• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

4s Terminal Madrid to ALSA Bus for Pamplona

DeadFred

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
St Jean-Los Arcos ,Sept, Oct 14'
Los Arcos - Logrono-May16'
Next Logrono to ? - Sept 2019
Tickets purchased for ALSA bus Madrid Airport to Pamplona . Now need to find my way to the bus . Searched airport links without luck . Any help getting from A (T4s)to B appreciated :)

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The ALSA kiosk is to the left of the exit doors out of terminal 4, but since you already have your tickets, just walk out the exit doors and walk into your bus which will be parked outside, about 50 meters from the exit. You can't miss it. There will be other buses there as well.
You will have a bus change in Soria. It's a very small bus station.

The ALSA kiosk is to the left of the exit doors out of terminal 4, but since you already have your tickets, just walk out the exit doors and walk into your bus which will be parked outside, about 50 meters from the exit. You can't miss it. There will be other buses there as well.
You will have a bus change in Soria. It's a very small bus station.
Thanks Mark! ..One more question I am assuming I have to go thru customs first . Is that before the bus station ?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thanks Mark! ..One more question I am assuming I have to go thru customs first . Is that before the bus station ?
Yes, you sure do and it's before baggage claim and the exit to the buses out of T4. Once you exit the baggage claim area, you can't go back in. If you have to wait a couple of hours around T4 there near the exit, you can get food and drinks there.
Here's a couple of photos of the area off the net. See the exit doors to the right of the kiosk? That's where you go out to get your bus.

ParadaMadrid.jpg 2014_3_27_ZVQh9AkK8W1EtQEHm4jfy3.jpg

Yes, you'll go through customs first. Then, if you have arrived in 4S, you take the automated people mover to T4. Very well marked and easy to follow. Even a couple of bewildered, jet-lagged pilgrims like my husband and me managed to get it right. Buen Camino!

Bala and Mark .. You both Rock ! I do have a wee bit of a wait Flight arrives 7am , bus ticket for 1:15 pm .. plenty of time should "Murphy" strike :)

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
If your experience is anything like ours, you'll have already made several peregrino friends by the time your bus arrives. Enjoy!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Bala and Mark .. You both Rock ! I do have a wee bit of a wait Flight arrives 7am , bus ticket for 1:15 pm .. plenty of time should "Murphy" strike :)
Oh yeah, that's plenty of time. Like I said, there are shops and places to eat and drink there while you wait. You can enter and exit the terminal all you want. You just can't go back into where you came out into the terminal after exiting baggage claim.

So to piggyback off Fred's original question...may I ask, (since there are some very detailed answers being given on this thread YAY!!) when I land at T4S I will get on the people mover, then go thru customs (is that right?) then to baggage claim and get my backpack, then find Cercanias commuter train to get over to the train station-- is this correct?
Anything tips on going through customs? I am not familiar with the ends and outs of that.
Thank you.

Angie, The sequence is: passport control, baggage claim, customs. I'm pretty sure that's all in 4S, before you get on the people mover, but I don’t remember exactly. But basically, to get through those 3 points you are pretty much following the crowd -- as well as the signs. :D . As for going through customs, it's pretty much just a formality for most tourists. Check the airport link above and click on General Information, then click Arrivals. A lot of specific information that should help you feel more comfortable about what to expect. Buen Camino!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
So to piggyback off Fred's original question...may I ask, (since there are some very detailed answers being given on this thread YAY!!) when I land at T4S I will get on the people mover, then go thru customs (is that right?) then to baggage claim and get my backpack, then find Cercanias commuter train to get over to the train station-- is this correct?
Anything tips on going through customs? I am not familiar with the ends and outs of that.
Thank you.

Hi, Angie,

Getting down to the wire for you!

You will go through immigration in T4S. You will then get on the people mover, and then go to baggage claim, and then find the train. After you get your bag, there is theoretically some customs control, but you don't have anything to declare I assume, and you are unlikely to be stopped.

When going through immigration, make sure that you get in the non-EU line. And then, just like when you are in the grocery store, you are likely to find that the people in front of you are the slowest of all the lines you could have chosen from.

My T4 tip is that you should always take the elevator instead of getting on the escalator. Most of the ups and downs are more than one story and the elevator is almost always faster.

Buen camino, Laurie

Hi, Angie,

Getting down to the wire for you!

You will go through immigration in T4S. You will then get on the people mover, and then go to baggage claim, and then find the train. After you get your bag, there is theoretically some customs control, but you don't have anything to declare I assume, and you are unlikely to be stopped.

When going through immigration, make sure that you get in the non-EU line. And then, just like when you are in the grocery store, you are likely to find that the people in front of you are the slowest of all the lines you could have chosen from.

My T4 tip is that you should always take the elevator instead of getting on the escalator. Most of the ups and downs are more than one story and the elevator is almost always faster.

Buen camino, Laurie
Hi Laurie! Yes my time to start is near :) Thank you for your help throughout this time as I have messaged you with questions and such. You are so very helpful to all of us 'newbies' I shall remember how it felt to be treated so kindly when trying to figure all of this out! I am so appreciative!!
Buen Camino
Angie C.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back