• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where does the bus stop in Samos, to Sarria?

Time of past OR future Camino
June 2024
I'm walking from Triacastela to Samos, which will only be about a 10km walk. It looks like Monbus passes through Samos at about 4 pm. If I leave Triacastela in the morning, I think I will be in time for the 12 noon visit to the monastery & have some lunch afterward.

I don't believe there is a bus station, so where do I wait and how do I get the bus to stop for me?

Thanks so much!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I can see more than one bus stop on Google Maps. It also shows the bus times. Looks like a bus both ways that will stop in Sarria maybe four times a day. Monbus is the vendor so you can check their website for times and tickets. You did not say when, but look for tickets in the next couple of weeks to get a feel for the regular schedule.

Here's some advice Re:Samos: take your time.
From Tricastela to Samos is one of the most beautiful trails on the CF.
The one from Samos to Sarria is almost as beautiful and so varied it's amazing.
Don't bus from Samos to Sarria!
You'll miss the forest trails, gorgeous little farms and lovely streams.
Also, there's a little cafe two hours outside of Samos going to Sarria and they make the best omelettes you'll get on the Camino.
Just sayin'...
IMG_4971.jpegIMG_4991.jpegIMG_4992.jpeg

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Oh gosh, thank you both! I should have also written that I will be concluding my walk in Samos (starting in Astorga) and taking the bus from Samos to Santiago. I only had limited time from work, so I decided those would be my start/end points and then take the bus to Santiago so I could see the cathedral. I know I won't receive the compostela but maybe next time. I looked on Google Maps and see where the bus stops are but didn't see any times for them. The Monbus website shows a 4:05 pm time. Do I just stand near one of those stops and raise my hand? I'm not sure what the custom is :)

Oh gosh, thank you both! I should have also written that I will be concluding my walk in Samos (starting in Astorga) and taking the bus from Samos to Santiago. I only had limited time from work, so I decided those would be my start/end points and then take the bus to Santiago so I could see the cathedral. I know I won't receive the compostela but maybe next time. I looked on Google Maps and see where the bus stops are but didn't see any times for them. The Monbus website shows a 4:05 pm time. Do I just stand near one of those stops and raise my hand? I'm not sure what the custom is :)
You've chosen a great section! Buen camino! You'll be back to do the rest.🙏

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Ok, I see more than one bus stop marks in Google. One in the middle of town which would be the one I would guess is the main one. I would ask at a bar when you arrive where the bus will stop but Google Maps shows the bus stopping at each one according to my phone. Google isn't always right of course, but it shows the bus numbers and time of the buses that stop there when I touch the bus stop marker. If you are standing in the right place, the bus will stop. You will be there with a backpack which will be the cue even if there is no actual bus shelter. You can buy a ticket in advance on the Monbus site (use English drop down menu) or buy one from the driver (don't use big bills). I took this same bus in the opposite direction a few weeks ago and it stops at every little town and does not take the primary road. If you are prone to car sickness maybe take a dramamine as the route is hilly and twisty and our driver drove like a frustrated race car driver.
Screenshot_20240201-054643_Maps.jpg

I'm walking from Triacastela to Samos, which will only be about a 10km walk. It looks like Monbus passes through Samos at about 4 pm. If I leave Triacastela in the morning, I think I will be in time for the 12 noon visit to the monastery & have some lunch afterward.

I don't believe there is a bus station, so where do I wait and how do I get the bus to stop for me?

Thanks so much!
Please remember to check the schedule of monastery guided tour 😊 I joined the tour at 4pm, not sure that'll be an earlier session.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Since you plan to be in Samos 4 hours before the bus you will have plenty of time to ask someone at the monastery or the hotel across from the monastery or any other local business to point out exactly where the parada is. That is the most reliable way to be sure.

Ok, I clicked on all the little bus icons in Google Maps and found the button for each that says Show Departure Board. I only found ONE busstop that shows the 4pm to Santiago. That's the stop "Samos (Albergue)". It's showing bus 802005 which jives with the Monbus schedule number. I will definitely ask at one of the establishments if I'm on the right stop. Thank you all for working through this with me!

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I very much agree with DreamWeaver. If you can join a tour, you will be glad you made the time. The inside of the monastery was lovely and the monk who guided us shared lots of interesting background/details. (If you manage to stay overnight in Samos, the evening mass was a highlight among the Camino masses I attended.)

For lunch, I highly recommend Albaroque (Av. Compostela, nº21). I enjoyed my lunch so much, I returned for dinner. They were very kind & served delicious food!

buen camino!

I can see more than one bus stop on Google Maps. It also shows the bus times. Looks like a bus both ways that will stop in Sarria maybe four times a day. Monbus is the vendor so you can check their website for times and tickets. You did not say when, but look for tickets in the next couple of weeks to get a feel for the regular schedule.
I caught the bus across the street from Hotel Viega, there were several people waiting for it. Just ask at any local Barr or store and they will tell you where the bus stop is.

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back