• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

10 Days Where to Where would you recomend

jkd69

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances - have completed from st John to Leon .aim to complete next year.
Walked the Camio Frances before after an initial sample walk of 8 days gave me a taste for it. Want to take the same approach to Via De La Plata. Got approx. 10 days walking time to spend at end of March/April. Wondered what others would recommend walking as the most interesting on the Via De La Plata?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Walked the Camio Frances before after an initial sample walk of 8 days gave me a taste for it. Want to take the same approach to Via De La Plata. Got approx. 10 days walking time to spend at end of March/April. Wondered what others would recommend walking as the most interesting on the Via De La Plata?

I am about half way through Via de la Plata and, therefore, cannot comment on the second half. I would start in Seville. First, it is a beautiful City in which to begin. But, also, if you decide to continue at another time, then you can cover the whole Camino over a period of time. I am doing that, going back to continue each year and I go to La Calzada de Bejar in May 17 and continue my walk.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
If you want a very nice section, I would start at Zafra or Villa Franca de los Barros and walk through Merida (which is beautiful) and on to Caceres, which is also quite beautiful.

I'd start in Seville and end in Merida. Both cities are gorgeous and have fascinating architecture. In the middle you will experience the 30 km stage between Castilblanco de los Arroyos and Almadén de la Plata, which will give you an idea of what some of the longer stages on the VdlP are like. Also, the countryside is beautiful.

start the cp in Porto. Real easy to fly into and nice and quiet..... I know its a bit of a what apple should I choose.... Here's a pear answer.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I'd recommend Caceres to Salamanca. Beautiful scenery -- the wildflowers will be gorgeous at the time you're hiking -- plus both Caceres and especially Salamanca are wonderful cities. Also, the famous Caparra Arch and other Roman ruins are in this leg.

Buen Camino,
Melanie

@jkd69 I'm going to suggest the opposite of my dear walking buddy... @maggiec ... she's right in that the Sanabres is stunning but if I had 10 days I think I would start at the beginning. :rolleyes:

You get to see Seville, a few great stop-off points on the first day, you also get to see a variety of terrain and animals... the flowers were starting to come out last week so it will look incredible. You would certainly reach Zafra, and beyond if you walk fast/far?

This is the start of my blog from Sevilla https://caminobrassblog.wordpress.com/2016/09/20/finding-the-arrows/

The VdlP is beautiful and I think which ever section you decide on you'll have a fabulous walk :)

p.s. my second choice might be Merida to Salamanca? This site might help with your planning https://www.gronze.com/via-plata

@jkd69 I'm going to suggest the opposite of my dear walking buddy... @maggiec ... she's right in that the Sanabres is stunning but if I had 10 days I think I would start at the beginning. :rolleyes:

You get to see Seville, a few great stop-off points on the first day, you also get to see a variety of terrain and animals... the flowers were starting to come out last week so it will look incredible. You would certainly reach Zafra, and beyond if you walk fast/far?

This is the start of my blog from Sevilla https://caminobrassblog.wordpress.com/2016/09/20/finding-the-arrows/

The VdlP is beautiful and I think which ever section you decide on you'll have a fabulous walk :)

p.s. my second choice might be Merida to Salamanca? This site might help with your planning https://www.gronze.com/via-plata
Reading your comments whet my appetite even further for my upcoming ( 26th of April ) departure from Seville to walk the Via de La Plata to Santiago . Reckon there should be a great amount of foliage and flowers blooming at that time and hopefully kind weather

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I am about half way through Via de la Plata and, therefore, cannot comment on the second half. I would start in Seville. First, it is a beautiful City in which to begin. But, also, if you decide to continue at another time, then you can cover the whole Camino over a period of time. I am doing that, going back to continue each year and I go to La Calzada de Bejar in May 17 and continue my walk.
Hi MurrayDv,
I plan on walking the VDLP and was wondering about how you have found internet access along the way . I have walked 6 Caminos but unfortunately on my next one , I need to do a small bit of work each day , so would need internet . Missing the odd day , would not matter too much . I would be interested to hear how you have found connection . Thanks

Start in Seville and do in sections. Starting in 14 days in Seville and Santiago 38 days via Camino sanabres. Might run into you somewhere

Hi folks and thanks for all input so far on this one.
Especially liking the "you asked about apples, I gave you pear answer".
That brought a smile to my face.

Going to sit down at weekend and make final decision on route.

For all those already walking hope its going well.
For all those planning best of luck when you start.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Something a little unusual on the Spanish news websites today. Two pilgrims forced to climb an oak tree to escape from a cow defending her calf. Apparently they called the Guardia Civil from their...
Hello, I am researching the Sanabrés and have discovered that since the AVE construction is complete, this section from Requejo to Padornelo has a new route available along the Requejo River. Our...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back