• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A new means of transporting luggage and people at SJPDP

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Even in Sept 2023, there were two services running in the area SJPP - Burgos. I forget the name of the second, but this may be it.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I checked the Donkey Service website. It appears their service is limited to the Basque mountain area only. I cannot find any mention of onward transport of people or gear, say to Pamplona or Santiago.

It appears that Express Bourricot remains the sole long distance carrier - e.g. all the way to Santiago. But, Donkey Service seems to be a reasonable alternative for shorter trips.

Hope this helps.

Tom

I checked the Donkey Service website. It appears their service is limited to the Basque mountain area only. I cannot find any mention of onward transport of people or gear, say to Pamplona or Santiago.

It appears that Express Bourricot remains the sole long distance carrier - e.g. all the way to Santiago. But, Donkey Service seems to be a reasonable alternative for shorter trips.

Hope this helps.

Tom
Caminofacil takes bags all the way from SJPP to Santiago.

Thanks to you all. That's a useful clarification as to what is available for those who wish to use such a service.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I think they should do well - is the tip of the spear for virgin pilgrims and a lovely high mountain. Basically a set times 9 seater shuttle bus ... prices are interesting .. about the same as a taxi or more?

Looking at the prices from Biarritz to SJPDP they appear to be in line with EB, I think it's always good to have competition. I used EB 9 years ago ad could't fault them.
This year I'm doing the bus and train, I'll probably get lost between the airport and the bus stop, as they say it's all about the journey.

Looking at the prices from Biarritz to SJPDP they appear to be in line with EB, I think it's always good to have competition. I used EB 9 years ago ad could't fault them.
This year I'm doing the bus and train, I'll probably get lost between the airport and the bus stop, as they say it's all about the journey.
You'll be fine...just follow the backpacks.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I had a bad experience last year with Express Bourricot at Biarritz. I flew from Ireland with my bike in a big bag. I had to wait for it to come through. Then when I got it I realised I had to find the toilet. When I finally came out to the concourse the few passengers had already left. I made the mistake of going to the wrong exit initially, but quickly realised my mistake. When I trundled my bike out the front there was no sign of any EP bus. I waited a few minutes, then tried to call them, but my phone did not co-operate. As it happened I was the only pilgrim on the plane with a reservation for the bus, which meant that I would be responsible for the full 70E pre-payment. I had to get a taxi – also 70E.
In SJpdP I went to the office to plead my case. No joy. They said "the driver waited for you and you didn't show up".
I then made another payment of 70E to transport my bike bag to Santiago (no complaints about that). But it was a very expensive start to my camino.
EP are very clear when you reserve that there may not be other pilgrims to share, and I was ready for that possibility.

Is this in addition to Express Bourricot? Are they rival establishments or complimentary?
Complementary. But there is currently rivalry between the two. Enough said... but it wont be apparent to pilgrims.

€60,-
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back