• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where to stay in Paris relatively cheaply

kinnear

Time of past OR future Camino
2007 (September 2017)
Solo pilgrim female 60s flying into Paris probably jetlagged and need one or two nights Pilgrim-style (basic/cheap) accommodation in Paris prior to starting el Camino from SJPDP. Suggestions? Aware I'll have only Camino attire but would like to have a day to be in Paris!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Since you are beginning a pilgrimage here are two Parisian accommodations sponsored by religious groups; the Freres Aveniat and the basilica of Sacre Coeur.

For secular accommodation in Paris have you tried CouchSurfing, AirBnB or searched Hostelworld for individual rooms?

Check out these earlier Forum threads for more about pilgrim sites in Paris and the camino in Paris.

When on the parvis or place facing the Notre Dame cathedral below you underground lie Roman ruins and visible to your right across the Seine begins the medieval rue Saint Jacques which pilgrims followed to leave the city; walk it a bit and ponder history.

Take a deep breath, relax and just enjoy it! As an American who has lived 35+ years in France both in Paris and Champagne even after all those years for me as Thomas Jefferson wrote “a walk about Paris will provide lessons in history, beauty, and in the point of life.”

Bon Chemin and Buen Camino!

In 2013 I flew in and out of Paris for my Camino. Both times I arrived in Paris late afternoon/early evening and was only there overnight, so I needed someplace near the airport to stay.
On both occasions I stayed here Hotel F1 Roissy Pn2, Roissy. It is close to CDG airport and they had a free shuttle to and from. It was relatively cheap, single person rooms with shared bathrooms. Kind of hostel set up and obviously designed for just quick layover/overnight, no frills stays. Worked well for me, but I didn't go out and see the sights of Paris. Not sure if there is a station nearby that can get you in and out of the sights of the city.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Thank you, Mark. That may be suitable. How did you get from there to SJPDP?

Since you are beginning a pilgrimage here are two Parisian accommodations sponsored by religious groups; the Freres Aveniat and the basilica of Sacre Coeur.

For secular accommodation in Paris have you tried CouchSurfing, AirBnB or searched Hostelworld for individual rooms?

Check out these earlier Forum threads for more about pilgrim sites in Paris and the camino in Paris.

When on the parvis or place facing the Notre Dame cathedral below you underground lie Roman ruins and visible to your right across the Seine begins the medieval rue Saint Jacques which pilgrims followed to leave the city; walk it a bit and ponder history.

Take a deep breath, relax and just enjoy it! As an American who has lived 35+ years in France both in Paris and Champagne even after all those years for me as Thomas Jefferson wrote “a walk about Paris will provide lessons in history, beauty, and in the point of life.”

Bon Chemin and Buen Camino!
I would like to stay in the convent options. Are either of them access able from the airport and then to the train station to sjpdp

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Took the train from CDG airport station the next morning all the way to SJPdP.
Going home I flew Vueling airlines back to CDG Paris from Santiago airport.
Your itinerary is very similar to mine. It'll be my first camino experience and this forum really helped me to plan for my schedule.
I booked a bus (Air France) shuttle from CDG to Montparness station (17 euro) and a direct TGV line to Bayonne with around 78 euro. I wasn't sure if i can make connection to Bayonne at the Bordeaux if I take TGV at the CDG because I only have a little over 10 minutes lay-over to switch from TGV to TER. From Santiago de Compostela (SCQ) to Paris (CDG) by Vueling after all those ordeals costs me under $100.00 including a cheked bag free and a bus service to the Santiago airport costs 1-4 dollars. What a convenient! Buen Camino !

Took the train from CDG airport station the next morning all the way to SJPdP.
Going home I flew Vueling airlines back to CDG Paris from Santiago airport.
That sounds amazingly straight forward. Maybe i could do a retreat stay in Paris at the monastery before returning home rather than before.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I could not possibly recommend the F1 chain hotels !! The only redeeming feature of the airport one is probably as a means to the end of getting to SJPP ASAP, but surely it's a shame not to spend at least one evening in Paris if possible.

