• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

2017 May Trip

Ainenis

Time of past OR future Camino
starting in Burgos on May 28th. Not sure if we should fly to Madrid or Bilbao from Dublin. Will walk 7 days... would like to make it to Leon. A bit adventurous perhaps???

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Welcome Ainenis, I think there is a bus service from Bilbao to Burgos but one of the other members will let you know for sure.
Have a great Camino.
Buen Camino.

This past fall, I flew to Bilbao and then took the bus to Burgos in the morning. We arrived in Burgos in plenty of time to walk to Rabe de las Calzadas on September 18th. We made it to Leon on September 25th so 7 days is doable.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I fly into Madrid 16 May and then was thinking of bus to Burgos or Leon. Not sure where to start really. Will depend how my achilles feels

Hello and welcome to this forum.

You can catch a bus to Burgos from the Madrid airport. It is direct and takes 2-1/2 hours. Very easy.

The Camino is on the other side of the river.

Getting to Leon from Burgos in one week is doable.

Have fun.

Buen Camino

Hello and welcome to this forum.

You can catch a bus to Burgos from the Madrid airport. It is direct and takes 2-1/2 hours. Very easy.

The Camino is on the other side of the river.

Getting to Leon from Burgos in one week is doable.

Have fun.

Buen Camino

Thanks that is handy to know. Is it easy to find the camino path through large cities?? I always worry thats where i'll get lost.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thanks that is handy to know. Is it easy to find the camino path through large cities?? I always worry thats where i'll get lost.

Burgos is very clearly marked. The bus station is on one side of the river and the Camino is on the other side. Of course the Camino passes behind the large Cathedral. You will notice that the Camino seems to always pass by the local church. The Burgos Tourist Office is just off the Camino. If you can find the office, you will be there.

Just keep your eyes open. I got lost in Ponferrada on my first Camino. After passing the Castle and going up into the square, remember to bear left. a lot of pilgrims miss that marker.

There will always be someone around with a back pack to help you find your way. We become a very large support group while we are doing our thing out there.

Buen Camino,

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.