• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Yoga Classes

Flowintonature

Time of past OR future Camino
Hi, I am starting to plan my Camino and was wondering if anyone has had much luck finding yoga classes along the Camino? Is it something that is quite common to stumble upon or would I have to go out of my way to find it? Thanks!

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I think your best solution would be to do this independently/solo if it is something you wish to do along the way. There will be places in the larger towns/cities, but planning your Camino around these would be a bit disruptive I would guess.

I do recall the odd Albergue mentioning yoga or seeing it mentioned in reviews, but I never saw anything during my CF. I stayed at Casa Verde in Hospital de Orbigo which for example seemed to have yoga classes in the past, but there was no sign of it when I stayed there.

Hi, I am starting to plan my Camino and was wondering if anyone has had much luck finding yoga classes along the Camino? Is it something that is quite common to stumble upon or would I have to go out of my way to find it? Thanks!
In the donativo of Samblismo (Camino Primitivo), my fellow pilgrims had a yoga session. Javier, the kind hospitalero of this donativo provide them with yoga mats, and among us were a yoga coach...

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I have not seen yoga classes offered along the Camino Frances, though I would love it if there was. It could be extremely helpful. I've been practicing on my own along the way. During my last camino, I brought along a grippy yoga towel. This time, I just use the bed for reclining poses, and the floor for standing poses. If you would like the guidance of a class, there are plenty of good ones on youtube.
I know it isn't the same sense of community as an in-person class, but it can be quite contemplative, and helps get the knots out from long days of walking.
It also just occurred to me that the yoga sequences I do on the camino are a bit different from what I would typically do at home.
I really tend to spend a lot more time stretching, more time in restorative poses. I don't want to aggravate muscles that may already be getting overused, so my goal is to achieve ease and balance, which may happen more readily through a personal yoga practice where your primary goal in determining which poses or sequences to follow is listening to your own body.

I stayed at Albergue Verde in Hospital de Orbigo and not only did the have a yoga class they also had a massage therapist….very timely!!!buen Camino
When I stayed at Albergue Verde there was a yoga session, but sadly no massage. I think that it depends on who they have working as hospitaleros when you are there, and what their skills are.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Any major city will have yoga studios…just use your web browser to translate the Spanish websites, and you can do a drop in.
I found it interesting that I saw far more Pilates studios than yoga studios…at least that I happened to come across. Check them out if you get bored of yet more Sun salutations.
It might mean hoping a local bus within the town to get to the studio but, imo, a nice way to get off of the “pilgrim track” and see other parts of Spain.

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for your feedback, it’s super helpful. I really appreciate you taking the time to reply!

Most read last week in this forum

Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
A promotion started here right now. A step-counting sweater from Wolkswagen records how far you walk, and if you walk 613 km (which is the range of the latest model) before 16th June, you can win...
Past,present and future Thanks for sharing your adventures! This forum will be a touchstone someday in the future ..where you had gone and how far, from where and when A Canterbery tales sort of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back