There are cheap hotels to be found round the train stations in Paris, Gare du Nord and Gare de l'Est (these are within walking distance of each other) -- or you could look for more convenient ones near Montparnasse, near the train station you'd need if you slept in Paris itself.

If you've the time and patience cheap hotels can likely be found there too.

Of course, you could always just stay in one of the Youth Hostels in the Latin Quarter -- they're certainly "basic and pilgrim-like" !! And also not at all far from Montparnasse by bus or métro.

Your itinerary is very similar to mine. It'll be my first camino experience and this forum really helped me to plan for my schedule.
I booked a bus (Air France) shuttle from CDG to Montparness station (17 euro) and a direct TGV line to Bayonne with around 78 euro. I wasn't sure if i can make connection to Bayonne at the Bordeaux if I take TGV at the CDG because I only have a little over 10 minutes lay-over to switch from TGV to TER. From Santiago de Compostela (SCQ) to Paris (CDG) by Vueling after all those ordeals costs me under $100.00 including a cheked bag free and a bus service to the Santiago airport costs 1-4 dollars. What a convenient! Buen Camino !
Hi
I could not possibly recommend the F1 chain hotels !! The only redeeming feature of the airport one is probably as a means to the end of getting to SJPP ASAP, but surely it's a shame not to spend at least one evening in Paris if possible.

There are cheap hotels to be found round the train stations in Paris, Gare du Nord and Gare de l'Est (these are within walking distance of each other) -- or you could look for more convenient ones near Montparnasse, near the train station you'd need if you slept in Paris itself.

Of course, you could always just stay in one of the Youth Hostels in the Latin Quarter -- they're certainly "basic and pilgrim-like" !! And also not at all far from Montparnasse by bus or métro.

Hi,
Have you stayed at either Freres Aveniat or the Basilica of Sacre Coeur? I haven't yet figured out where they are relative to le Metro to get to SJPDP. Early planning but I thought of time in Paris before or after my Camino. Just not sure which would be best
Thanks for your comments. I certainly couldn't imagine returning to NZ without some time in Paris even with a tight budget

Ha ha. Funny you mention that connection at Bordeaux. I missed it. Had to take a later train and that domino effect got me into SJPdP very late at night. It was a very memorable day traveling across France by rail.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Have you stayed at either Freres Aveniat or the Basilica of Sacre Coeur? I haven't yet figured out where they are relative to le Metro to get to SJPDP. Early planning but I thought of time in Paris before or after my Camino. Just not sure which would be best
Thanks for your comments. I certainly couldn't imagine returning to NZ without some time in Paris even with a tight budget

Excellent query -- I hadn't thought about an actual Pilgrim Refugio possibility.

I walked from where I was living at the time, near Bastille, so didn't need to consider that aspect.

I do hope someone has an answer !!!

I hope you end up planning to stay in Paris either before or at the end of your Camino. It is a great walking city and is loaded with museums and beautiful architecture. And may I echo those who have advised not staying out near CDG.

You will find getting to and from CDG airport using public transport to/from anywhere in Paris is fairly easy. The suburban trains (the RER network) link the airport with the city and the city's Metro. Relatively inexpensive, too.

Aware I'll have only Camino attire
We'll be walking around Paris dressed just like you in May and we will also be having dinner with a French couple. Courage!

Tom

Over the last (insert too many) years I have traveled through France a lot. I have often used the F1 chain as traveling overnighters ( in total more than 30 times) Yes they are basic, but they have always been spotless. They are what they are,a bed for the night at a very good price. Don't be put off, if you can't cope with an F1 you will never, ever, cope with an Albergue municipal!

They are faceless and character-less, and frankly overpriced -- cheaper and/or better accommodation can nearly always be found, and most certainly in Paris.

In a choice between outdoors with my sleeping bag and F1, it's outdoors. Frankly, if it's a choice between the doss house and F1, at least the conversation with the drunks and tramps will get me closer to the Camino ...

