• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Travel options from south Hampton to Ferrol/a Coruna

mackpac

Time of past OR future Camino
September 2024
Howdy folks
I am looking forward to doing the St. James Way in England and considering continuing on with the es Camino INGLES.
Can anyone share suggestion or have experience with transportation options across the Channel?
Prefer boat or ferry but open to all suggestions!
Cheers!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
For ferries the best bet is Brittany Ferries. Portsmouth to Bilbao. Portsmouth to Santander. Or Plymouth to Santander. Then the slow but beautiful FEVE rail line along the coast to Ferrol. Bear in mind that this will be much slower and MUCH more expensive than flying from London to either A Coruña or Santiago and travelling from there to Ferrol.

Nearest ferry would be Portsmouth to either Bilbao or Santander. There is no ferry direct to Ferrol or A Coruna.
Vueling fly direct to A Coruna or Santiago and transport to the start of the Ingles at either Ferrol or A Coruna is easy from both of those airports.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I know very little about Ferroes but have used the following to give me an idea of routings/ prices etc. just to give a steer and you can see which operators operate which routes and then you can go into the individual operators site.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
What a lovely idea to do it by ferry. Travelling as a foot passenger, you'll have a much lower carbon footprint than by plane as well. Sure, the ferry is more expensive but no need for airport transfers, and you get to see the sea. I'd love to hear how you get on. You've inspired me!

Howdy folks
I am looking forward to doing the St. James Way in England and considering continuing on with the es Camino INGLES.
Can anyone share suggestion or have experience with transportation options across the Channel?
Prefer boat or ferry but open to all suggestions!
Cheers!
Hi, I'm doing the St James Way, starting Fri 10th May, then onto the Ingles in Sept, so I may see you on the way....

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, finally plans for Camino Ingles become real, some accomodations, booked already, checking flights, etc..., starting 02june :) We are taking it slow, 8 days on the road, below are our stages...
No rooms in Bruma tonight. Anywhere. Is it cheating to take a cab 10k away to get a place to stay?
Hello all, I'll be walking the Camino Inlgés staring 21st May, along with my husband and my mother. My husband and I are relatively fit, in our mid-40's, and my 75-year-old mother is somewhat fit...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...
I did a search in this sub-forum but couldn't find anything recent. How much cash should I bring for the Ingles? All of my pre-booked accommodations except one accept credit card. That one place...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back