• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

2015 - what month

susiemcc

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2010)
Le Puy Route (2012)
Camino Portuguese (2015)
Finisterre/Muxia (2015)
Euro Peace Walk (2015)
Hi
I am planning to walk from Lisbon to Santiago with a friend in 2015 and would love some feedback on what months are best to walk, any books, guides, stories I should read and any information you can offer.

Thanks

Susie

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
There is no month that is best for walking. Its a matter of personal choice. I liked walking from Late October to Early December ... my only camino.

There are no books, guides, or stories you should read. You could do well to experience the camino without the stories of others to colour your expectations.

I found that 'A Journey of Days' ... by Guy Thatcher ... gave a reasonably objective picture of a day in the life of a modern pilgrim.

I found John Brierley's guide to be a useful resource in day to day planning whilst on the camino. I used his guides for Camino Frances and Camino Finisterre ... so I'm assuming his guide to Camino Portuguese is of similar value.

Hi
I am planning to walk from Lisbon to Santiago with a friend in 2015 and would love some feedback on what months are best to walk, any books, guides, stories I should read and any information you can offer.

Thanks

Susie

My advise Susie Read all the threads on this forum camino Portuges and the info at the website of Via Lusitana you'll find the webaddress many times mentioned on this forum.
There is hardly any question not to be answered.
Have a nice time on this forum

Bom caminho

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi

Thanks

Susie

Hello Susie.

There is not a perfect month to walk I think, but there are some average month's where you will not catch too much rain, or too much heat. So, for what people usually say, they go from mid April to early/mid July. After that, it's too hot to walk, and you will find better weather starting in early/mid September up until the end of October.

About the guides, @peregrina2000 was updating her guide some days ago. You can contatc her that she can pass you that information.

Best Regards
Diogo

Hello Susie.

There is not a perfect month to walk I think, but there are some average month's where you will not catch too much rain, or too much heat. So, for what people usually say, they go from mid April to early/mid July. After that, it's too hot to walk, and you will find better weather starting in early/mid September up until the end of October.

About the guides, @peregrina2000 was updating her guide some days ago. You can contatc her that she can pass you that information.

Best Regards
Diogo

Yes, that's right. I have revisions for the CSJ guides, Lisbon-Porto and Porto-Santiago. I am happy to send them as word documents, but the pdf booklet format is not yet done. Just PM me with an email address. And if there is anyone who has not seen the revisions, and who has walked any of this camino recently, let me know if you will take a look and offer suggestions. JohnnieWalker sent me many messages from pilgrims, all of which I have incorporated into the revisions, but the more eyes on the document the better. Thanks, Diogo. Laurie

Yes, that's right. I have revisions for the CSJ guides, Lisbon-Porto and Porto-Santiago. I am happy to send them as word documents, but the pdf booklet format is not yet done. Just PM me with an email address. And if there is anyone who has not seen the revisions, and who has walked any of this camino recently, let me know if you will take a look and offer suggestions. JohnnieWalker sent me many messages from pilgrims, all of which I have incorporated into the revisions, but the more eyes on the document the better. Thanks, Diogo. Laurie
Dear peregrina2000 may i request your word docs of the whole Lisbon to santiago route. I am doing it in june 2014 straight after a repeat of the le Puy route and will also promise to provide you with comments and accomodation information. My email is wendy.busch at bigpond.com
lots of love from
wendy

Last edited by a moderator:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Hi Peregrina2000....sorry but couldn't find the way to PM......
My email is susiemcc@live.com

Thankyou
Susie

Most read last week in this forum

My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...
Hello, I lost my GoPro with all my pictures on the Camino between Pedra Furada and Aborim last week. Is there a lost and found in SDC? Any other ideas? Thanks and Buen Camino.
We arrived in Porto by train from Lisbon yesterday afternoon. Long haul from Australia via Singapore, Milan and Madrid departed April 23. Our first encounter with other pilgrams was when 3...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back