• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

well my camino came to an abrupt halt

Andrew

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2014)
well long story but my camino finished way earlier than i expected. due to pushing to hard on a dodgy knee, heat exhaustion and dehydration coupled with spiritual full fulfillment and a subsequent panic that i had to reach kyle after he had been pick-pocketed of 200E i left an aulbergue at villamyor de mejardin that i paid two nights for and have yet to rest my head on the bed at 12:00 midnight and got lost ended up on main road ( A Big No No! en Espania) fell from my full height of 6'8" with a full pack .....head injury police lift to Las Rocas then by bus to logrono to finally see my son ......two episodes of night wanderinging and two trips to emergency resultining in ? concussion syndrome . train trip back to Barcelona flight home and re checked in scottish A&E and finally GP this am .....need to rest and recover knee ok ish.....tired ++++ but a plus is my tasetbuds have been awakened and i made tapas today and was in 7th heaven...

Kyle still walking and still on track for Santiago on 4th july his 18th birthday and home the 5th he's the kilt wearing lad who is making a big impression in spain and makes his mum n dad so proud!!!!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
thanks i am getting there find it hard to switch off but deep breathing exercise and a cd are helping no end

Hang in there, as there will be another trip I pushed myself with renal failure got as far as Sarria end in hospital 8 days five more when I got home but I am back in September. You have had a little delay you will finish.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Well done Andrew.... And wishing your Son a safe and happy Camino.. we set off last week in August... Getting excited now. Flight and taxi to SJPDP. Booked. :)

Well, Andrew, that was rotten luck - but you're still in one peice, and can always return for another attempt.
It's not a very rare thing - having to change plans totally, or even give up. But it needn't stop you trying again!
On my 2nd camino, I had to give up, due to blisters needing hospital treatment [and it rained EVERY day]. But I've completed two more caminos since then, and am now looking forward to Pilgrimage V maybe in June 2015, around the north coast of Galicia. [Diaries on my web site.]
So .... good luck, Andrew, get 100% better, then maybe think again of next year.
Meanwhile, well done Kyle! :)
Buen camino!

Sorry to here of your problems. Maybe I can cheer you up. When did you start? I met someone (who and where he was and from what country I don't remember) who while talking asked me if I had seen 2 men in kilts. He said they were great company and hoped to find them again. Maybe it was you two, after all there are not many kilted warriors on the way! I started from SJPdP on the 11th and got to Leon on the 28th and it was somewhere in-between.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
My, my, the stories you'll have to tell your grandchildren!! So glad to hear you are indeed going to heal. Now you know what NOT to do when you get a chance to walk it again. :) Best of luck to Kyle!!

Andrew-- the Camisno isn't going anywhere so on to good healing and plans for the next adventure! Very sorry to hear the events that made you change plans, but it seems to me you are making lemonade out of lemons! All the best Amigo! Buen Camino!

Take care ... Buen Camino to your son .
My (22y) just finished last Sunday as part of study abroad program. She too had knee problems - and will need medical intervention when she returns. Currently, she is traveling in Italy with my husband who met her in Madrid about 4 hours AFTER she had been robbed (in downtown Madrid- pleasant phone to get at 3:00 am).

My husband & I will be walking September 2015 - I worry about dehydration, etc. we will have 6 weeks starting in SJPDP. ImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1403186760.345253.jpgImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1403186801.179088.jpg

- the best to your son on the rest of his journey and I hope you are up and around soon.

Update when your son lands.
• Cathy

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
It's not a very rare thing - having to change plans totally, or even give up. But it needn't stop you trying again!

Absolutely. We had to cut our Camino short as well, due to a family emergency at home, but we have already started talking about our next go :)
When we had to leave the Camino, our friends reminded us that the Camino wasn't going anywhere and that it would wait for our return.

well guys kyle is now moved on to Leon and has 13 days + 13 stages to go,

meanwhile in Escossia i am in progress of restoring a vintage roll top desk , have re organised my shed detailed the car all things i can devote all my focus on an is grounding me

Sorry to here of your problems. Maybe I can cheer you up. When did you start? I met someone (who and where he was and from what country I don't remember) who while talking asked me if I had seen 2 men in kilts. He said they were great company and hoped to find them again. Maybe it was you two, after all there are not many kilted warriors on the way! I started from SJPdP on the 11th and got to Leon on the 28th and it was somewhere in-between.

yup loads of nice folk talking about kilted warriors Al ..........

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hoping to walk my first Camino in September 2015, as well, Cathy. S :)

Most read last week in this forum

Hey all , as in approaching the Camino from Sarria I didn’t find yet the basic equipment nor the alojamiento from sarria to santiago, I have booked just in Santiago some days but I’m becoming...
Snoring (another post ...) After 4 days of seriously noisy snorers in albergues, I was getting increasingly drained during the day. At one point, I was thinking whether I can continue, whether I...
I wasn't sure I was going to post "live from the Camino" for this Camino. I'm happy to do so on my solo Caminos, but when I am walking with family, my focus is a little elsewhere and I am mindful...
Hi All! I will arrive SDC on 5/17 and need a bed for 5/17 & 18. I can't find anything ,( well, the Parador for 800eu). Any & all help is greatly appreciated. I've checked gronze and all apps...
@Monasp has just posted two tables of statistics from the SJPDP pilgrim office on their Facebook account. Numbers of different nationalities recorded so far this year: the USA being the largest...
I've been reading about the different routes etc and I have seen that the longest route is over a month, but also that some people just walk for a weekend or a few days or a week. I want to do a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back