• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Website Caminho Português Central

Rainerbernd

Time of past OR future Camino
On St James ways since 1971
Olá, I found another website for the central route. Have a look and enjoy:

https://www.camino-europe.eu/en/eu/portugal/jakobswege/caminho-portugues/

Sorry the text is in German. Opening the sections there are links and downloads for detailed maps, track GPX and so on.

Well, I can not recommend the first stages Porto > Vilar do Pinheiro > Rates. Some busy roads and cobblestone. I prefer the first stages along the coast. It´s much nicer from Porto > Angeiras > Vila do Conde > Rates. It´s also on the site.

Bom caminho, Rainer

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Olá, I found another website for the interior route. Have a look and enjoy:

https://www.camino-europe.eu/en/eu/portugal/jakobswege/caminho-portugues/

Well, I can not recommend the first stages Porto > Vilar do Pinheiro > Rates. Some busy roads and cobblestone. I prefer the first stages along the coast. It´s much nicer from Porto > Angeiras > Vila do Conde > Rates. It´s also on the site.

Bom caminho, Rainer
wrong information ! And wrong subforum !
The caminho Português INTERIOR goes from Farminhão nearby Coimbra via the east side of Portugal -Viseu-Chaves to Ourense -and via a part of the Via de la Plata to Santiago !
The one you mean is called the CENTRAL route of the caminho Português .

I agree with you about the first stage but.. If you take the metro from Porto to Fórum Maia and walk from there , it is a nice rural walk and at the end the nice albergue in Vairão ,O Mosteiro do Vairão .From Vairão is an easy and relaxed walk to São Pedro de Rates from where you follow the CENTRAL route to Barcelos, Vitorino de Piaēs( famous privat albergue Casa Fernanda) Ponte de Lima, Rubiaēs and Valença do Minho etc to Santiago de Compostela.

Last edited:
wrong information !
The caminho Português INTERIOR goes from Farminhão nearby Coimbra via the east side of Portugal -Viseu-Chaves to Ourense -and via a part of the Via da Plata to Santiago !
The one you mean is called the CENTRAL route of the caminho Português .
If you read the subforums here you'll see that there is a subforum for the INTERIOR .

I agree with you about the first stage but.. If you take the metro from Porto to Fórum Maia and walk from there , it is a nice rural walk and at the end the nice albergue in Vairão ,O Mosteiro do Vairão .From Vairão is an easy and relaxed walk to São Pedro de Rates from where you follow the CENTRAL route to Barcelos, Vitorino de Piaēs( famous privat albergue Casa Fernanda) Ponte de Lima, Rubiaēs and Valença do Minho etc to Santiago de Compostela.

Obrigado Albertinho para a sua informação. Many thanks for your information- oops I´m in the wrong subforum. Well I´m used to the German phraseologie and this confuses me - sorry! Could you please help me - how to put it into the correct forum?

Bom caminho, Rainer

Last edited:
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

Most read last week in this forum

My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
Dear all, I have done Camino Frances, Norte and Primitivo and would like to ask about Portuges. I have some soul-searching to do and would love to walk a part of it, unfortunately only a part...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...
Hello, I lost my GoPro with all my pictures on the Camino between Pedra Furada and Aborim last week. Is there a lost and found in SDC? Any other ideas? Thanks and Buen Camino.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back