2 Roumanias Prepare for 2010 Pilgrimage

remusro

Feb 19, 2009
Godspeed to all!

My name is Remus Cirstea. My late uncle wife, she is catholic, German born, 77 next year. She deeply wants to walk the Saint James path. I am afraid she is not capable to walk even for small distances on good roads. I would like to prepare her for the next spring-summer time for crossing.
Do you have some useful suggestions? Sincerelly, I prefer to star from Puy en Valle.
Please, In case you feel up to answer, you can use my E-mail address, too!
remus.cirstea@gmail.com

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
D

Deleted member 397

The route from Le Puy is beautiful but is pretty strenuous for the first week or so and covers some high areas where the weather is unpredictable (isn't it everywhere now!).Another option might be from Seville-it's shorter and starts off much easier.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi, Remus.
Here is Marius, from Bucharest, Romania.
Me and my wife we'll do the Camino this year, in the summer.
I got all kind of informations (guides, maps, tips etc), except food prices, which I started to collect. So, if you need something that I can help, please feel free to contact me. Here or private message.
Take care and Buen Camino!

KiwiNomad06

Veteran Member
Apr 13, 2007
Palmerston North, New Zealand
chemincamino08.blogspot.com
Time of past OR future Camino
Le Puy-Santiago(2008) Cluny-Conques+prt CF(2012)
remus,
I agree with omar here, in that the beginning of the Le Puy route is very beautiful, but it is also quite strenuous, with some quite big ascents and descents. The weather can also be quite wet, perhaps even snowy, over the Aubrac Plateau in springtime. If you really want to walk this French route, it might be better to start somewhere after Conques, eg Figeac or Cahors, as the altitude changes are usually more gentle from then on, and there are some flatter sections.
All the best with your planning and preparation.
Margaret

Arn

Veteran Member
Dec 3, 2007
Virginia, USA
Remus,

As you can see...there are many Forum members that are providing solid information for the Camino. Please consider the time she has to walk and then look at the best starting point. If she is willing and physically capable of walking 10-15 km per day...look at the time available and start from there.

With all the folks on the Forum that will be walking the Way at the same time...I am sure they would be willing to walk a section with her to ensure she makes it to Santiago as He wills.

Buen Camino,

Arn

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi Camino Family, I am travelling from Australia to start the Le Puy Camino May 27th 2024. If there is anyone else planning on walking around this time, it would be great to connect. I speak...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides