Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where can I get a sello in Oviedo?

breakintheclouds

I will be walking the Camino Primitivo in about a month. My flight to Oviedo arrives quite late: after 9PM at the airport, so surely well after 10PM by the time I get into Oviedo, meaning I'll be too late for the Alburgue and will probably have to stay in a hotel.

So my question is this: next day, when I set off, will there be somewhere to get a sello from my starting point? The cathedral, perhaps? Or the tourist office?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The Cámara Santa in the Cathedral has a lovely sello. Opening hours are about 10.00-12.00 and 14.00-20.00 I think. Tourist office probably keeps similar times. If you need to start walking before then you should be able to get your credencial stamped at your hotel either when you arrive or in the morning. Many of the cafés in Oviedo will also have sellos.
We have the Oviedo stamp from 2 years ago but hope to have time to stamp our new credenciales there again before setting off for Tineo to start walking.

We'll be interested in your progress, particularly the state of the Camino between Paradavella and Lastra. A broken water course had left water running down the camino, in 2009, on a steep uphill stretch.

Get it from your hotel,usually not a great stamp but still a stamp. I have got them from firestations, campsites, cafes, libraries, had people draw them with pencils, pens, watecolours and felt tips. The way of getting sellos is endless you just need to check.

Mike

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thank you - really helpful answers.

I'll certainly report back on the state of the Camino Primitivo when I return; I'll probably be one of the earlier walkers of the year, so with luck I'll be able to provide information in time for people travelling this summer.

Hi
good luck on your walk from Oviedo
I walked through there in October and managed to get lost,Oviedo is quite a large town and they don't allow the painted yellow arrows that are so common elsewhere just the odd brass shell imbedded in the pavements,I took a while finding my way out of the city,I was the only one out of a group of ten that got it wrong so maybe just me that found it confusing.
buen Camino
Ian

No you are not alone, many get lost around the Plaza de Liberación :lol:
The shells in the pavement are actually quite effective - so long as no one is standing on one!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
breakintheclouds said:
Thank you - really helpful answers.

I'll certainly report back on the state of the Camino Primitivo when I return; I'll probably be one of the earlier walkers of the year, so with luck I'll be able to provide information in time for people travelling this summer.

I'm planning to start walking from Oviedo on 20 June, so look forward to any updates you can offer,
Buen camino!!

Mark

Most read last week in this forum

Thanks to those of you who have wished me Buen Camino pm! My plan was Salvador/Prim, but 1) cold feet because of a knee (old injury) and 2) would have to rush with no possibilty of short/rest...
We are arriving in Madrid on May 5th. I went online today to purchase train tickets to Oviedo and it doesn't show any train service. Does that mean the trains are sold out? Or maybe some other...
Hi, has anyone walked the Primitivo in mid-October? What was it like? Weather, tracks and accommodation? I plan to walk from Oviedo to Lugo only, then bus to Santiago after. Thanks for your input.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back