• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hoka goretex

Mosbys

Time of past OR future Camino
21/5/2024
Hello ,

I bought a pair of hoka anacapa gtx shoes 2 months ago .

Amazing comfort but

I notice on both shoes the inner lining on the front is a bit ripped after only 2 moths .

Is this normal or should an ask for a replacement from hoka ? Does it affects waterproofness with time ?

Thanks a lot

Attachments

• IMG_0483.jpeg
    IMG_0483.jpeg
    698.2 KB · Views: 578
  • IMG_0473.jpeg
    IMG_0473.jpeg
    747.1 KB · Views: 35
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I have had many pairs of Hokas (Sky Kaha for long walks, running shoes for everything, sandals, and recovery sandals) and never had this issue, so you really should contact the company and request a replacement pair.

Hello ,

I bought a pair of hoka anacapa gtx shoes 2 months ago .

Amazing comfort but

I notice on both shoes the inner lining on the front is a bit ripped after only 2 moths .

Is this normal or should an ask for a replacement from hoka ? Does it affects waterproofness with time ?

Thanks a lot
I walked the Camino from Porto in Anacapas, winter with lots of rain, and for the past year on numerous hikes since. They are still in perfect condition. I would suggest sending back. Of course it depends how much you’ve walked in them over the past 2 months

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I walked the Camino from Porto in Anacapas, winter with lots of rain, and for the past year on numerous hikes since. They are still in perfect condition. I would suggest sending back. Of course it depends how much you’ve walked in them over the past 2 months

I walked a fair bit the last months couple of hikes , city walks , but nothing out of the ordinary. And after all these shoes are supposed to be more sturdy than normal sneakers. If there was just some normal wear I would be ok but this affects the waterproofness and that annoys me.

Anyway I sent them back but I bought them from a third party retailer and not directly from hoka . I don’t expect much as they will say normal wear blah blah blah . If that’s the case i will never buy hoka again.

I had cheap sneakers in the past that lasted longer than that. It’s nice to have all the bells and whistles in a shoes but that means nothing without durability
. Especially in a hiking shoe

I walked a fair bit the last months couple of hikes , city walks , but nothing out of the ordinary. And after all these shoes are supposed to be more sturdy than normal sneakers. If there was just some normal wear I would be ok but this affects the waterproofness and that annoys me.

Anyway I sent them back but I bought them from a third party retailer and not directly from hoka . I don’t expect much as they will say normal wear blah blah blah . If that’s the case i will never buy hoka again.

I had cheap sneakers in the past that lasted longer than that. It’s nice to have all the bells and whistles in a shoes but that means nothing without durability
. Especially in a hiking shoe
No t sure where you are located but that’s why I generally buy at REI. They take everything back.

Most read last week in this forum

I have just boarded an Iberia flight to Madrid, and so far have seen two people come on with collapsed poles attached to their backpacks. The topic that never dies

The standard response to what to do when you get bed bugs, is to wash and dry everything at 60 degrees. But if you do that to your silk sleeping bag liner or your merino socks or t shirts or down...
Does anyone have experience with the Patagonia Cool Daily long sleeve hoody on the Camino? Last summer on the Norte I wore the REI Sahara long sleeve t-shirt and while I liked it I found it a bit...
I will do the Camino Frances from mid June to mid July and will start in Pamplona. Should I take a fleece/cold weather garment?
Hey all! Having rabbit holed many, many packing lists, I'd love y'alls feedback on my packing list - https://lighterpack.com/r/p6hm36 For context, I'm 49, medium experienced hiker, weigh 200lbs...
The new "Experience" line from Altra looks interesting. Has anybody tried them yet? I will order a pair of Altra Experience Wild and report back after some day hikes. They have the traditional...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.