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Over the last (insert too many) years I have traveled through France a lot. I have often used the F1 chain as traveling overnighters ( in total more than 30 times) Yes they are basic, but they have always been spotless. They are what they are,a bed for the night at a very good price. Don't be put off, if you can't cope with an F1 you will never, ever, cope with an Albergue municipal!
Yeah, worked for me. I wasn't looking for ambiance or charm. I wasn't buying the place. :D
My layovers both ways in Paris were so short I had no time to roam, and only wanted to sleep, and sleep somewhere close the the CDG airport. That combined with a free shuttle to and from? Winner, winner, chicken dinner....:D

I hope you end up planning to stay in Paris either before or at the end of your Camino. It is a great walking city and is loaded with museums and beautiful architecture. And may I echo those who have advised not staying out near CDG.

You will find getting to and from CDG airport using public transport to/from anywhere in Paris is fairly easy. The suburban trains (the RER network) link the airport with the city and the city's Metro. Relatively inexpensive, too.

We'll be walking around Paris dressed just like you in May and we will also be having dinner with a French couple. Courage!

Tom
Thank you. Your reply made me smile! A certain sort of courage is needed as a little woman in her 60s walking around the most fashionable city in the world alone in her bright coloured roomy walking shoes and baggy tramping pants. Probably more presentable on the way in than on the way out!! Call it pride....maybe less on the way out Ah...a little black merino travel shift dress and black strappy (teva) sandals! Chic??

Tom
TOM. Think I put my reply in the wrong place!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Excellent query -- I hadn't thought about an actual Pilgrim Refugio possibility.

I walked from where I was living at the time, near Bastille, so didn't need to consider that aspect.

I do hope someone has an answer !!!
Pleased you think this is a useful query amidst the 1000s posted. I haven'the heard back from Orisson yet but if they take my booking I will have four nights from the day I arrive in Paris until the night I anticipate being at Orisson. I would like to have 2 of those nights in Paris itself and thought that a pilgrim stay would be ideal. On the way home, if I make it okay I'm considering the suggestion of a Airbnb room for 3 or 4 nights to roam Paris before flying back to NZ. I want to book the start of my journey ie oneway flight to Paris, accommodation until Orisson and then take the rest as it unfolds without specific dates to control my pace. All very scary and exciting.

Hi

Hi,

You must definitely spend some time in Paris if you can! Before or after, whatever you decide - there will be pros and cons to both arrangements. My only caution should you decide to stay a day or two before starting the Camino - is don't overdo the walking around Paris! It's a very walkable City, especially if you're staying in the centre of things, and easy to just walk and walk all day and end up with sore feet. There was someone who posted on the forum a while back who had done this on the way to the camino and ended up with bad blisters which almost (may have, I can't remember) led to a change of plans. Definitely take the opportunity if you have it, but take it easy - head for one or two places you want to see first, or just stroll around. The thing is with Paris you can be there for years and not even scratch the surface, so if you relax and accept that, you can just enjoy being there for whatever time you have - soak it up, be a flâneur rather than a hiker!

Buen Camino from a fellow NZer and Paris-lover!

Pleased you think this is a useful query amidst the 1000s posted. I haven'the heard back from Orisson yet but if they take my booking I will have four nights from the day I arrive in Paris until the night I anticipate being at Orisson. I would like to have 2 of those nights in Paris itself and thought that a pilgrim stay would be ideal. On the way home, if I make it okay I'm considering the suggestion of a Airbnb room for 3 or 4 nights to roam Paris before flying back to NZ. I want to book the start of my journey ie oneway flight to Paris, accommodation until Orisson and then take the rest as it unfolds without specific dates to control my pace. All very scary and exciting.

You might consider Hotel du Mont Blanc - it is perfectly situated in the Latin Quarter and just across the river from the cathedral Notre Dame. Saint Michel Metro stop line 4 which goes directly to the airports. Not pilgrim priced, (about E100) but you can't beat the location and the ambiance. There are other similar hotels in the area. I have stayed there several times.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Here are the details of the Paris Pilgrim Office -- http://www.compostelle2000.org/ -- they should be able to find you some proper Pilgrim accommodation or other assistance.

