A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

1 Of A Kind!

omar504

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016,2017,2018
I was browsing in a second hand bookshop and found a recently published book about a bloke (Ben Nimmo) who walked from Canterbury to Santiago de Compostela-carrying 30kgs and a trombone. Only part of the way through it but he does jettison some gear along the way-but 30kgs...respect

Advertisment

omar504

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016,2017,2018
What about crazy but with overtones of respect?

A

Anonymous

"What about crazy but with overtones of respect?"

Love it, omar504!

Sounds like a modern, upbeat, ABC (authentic, brief, concise-picked this up in Guatemala sometime ago), description, of the Camiños!

Best 8)

xm

The book is called Pilgrim Snail (because of the size/shape of his load he travelled at a snail's pace!) and is one of two about the Camino that regularly reduce me to tears, the other being Jennifer Lash's On Pilgrimage. Read it / them for views on the pilgrimage that are from the soul. When I start to feel that I'm losing sight of the 'why' in the midst of the plans I return to these and remember

Advertisment

Janeh

I also have watched certain "you tube" videos or read books about the camino and been reduced to tears - I wonder what that means :? :) I think it must be something deep within us that touches us when we think about doing the camino. I imagine there must be many a wet eye sitting in the cathedral in Santiago at the end of the journey. For all the experienced people out there, can you shed some light onto why do you think many of us have this emotional reaction - especially to someone like me who isn't really religious.

@xm

thank you, thank you. Yes, I cried :)

@Janeh

have replied at length elsewhere, not sure whether it made any sense though - I feel that one gets touched to the core in a way that is undefineable, but as to why? Who knows

A

Anonymous

Janeh, maybe it's a matter of...was it Robert Frost that said it..."beauty is its own excuse for being..." The Camino is beauty. Beauty can be oh so moving. xm 8)

emotional mass service

well consider that alot of us walked 795km and arrived safely. I too CRYED. and to hear the nun sing, brought willys down my back. IT was such a GREAT Ending to the walk.
dawn

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 24 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 85 15.8%
  • May

Votes: 141 26.2%
  • June