• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking the Camino next week...

gracieboo

Time of past OR future Camino
I'm planning to do the Camino next week 13th May starting in Ponferrada (2013)
Hola!
I'll be walking the Camino next week starting from Ponferrada and was wondering if anyone else will be will walking at that time?
Also if anyone has any last minute preparations tips?

Thanks,
Grace
Sydney-Australia

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hola Grace,
Welcome to the forum.
Next week, not long to go, hopefully got your packing all sorted, and kept the pack weight to a minimum. I,m Sure you will meet up with lot's of fellow pilgrims along the way, so don't worry about starting out on your own.
Remember to get two stamps per day in your credential from Sarria to SDC (last 100Klm).
Buen Camino.
Colin

My husband and I should be in or around Pontferrado about 19th May so we will look out for you.

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
gracieboo said:
Also if anyone has any last minute preparations tips?

Make sure you haven't over-packed nor forgotten anything essential. If you post your packing list here, people will be very happy to have a look at it and give you some tips. Apart of this:

!Buen Camino, Peregrina!

Hi Grace
I am starting in Astorga on 19th and hope to make Pontferado on 20th May and plan to make it to Santiago by 30th.Have a safe and great Camino and also to office girl and hubby! so keep a look out for each other along the way to say hello
Colin, why do we need to get 2 stamps per day from Sarria??

Rory P
Enniscorthy
Ireland

Gracias everyone for your comments - I appreciate them.
Yes, I guess its just a matter of starting out alone and meeting people along the way...thats part of the journey.

I'm all packed now and I'll be starting in Ponferrada on Wednesday!!

If we don't happen to cross paths along our journeys, Buen Camino everyone:).

Grace

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Since 2009 I run a small hotel with bar and vegetarian restaurant on the camino francés. It was a dream come true when we could buy this house and in 2 years we restored it into a hotel with 3...
Hello everyone I am new to the forum starting our Camino in September this year. Hubby and I are doing this pilgrimage as a reconnection to each other having raised three beautiful girls starting...
Hi my name is Bryce (Australian) and I’m doing the Camino Frances starting September 15. My wife is 57 years old and was born without her left thigh bone. She can wear a prosthetic leg for very...
Hi everyone, I was just listening to Ivar's last video and he mentioned Ed Sheeran. So fyi: a heads up. Ed Sheeran will be doing a concert at Monte de Gozo on July 6th this year. Expect there to...
Male 61 years old, single and after a major unexpected change in my life I need a solo trip to figure out some life. I also hope to possibly get some direction. I have never traveled alone but...
Hello✨✨✨✨ I ve just finished my thirty-day walk from San Sebastian and it’s a weird feeling I m going through , a mix of sadness and solitude. I kept afar Icts in the past few days to « see » and...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.