Solo pilgrim female 60s flying into Paris probably jetlagged and need one or two nights Pilgrim-style (basic/cheap) accommodation in Paris prior to starting el Camino from SJPDP. Suggestions? Aware I'll have only Camino attire but would like to have a day to be in Paris!

On my next camino... :) I plan to fly into Paris, spend the night at Basilica of Sacre Coeur. It's cheap, and as I'm catholic, two masses and an hour of adoration would be a great way to start my pilgrimage. --- Last Spring my son and I landed at CDG at about noon, stashed our packs at the Gare Austerlitz, and walked along the Seine, bought a crepe, visited Notre Dame, had a great dinner, and then boarded the night train down to Bayonne. On the return trip, we spent the night at a cheap place one RER stop away from CDG, as we had an early flight. I think the room was 30 Euros.

How exciting to hear how you used that day in Paris.
You must definitely spend some time in Paris if you can! Before or after, whatever you decide - there will be pros and cons to both arrangements. My only caution should you decide to stay a day or two before starting the Camino - is don't overdo the walking around Paris! It's a very walkable City, especially if you're staying in the centre of things, and easy to just walk and walk all day and end up with sore feet. There was someone who posted on the forum a while back who had done this on the way to the camino and ended up with bad blisters which almost (may have, I can't remember) led to a change of plans. Definitely take the opportunity if you have it, but take it easy - head for one or two places you want to see first, or just stroll around. The thing is with Paris you can be there for years and not even scratch the surface, so if you relax and accept that, you can just enjoy being there for whatever time you have - soak it up, be a flâneur rather than a hiker!

Buen Camino from a fellow NZer and Paris-lover!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I'm thinking to stay two nights 19th and 20th at the Assumptionist brothers hostel after I arrive. I'm booked at Orisson for 23rd. Guess with 22nd staying at sjpdp. I don't know timing for travel by train from Paris but there's an extra night 21st. Any help with train times and where that extra night could be used. Perhaps in sjpdp?

I'm thinking to stay two nights 19th and 20th at the Assumptionist brothers hostel after I arrive. I'm booked at Orisson for 23rd. Guess with 22nd staying at sjpdp. I don't know timing for travel by train from Paris but there's an extra night 21st. Any help with train times and where that extra night could be used. Perhaps in sjpdp?

Might I possibly suggest another alternative ? Given these extra days, why not start somewhere before SJPP, say St Palais or Navarrenx or somewhere, for at least some experience of the Camino outside Spain, and get some strength into your legs for the Pyrenees ?

Thank you, Mark. That may be suitable. How did you get from there to SJPDP?

Kinnear:

Have you considered flying from CDG to Biarritz. Easy jet has a 7:00 am and 7:30 pm flight daily for around 60 euro's. On some days they have a 3:00 pm flight also. Very easy to get to Bayonne and then SJPdP.

Many Pilgrim style places to stay in Bayonne/SJPdP.

Ultreya,
Joe

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Kinnear:

Have you considered flying from CDG to Biarritz. Easy jet has a 7:00 am and 7:30 pm flight daily for around 60 euro's. On some days they have a 3:00 pm flight also. Very easy to get to Bayonne and then SJPdP.

Many Pilgrim style places to stay in Bayonne/SJPdP.

Ultreya,
Joe

Hi Joe
I haven't been to France and may never get there again. Last time I flew into Madrid and bused to Logrono where I started. This time I'm leaning toward a longer train journey from Paris to Bayonne or Biarritz so that I am able to enjoy the countryside. I don't yet know the timing for that train trip and whether I need to allow for an overnight in Bayonne or Biarritz. The only time pressure I can see is being at SJPdP to leave 23rd so that I'm there to use the Orisson booking. Once i start walking, I want to travel at an easy pace with no time constraints for the first time in my life! I'm on a year's Sabbatical starting July and aim to be pretty fit
Barbara

Thank you. Your reply made me smile! A certain sort of courage is needed as a little woman in her 60s walking around the most fashionable city in the world alone in her bright coloured roomy walking shoes and baggy tramping pants. Probably more presentable on the way in than on the way out!! Call it pride....maybe less on the way out Ah...a little black merino travel shift dress and black strappy (teva) sandals! Chic??

