Search 62305 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

3569 pilgrims arrived Today 😳

John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
Get your today and start planning.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

trecile

Staff member
Time of past OR future Camino
PAST - Francés, Norte, Salvador, Portuguese
Wow! Quite a Herculean effort by the Pilgrim's Office staff and volunteers.

When I arrived in Santiago in September 2019 around noon I received a ticket with a number in the 2000s. Shortly after I arrived they stopped giving out tickets for the day, as they had already reached the number that they were able to process that day. So it sounds like they must have more volunteers working and have streamlined the process more.

Time of past OR future Camino
And for clarity for current pilgrims on the way and those who will start soon, based on prior year figures and knowing that there have been less pilgrims leave from St. Jean this year than for the same period in 2019, only around 120 of those will have started walking from St. Jean.

Included in the larger number are a lot of last year Spanish High School students, some with their families who are walking to acknowledge the help of St. James with their final year exams. Generally, these pilgrims start somewhere on the 100klm boundary. Often Sarria and they often walk in large groups, singing as they walk.

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

Is it my imagination or is there not an announcement before the Pilgrim Masses at the Cathedral asking people NOT to take photos or videotape - which would include the swinging of the Botafumeiro?
Aside from the obvious, what are some unmissable albergues or experiences for Catholics? Are there any retreat spots along the way? As an example, I missed out on Zabaldika, but I wish I...
Hello, I’m walking the Camino del Norte at the moment (started in San Sebastián). I want to leave the route at Arzua and take a taxi to join friends finishing the portugues route so we can all...

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon