• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hello all

APD616

Time of past OR future Camino
April 2024
Hello All,

Camino virgins here!

Me and my other half are doing the Ferrol Camino in early April 2024 (Easter week).

A couple of admin questions if I may:

• In early April will the accommodations be open + options for eating along the way?
  • We plan to get the bus from Santiago to Ferrol. Is there a cheap option to get to the main bus station from the airport?
Thanks in advance.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hello All,

Camino virgins here!

Me and my other half are doing the Ferrol Camino in early April 2024 (Easter week).

• In early April will the accommodations be open + options for eating along the way?
  • We plan to get the bus from Santiago to Ferrol. Is there a cheap option to get to the main bus station from the airport?
Thanks in advance.

Line 6A.

Did you book your lodgings already? Semana Santa will be busy , especially in Ferrol and Santiago? Be aware.
All lodgings will be open , question will be if there will be rooms available.
The albergues from the Xunta can not be booked.
Semana Santa is idal for Spaniards to take a week off and walk a shorter Camino.

Line 6A.

Did you book your lodgings already? Semana Santa will be busy , especially in Ferrol and Santiago? Be aware.
All lodgings will be open , question will be if there will be rooms available.
The albergues from the Xunta can not be booked.
Semana Santa is idal for Spaniards to take a week off and walk a shorter Camino.
Thanks mate.

Nothing booked yet.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hello All,

Camino virgins here!

Thanks in advance.
I walked the route in April last year with no accomodation problems, plenty of eating options, excellent signage so you cant get lost... there is a regular bus service from SCQ to the estacion bus in the city (as far as I can recall about 7 or 8 Euros..)...buses from the estacion to Ferrol..check Monbus on line for schedulling and fees..

I walked the route in April last year with no accomodation problems, plenty of eating options, excellent signage so you cant get lost... there is a regular bus service from SCQ to the estacion bus in the city (as far as I can recall about 7 or 8 Euros..)...buses from the estacion to Ferrol..check Monbus on line for schedulling and fees..
Thanks mate, best wishes :)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
early April 2024 (Easter week).
Isn't Easter week the end of March this year?
Good point.

@APD616 - There is a big difference between Semana Santa (Holy Week, leading up to Easter Sunday with all the activities in Spain) and the week after. Many people travel during Semana Santa, so accommodations may be scarce that week. However, the week after Easter Sunday will be a normal week.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hello All,

Camino virgins here!

Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the forum!
Everything should be open, the 'season' starts just before Semana Santa ( the week leading up to Easter).

I walked the Inglés during Semana Santa last year, it was very, very busy.

You say early April so I assume the week immediately after Easter, the numbers last year (according to the official statistics) dropped significantly. This can of course change from year to year. You may wish to book your first night in Ferrol, because it is quite a popular town. Rightly so. If you have a little time to explore, its worthwhile. After that simply see how many others you're meeting - if it's a lot consider booking Bruma, or staying off - stage (it's a major pinch point when the trail is busy) otherwise you should have zero issues, as all of the other towns have loads of accommodation options.

You have the link above for the bus - it's a great service - however if time is a little tight for your connection you could take a taxi. It will take you around 15-20 minutes and cost just 23 euros. Tipping is not necessary in Spain however most of us tend to round things up slightly, that's entirely up to you!

I loved the Inglès, excellent choice for your first. Buen Camino!

Welcome to the forum!
Everything should be open, the 'season' starts just before Semana Santa ( the week leading up to Easter).

I walked the Inglés during Semana Santa last year, it was very, very busy.

You say early April so I assume the week immediately after Easter, the numbers last year (according to the official statistics) dropped significantly. This can of course change from year to year. You may wish to book your first night in Ferrol, because it is quite a popular town. Rightly so. If you have a little time to explore, its worthwhile. After that simply see how many others you're meeting - if it's a lot consider booking Bruma, or staying off - stage (it's a major pinch point when the trail is busy) otherwise you should have zero issues, as all of the other towns have loads of accommodation options.

You have the link above for the bus - it's a great service - however if time is a little tight for your connection you could take a taxi. It will take you around 15-20 minutes and cost just 23 euros. Tipping is not necessary in Spain however most of us tend to round things up slightly, that's entirely up to you!

I loved the Inglès, excellent choice for your first. Buen Camino!
Thank you.

Yes, 1st week in April is our time frame to walk the route.

Personally I would prefer a date range later in April/May, however my other half is a teacher so confined to UK holidays.

Re the bus from the airport to the central bus station in Santiago - I'm reading it runs every 30 mins during operating times. Is this correct to your knowledge?

Appreciated any advice.

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
Thank you.

Yes, 1st week in April is our time frame to walk the route.

Personally I would prefer a date range later in April/May, however my other half is a teacher so confined to UK holidays.

Re the bus from the airport to the central bus station in Santiago - I'm reading it runs every 30 mins during operating times. Is this correct to your knowledge?

Appreciated any advice.

An easy internetsearch confirms this.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
In 2024, the Semana Santa dates are from March 24th to March 31st. The first week thereafter will not see the enhanced Pilgrim numbers of Semana Santa. So, yes, the first week of April will be "quieter". Just remember "April is the cruellest month..." and "Oh to be in [Galicia] now that Spring is here...". ;)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
In 2024, the Semana Santa dates are from March 24th to March 31st. The first week thereafter will not see the enhanced Pilgrim numbers of Semana Santa. So, yes, the first week of April will be "quieter". Just remember "April is the cruellest month..." and "Oh to be in [Galicia] now that Spring is here...". ;)
Noted - Goretx at the ready.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.