My wife feels exactly the same way...I think I had better check her backpack before we leave. :)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Here in France le look sport est trés chic ! Small fortunes are spent on monthly gym fees, hiking boots are often worn to stroll along the Champs-Élysées in autumn and winter, and multitudes wear designer backpacks. Attitude is all.

My first camino at 65 reinforced basic priorities the hard way. In Villadangos del Paramo glanced in a mirror one morning my face appeared tanned and slimmer; I briefly thought ‘not too bad, considering’. 10 km later after crossing the long medieval bridge at Hospital de Órbigo I lost my footing and fell head first onto the irregular pavement! My pack crashed into my right shoulder. Flat on the ground my forehead and shoulder hurt like hell! An egg quickly swelled on my forehead; by day’s end and for the next weeks I resembled Cyclopes.

Indeed in my case "Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall", Proverbs 16:18

Now after all these years clean, matching hiking socks are the height of what I dare consider camino chic.

My absolute favorite place to stay in Paris is Maubausson directly across from Ile St Louis. It is a WONDERFUL hostel owned by the French Government and has a monastic feel. Phone number: 33142742345; address:
12 Rue des Barres
Paris
France

There are 3 similar hostels in the same neighborhood. All are nice but Maubausson is the most charming. It is close to the Tour st Jacques and also close to the bus stop that takes you to the train station that you need to get to to go to St Jean Pied de Port. It is also close to the metro St Paul. There is a rail office nearby where you can book your train trip. The receptionist at the hostel can direct you.

I cannot recommend it enough.

Just across the pedestrian street where Maubausson is located is St Gervais which is used by the monastic community, La Fraternity de Jerusalem--beautiful liturgy and services.
buen Camino!

Thank you for this information. I have put in a tentative booking at Aveniath Paris at 10 rue Francois 1er 75008 that is an Assumptionist brothers hostel. I'll look up where these two addresses are. They lock you out between 10 and 4. Your hostel may be better for me too.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I have stayed for the night at Sacre Coeur and thought it was a wonderful experience. That said, it isn't easy if all you have in Paris is one night and you want to see the sights. You are looking at an option of a retreat or the evening adoration. The retreat has you staying at the basilica instead of out seeing the city. The nighttime adoration which is what I experienced doesn't do check-in until 8:30 pm so you would need to put your pack somewhere during the day, there is luggage storage at both Gare du Nord one metro stop from the basilica or at gare Monparnasse but they are subject to closure anytime there is a security risk. Carrying the pack around limits where you can go as many places restrict baggage.

If however you have more than one night I highly recommend the night adoration. Your hotel will generally store your luggage during the day so you can pick it up and head to the basilica. One there, you check in, and get a brief introduction and then you select a time to pray in the basilica for one hour during the night. You get to hear the nuns sing compline, attend mass. At 10:30 they lock the doors of the basilica and no one goes in or out. You sleep in a dormitory or a room, and do your one hour of prayer. The experience of being in the basilica when it is quiet and mostly dark and having the candlelight reflected from the mosaics overhead is very special. Then at 6 am the doors are unlocked and you have time to catch the metro to gare Monparnasse to catch the TGV to Bayonne.

On several occasions I have flown into CDG and then taken the TGV to either Bordeaux or Bayonne where I overnighted (having by then usually been up for almost 48 hours having come from Australia). It is then really easy to take the morning train to St Jean PdeP. Buen Camino

I don't know ... but I would try looking for a hotel near Massy TGV station. Massy is away from downtown Paris ... so it ~might~ be cheaper.

The RER B train connects CDG airport to Massy. The RER station is next to the TGV station. There are trains to Bayonne that stop at Massy.

