A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Which 120km?

Jandot

Camino(s) past & future
(2010)
(2019)
I only have time to walk for 6 days and don’t want to walk more that 20km a day. What section of the Camino would be recommended to walk, beautiful countryside & taste of culture of Spain?

Jan_D

Camino(s) past & future
Aragones (2011)
Frances (2012)
Norte (2013, 2014)
Hospitalera (2014)
Portugues (2017)
I'd recommend starting in Pamplona. It's relatively easy to get to transport-wise, a fabulous destination in its own right. You'd get a taste of Basque culture in the Navarra region, and from there you'd head into the wine lands of Rioja. You'd probably get just a bit further than Logrono - also good for transport connections.

It's not as busy as the final stages of the Frances, and best of all, and you'd still have plenty of the camino left to do when you return next time! ;)

Jandot

Camino(s) past & future
(2010)
(2019)
I'd recommend starting in Pamplona. It's relatively easy to get to transport-wise, a fabulous destination in its own right. You'd get a taste of Basque culture in the Navarra region, and from there you'd head into the wine lands of Rioja. You'd probably get just a bit further than Logrono - also good for transport connections.

It's not as busy as the final stages of the Frances, and best of all, and you'd still have plenty of the camino left to do when you return next time! ;)
Thank you so much.

Camino(s) past & future
SJPP to Santiago September 12 to October 8 (2016)
I would agree with Jan_D, I did the Camino a few years ago and that part was my favourite.

peb

Camino(s) past & future
C. Ingles March 2018
go for the Camino Ingles from Ferrol.

It is quiet, giving a good camino experience, it walks along the coast for the first few days, and you walk the whole camino, giving a better sense of achievement than walking the last 120km of a larger camino.

There is one stage though that is more than 20km, but that is after 3 days, when you are hopefully broken in.

long trails

Camino(s) past & future
Frances June 2016
Portugues April 2017
I'd say get yourself to Tui and walk to Santiago that way on the last stretch of the Portuguese. It's much nicer than Soria to Santiago and far less trodden.

My second suggestion if based on the fact you can only afford six days to walk.

If this is because of work commitments then maybe consider a change of lifestyle? It's crazy that in many parts of the world people only have 10 days off per year. That's borderline slavery - in fact in this day and age it is slavery.

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement
Booking.com

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 33 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 107 14.7%
  • May

Votes: 179 24.6%