• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Inglés in October

dadaperegrino

Time of past OR future Camino
2023 - Camino Francés
Hello everyone! I’m preparing my next Camino, the Camino Inglês. It’s my sixth Camino, so I have a bit of experience, however it’s going to in mid October, which is a time of the year when I usually don’t walk on Caminos.
I have a few questions for you :
• what kind of weather do I need to expect in Galicia? Would it be a good idea to buy goretex equipment since rain is likely to come?
• do you think I will have problems with hostels? Or will they still be open?
• Do you have any other advice or recommendation for the Camino ingles? For instance hostels, places to eat, visit etc :)

Thank you all in advance! Buen Camino!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
It is often rainy in November so I would think it might be rainy in October as well? The Xunta albergues will be open all year. Not sure about private accomodations though.

Wet, wet and more wet. We walked in Oct. and it seemed like just as we got in sight of our accommodations the sky opened. I don't know anything about Goretex, but for me anything too heavy makes me sweat under my rain gear and I am wetter from the inside out!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
We walked the Camino Ingles in late September 2019. It was really hot during the day and at night we were wearing packable down jackets. We did have a few days of rain that required ponchos. I don't know that I'd bring any ranger that is too heavy, you can always add a layer underneath. October can still be warm during the day.

Hello everyone! I’m preparing my next Camino, the Camino Inglês. It’s my sixth Camino, so I have a bit of experience, however it’s going to in mid October, which is a time of the year when I usually don’t walk on Caminos.
• what kind of weather do I need to expect in Galicia? Would it be a good idea to buy goretex equipment since rain is likely to come?
• Do you have any other advice or recommendation for the Camino ingles? For instance hostels, places to eat, visit etc :)

Hi,
my wife and i might also go for the Ingles mid/end october, you can find a lot of info On this site :

Buen camino!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Hi - I did the Camino Ingles in October 2015 from Ferrol. We walked 5 days. We saw maybe 5 other pilgrims until the last day to SDC. There is no need at all to book in advance - as there are a lot of amenities and food along the way. Albergues were all open. It's well-marked, there are very pretty small churches to visit. Our weather was warm - not too hot- and sunny except for maybe two 1/2 days when it rained. A light waterproof jacket (or poncho) with a hood will be fine. I did not have waterproof pants, but wish I had brought them. I recently finished the Portugues (coastal and SV), I LOVED the CI and found it to be more spiritual. I don't have any lodging or food recommendations - pretty much everywhere we stopped for food was excellent and well-priced.
Buen Camino - you will love it!

I walked the Ingles in October 2018 and saw one other Peregrino. You should anticipate rain.

I believe that in recent years the Ingles has become far more busy than it was.

I'm walking Ingles the last week of October and now I feel like I need to look into waterproof shoes! I have a poncho and rain pants so everything else is covered.

Buen Camino! Hope it doesn't rain too much on us all!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I intend to walk the Ingles during the second week of October. I use Goretex boots and in the rain I wear gaiters (kneehigh), a rain jacket, pack cover and a large hands free trekking umbrella.The umbrella I find useful even when it is windy, however it becomes less hands free as I use one hand to help steady it against the wind.

I used Gronze to plan my stages, but in order not to exceed about 20 km/day I worked out slightly different stages from the ones generally suggested.

Am wondering whether I meet anybody on this camino, since you all intend to walk later than I do and I will be staying in an albergue only twice.

Well, buen camino to all of us!

Our dear Forum member @SabsP just finished the Inglés so she is the go-to person to ask. Her pictures looked quite dark with ominous clouds. She definitely had rain and downpours but I'll let her answer this herself.

You just may be lucky. I remember arriving in Santiago on November 3rd with sun then it promptly rained for 3 days straight. My guess is that rain is more likely than not.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
i just finished the Camino from Sarria, but ont he last week of Nov. I have another week off, is the Camino Ingles a good option? I was talking to people here in Santiago and they said that its gonna be miserable because of all the rain, but I really want to do it

Hi! Based on what I read you will likely have some rain, however that doesn’t mean it will rain all the time.
Looking at historical data in the screenshot below it seems that the first days of October have higher chance of rain, but it’s still ok. November and late October have definitely more precipitations.

Ultimately I believe if you have the right gear then there’s nothing to stress about. By right gear I mean waterproof shoes, rain trousers and water repellent coat (a breathable one would be good).

This is how I intend to do my Camino ingles in October / November this year :)
00D1284A-7270-4418-9372-50916D380198.png

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I just completed the Camino Ingles from Ferrol a few weeks ago. Having walked many other Camino's I wasn't sure what to expect and was pleasantly surprised. The path is well-marked and follows much of the beautiful coastline and through forest paths. Unlike previous Camino's, I took my time as it was only a six-day walk. I could have easily completed it much sooner if I had wanted to walk longer days. I managed to book my little group a hotel by the beach at Mino which was almost as cheap as an albergue, I wish I had spent more time there it was really nice. I hope the weather improves and you enjoy the walk as much as we did.

Looks like that time of year is all over the place, in terms of rain. 2010 didn't have any, 2022 had showers every day. (I'm looking at the data on CaminoWeather.)

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, finally plans for Camino Ingles become real, some accomodations, booked already, checking flights, etc..., starting 02june :) We are taking it slow, 8 days on the road, below are our stages...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back