€149,-
Wow - this thread has some great suggestions! Does anyone else have a favourite, reasonable priced, resting place in Paris?

I don't know ... but I would try looking for a hotel near Massy TGV station. Massy is away from downtown Paris ... so it ~might~ be cheaper.

Massy is also a ghastly and even potentially dangerous suburban jungle.

For those for whom price is the most important consideration, a possibility not yet mentioned is the St Christopher chain of private hostels. The standard of accommodation is extremely albergue-esque (bunk beds in twelve-person rooms/shared bathrooms) but they're clean, fairly well equipped, and open twenty-four hours a day. Women can opt for a female-only dormitory. The cost varies according to demand, but EUR 18-20 a night is typical. One of them is quite close to the Gare du Nord in the centre of town.

If having your own room is a must, the Hotel de la Mare is a reasonable option. It's a bit like a well-appointed student hall of residence, but you get a clean comfortable bed and basic cooking facilities in your room—'fridge, microwave oven, cups and plates—to enable you to recoup some of the cost by feeding at a supermarket rather than at restaurants. It's in the northeastern part of town, about a ten-minute walk from the Ménilmontant métro stop (so, about thirty minutes in total from the centre) but in a fairly respectable residential area. But now you're talking serious money. I've paid as little as EUR 50 a night for a single in low season, but you'd be doing well if you got it for less than EUR 75 in high. That's still at the lower end of the hotel-accommodation scale. Paris is a pricey town.

Lastly, it's nearly always cheaper to stay at the airport chain hotels than their counterparts in town. A nationwide network of highly forgettable basic hotels called Première Classe has a place at Parc des Expositions, a couple of stops on the commuter train on the line between Charles de Gaulle airport and Gare du Nord (i.e. the RER B). I've had a room there, capable of accommodating up to three people at a pinch, for as little as EUR 30 a night. The bad news is that you're out in the sticks, but if you've just arrived off a long flight and simply want to crash overnight and maybe head into Paris the next morning, it's very much worth looking into.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I have stayed at Ibis CDG Paris hotel a couple of times, where I had to catch very early flights. I don't like the stress and hassle of travelling to the airport, especially when it is still dark. So, I stayed in hotels in Paris and moved by night near the airport.
This hotel is practically at CDG; no ned of a shuttle, you cross a parking lot and you are in. Very convenient. It is very basic but it has everything you need for an overnight. When you leave, just drop the keys, no fastidious check out rituals.
As for hotels in Paris proper, prices changes all the time (it is the same thing as with airlines), so a good hotel a year could be prohibitive the next:(:mad:
I have stayed a couple of times near Porte d' Orleans, where the metro tariffs changes to suburban -hotels there are usually cheaper, and they are just 20 minutes from Place Saint Jacques or main museums.

Lastly, it's nearly always cheaper to stay at the airport chain hotels than their counterparts in town.

It is NOT always cheaper to stay in such establishments instead of seeking better in town -- easier and quicker is not cheaper.

I have booked for two nights at the Assumptionist hostel in central Paris 19th and 20th September before travelling to SJPDP by train. Its basic and there's no access to the bunkrooms between 10-4. The brothers offer a free walking tour of some of the less known churches too. They do a special pilgrim rate of E31 per night. Address is as follows. ( I think there is a short bus trip to get to the main train station. I'll need to figure that). Its on Trip Advisor but book direct.
Auberge de Jeunesse Adveniat
10, rue François 1er
75008 Paris - France
Tel.: +33 (0)1 77 45 89 10
www.adveniat-paris.org

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I'm also a great fan of Adveniat, 200 metres from the Champs-Elysees.
In a clean attractive neighbourhood one block from the river Seine and two or three from the Isle de France with all its attractions, it's also close to a metro station.
Good spacious clean modernish accommodation with a lovely spacious flower garden out the back.
Around 36E per night including breakfast.
And for you gals who are into such things, it's a short walk to the string of 20 of the top fashion houses.
Regards
Gerard

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back