• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

What to do with 7 days - having doubts

ElAines

Time of past OR future Camino
SdC-Muxía-Fisterra (May 2015)
Inglés (Sept 2018)
Frances-Fisterra (April 2019)
Hi everyone, I’m 2 weeks out from my flight to Santiago and am not sure what to do with my 7+2 days.

Do I go with my ‘between stages’ potential route, below? Or start walking from SdC to the coast and walk to both Múxia and Finisterre (I did this in 2015). Or something else - Sarria to SdC and explore the city; start from Lugo??

I’m nervous about being on my own this time, but grateful for the sensations of uncertainty and the opportunity to experience this.

I think the questions on what to do are emerging from the recognition that my life is too busy and packed full and I operate at (or above) my healthy maximum capacity most of the time. I would like to set off free from pressure expectations. The time frame is short enough I can probably get through it. But this whole experience is meant to be about enriching my awareness and perspective; thriving not surviving. But I also want to try something new!

I guess in part this message is a bit of a vent and release of pressure (thank you for reading). It’s also a open hands request for any wise steers, or comments from those who have had the same thoughts before: what did you decide and how was that?

And if anyone is getting a cab to Sarria mid afternoon on Monday 22nd- give me a shout ;)

Thanks so much for any comments. Buen Camino.

El x

1. Mon 22 Flight to SdC. Bus to Lugo&Sarria and walk to Morgade (12km) / Ferreiros
2. Tues 23 Morgade to Gonzar / Hospital da Cruz
3. Weds 24Gonzar to Melide
4. Thu 25Melide to Salceda
5. Fri 26Salceda to Monte de Gozo / Lavacolla
6. Sat 27 Monte de Gozo to SdC to Negreira (25km)
7. Sun 28 Negreira to Olveiroa (33.3km)
8. Mon 29 Olveiroa to Fisterra (31.4km)
9. Tue 30 Early taxi from Fisterra to SdC airport

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
First make a cup of coffee or tea. Take a deep breath.
I remembered to come to Santiago so fit and ready to go. Do you need to make a plan? Or would you like to try something new. Arrive in Santiago let the accomplishment settle and decide then? Did you ever play the came with the finger on a globe to find out your next destination. Let fate decide? I just have the feeling you are so organized. Best wishes.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I thought that being organised was helpful on a short trip - but maybe it’s also not :)

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Sorry, I missed your tag that you had done the Ingles in 2018.
I don't know what your comfort level is for daily walking but Viana do Castelo on the CP is a lovely town with easy access by train or bus. From there you have an option to follow the Coastal or slide over to Ponte de Lima and join the Interior. It is around 140 km fro SdC.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

Zubiri was full early yesterday (by 2:30, according to some pilgrims who came to Pamplona today), but Zubiri opened up a municipal building just past the town for some pilgrims to sleep on the...
My friend is trying to figure out bookings/lodging. She started in SJPDP Friday, ended up walking the Winter route to Roncesvalles in one day, only to find no bed so bused back to SJPDP to sleep...
Hello everyone, This is a cry for help. I post this on behalf of my wife, who is walking the camino at the moment. Her backpack was taken away from the reception of the albergue Benedictina's...
Within the past few hours there have been two stories on local news media reporting that the Guardia Civil have been successful in returning lost passports to pilgrims. One in Najera, the other in...
The group running the albergue in the ruins of the San Anton monastery near Castrojeriz have announced that the albergue and the ruins will be closed from 1 May until the ruins have been made...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back