact right number of 'stages' for me.
Sorry, what was your staging? I think you’ve made a minor mistake here- the way I read this you were on the trail for 7 days, not 6. Where did you stay on days 2 , 3 and 4? If it was Pontedeume on day 3 then you went backwards…. .

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, finally plans for Camino Ingles become real, some accomodations, booked already, checking flights, etc..., starting 02june :) We are taking it slow, 8 days on the road, below are our stages...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back