• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

3 stamps a day in the last 100 km?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robo

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 15,16,18
VdlP 23, Invierno 23, Fisterra 23
I'm a couple of days from Sarria.

A couple of Spanish pilgrims told me that this year we need 3 stamps per day in the last 100 km. ....
Is this true?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
For short distance pilgrims, Sarria etc., there seems to be a requirement. For people who started several 100 kms back. Not necessary. That's just my experience. 4 caminos

My experience says that if you have stamps the whole way and a sunburn they barely look at the last 100 kms. The people who get looked at closely for minimum requirements are the short distance walkers because they are trying to weed out the (decent number of) people who drive from bar to bar, albuergue to albuergue getting stamps the last 100km

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Agree with above. If anyone had questioned my credencial I'd just have walked. Politely of course. Just a piece of paper

Hello - I am currently doing the last 100 km & thought it was 2 stamps per day. That's what I have been reading on the blogs - so is it 2 or 3?
Niefia

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

A couple of Spanish pilgrims told me that this year we need 3 stamps per day in the last 100 km. ....
Is this true?
No. It's two per day. I think Johnnie Walker from the Pilgrim's Office just answered this question a few days ago too. My experience has been that if you walk from SJPdP, Lisbon, etc, they probably don't question one per day all the way but why risk it if you want the compostela?

Hmmm...this has raised a question for me. I thought you got your passport stamped at the alberque, therefore would only have one per day? What exactly is the standard/process re getting stamps?

Hmmm...this has raised a question for me. I thought you got your passport stamped at the alberque, therefore would only have one per day? What exactly is the standard/process re getting stamps?
Everyone is on the bandwagon. Bars, cathedrals, hotels, restaurants, etc. You can get sellos almost anywhere, all day long. In the area from Sarria, it is very, very easy to get 2 a day. Heck you could fill one side of a peregrino passport in a day if you wished. Just ask everywhere you stop. Many places will post a sign saying they have sellos. Other places leave the stamp and pad out for 'self-sellos'.
There is no standard process. Many peregrinos do not stay in albergues.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Ok thanks everyone. I'll stick with 2 per day for the last 100.

for those walking the Camino for the first time. ....everyone had stamps. Bars. Coffee shops. Hotels...churches. ..

Is this true?
they make lie - it's 2 stamps per day as stated on the pilgrim credential

Broke my wrist. My arm's in a cast! I intend to have my cast stamped!:):) ( at least until it will be removed)!

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Robo,

the pilgrim office site states:

To be awarded the Compostela:
  • You need to have made the pilgrimage for religious reasons or for a similar motivation such as a vow.
  • You need to have walked or travelled on horseback at least the last 100kms, or cycled the last 200kms, to arrive at the tomb of the Apostle in the Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela.
  • You should collect at least two sellos (stamps) each day on your credencial. This will usually be where you sleep and one other place such as a Church, ayuntamiento, café etc. You must ensure that you do this at least in the last 100 kms from the Cathedral of Santiago if you are walking or on horseback and 200 kms if you are travelling by bicycle.
Any other advice to the contrary might best be taken with a grain of salt.

Agree with above. If anyone had questioned my credencial I'd just have walked. Politely of course. Just a piece of paper
Hi Alan. Not just "a piece of paper"! The Credencial is mandatory for staying at the official albergues!
Buen Camino
Jochen

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hello - I am currently doing the last 100 km & thought it was 2 stamps per day. That's what I have been reading on the blogs - so is it 2 or 3?
Niefia
Just 2 , only when you are doing the last 100km from Sarria. Wish you a Buen Camino, Peter.

Just finished second Camino, neither of them did I have two stamps every day from Sarria, no problems whatsoever. Even got them to annotate the compostela with my wife's name

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back