• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

2nd Time on CFŪ

Mike Blackard

Time of past OR future Camino
CF -Sept.-Oct 2018 , CF Aug- Oct 2019
(CF or VdlP summer/fall 2020)
Mike & Scott start the camino from St. Jean on August 28th. We are high school and college buddies from Seattle, Friends for over 50 years! Both of us 69 years young. Scott's 1st my 2nd camino. Scott has to leave at Logrono but we are joined in Puente La Reina by Frances & Loretto, two lovely ladies from Holland, who I met last year in Zubiri, and we walked together to Puente La Reina, where they will continue from where they stopped last year. I think Frances will walk to Burgos before returning home to family, leaving Loretto & me to carry on. Several days later, we hope to meet up in Leon with Raquel and Montse, two more lovely ladies, one from Alicante, one from San Sebastian. I got lost and was rescued by Raquel last year on our way to Bercianos. Montse joined us there, and we walked together to Leon, where they both took trains home to family. So they are continuing their pilgrimage, hopefully we can meet up again. Also hope to be joined by Ralph, from England, either in Burgos (where we separated last year after a couple days walking, or in Leon.- yet to be determined. All of this is just to illustrate how easy it is to make new friends on the camino, and how much fun to keep in touch for a year. I just casually wrote to them that I was thinking of going back this year, and they all quickly responded that they would join me along the way!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Colony Forming Units.

Sorry food science degree here.

Ū, got me there.

Apparently, when you are 69, you get kidney stones & involuntary finger movement causing extra letters etc to be added to camino frances abbreviation of CF. Also, as a fragile X carrier, I am starting to have balance issues (buying trekking poles in Bayonne or St. Jean), as well as memory challenges, and am hoping I don't have any trigeminal neuralgia strikes -(it's been 5 years since last procedure), but otherwise life is great- and can't wait to get back on the trail!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...
If you are planning to start a Camino in October 2024, you are invited to add a post to this thread – scroll down to the last post, and create a new post giving your expected start date, start...
Hi, this is Nils from Tenerife. I'm excited to start my very first camino - let's see what it will bring! 😍 For me, this journey is very much like an inwardly guided shamanic ceremony, following...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.