A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

71 year old man dies at albergue in Tricastela

Advertisment

Advertisment

Jim_Hyde

Camino(s) past & future
Walked Le Puy to Navarrenx April/May 2018

davebugg

DustOff: "When I have your wounded."
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances...
Sept. 2017: SJPdP to Burgos
Sept./Oct. 2018: SJPdP to Santiago de Compostela
Since we all will be departing this mortal coil, my choice would be to have it occur while doing something I wanted do do, and enjoyed doing, and held a special meaning for me. Ultreia, Pilgrim.

Anamiri

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances
Sad news, but in the so-true magic words of Kenny Rogers, "the best that you can hope for is to die in your sleep". And although it probably caused upset for others in the albergue, for him, what better place. RIP

DebR

Camino(s) past & future
Starting 15 April 2013 St Jean Pied de Port
Such sad news, an American pilgrim walking from Leon to Santiago passed away, apparently in his sleep. I have linked to the article below.

http://www.radiocaminodesantiago.com/muere-un-peregrino-de-71-anos-en-un-albergue-de-triacastela/
This happened in a Hostal where I was staying in 2015, and at another nearby a couple of years earlier. My thoughts then - and now - turn of course to his family, but also to the camino family with whom I hope he had a laughter-filled pilgrim dinner the night before. I do think how hard it must be for those folk to walk on. May they wallk with his spirit, and the joy of the journey they shared with him, however briefly.

pilgrim b

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Caminos Frances 2013
Ingles 2014
Frances 2015
St Cuthbert's Way 2017
Via Francegena 2018
Prayers for his family and condolences for their loss, always remember he was doing what he wanted to do and he will always be a pilgrim.
May you all receive the blessing of strength to cope with your loss.

inmari

Camino(s) past & future
In Norway: 2016 the Saint Olav Walk (Oslo - Trondheim) and several shorter walks from 2007.In Europe:
2015: Pamplona - Santiago de Compostela
2014: Burgos - Covarrubias
2013: Le Puy-en-Velay - Pamplona

Camino Jim

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances,Via Francegena,di Francesco,Portugues,Finisterre,Ingles,Norte (Partial), Ingles
When I go ... that is how I want to go ..... resting under a tree walking the Camino .... May he rest in peace

David

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Moissac to Santiago Spring 2005 was the first foray.
Falling out of your broken body and up into the arms of Angels in your sleep? On Camino?
Yes please.
The Camino provides, in all situations. May he be surrounded by welcoming love and may his family, in their grief, be at ease and comforted - All is Well, He is Well.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Yes an Angel in Heaven now.
My thoughts are with his family now I hope they get some Peace from knowing he flew peacefully and happy.
This happened to us as a family our Brother died in Triacastella very much younger in 2013.
I posted on this site and got many beautiful messages from those who met our Brother.
Rest In Peace

Ste66

Camino(s) past & future
Completed Camino (Frances) Pamplona to Santiago de Compostela by bike 2015 completed walk from St Jean pied de port to Pamplona July 2016
Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

AbbyDee

Court Jester
Camino(s) past & future
In celebration of the 35th anniversary of my 25th year, I will begin my Camino in September 2017
Sad for all those he left behind but not a bad way to go far better than those who suffer from dementia or problems affecting mental or physical independence
True, I would rather go quickly, pursuing something I loved, than die by bits and pieces.

Camino(s) past & future
Walking the Camino from San Sebastian to Santiago along the North Route from October 8-20, 2018.
How very sad. Reminds me of The Way with Martin Sheen. May his family find the peace that I am sure he has found.

SabineP

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.

tomnorth

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances: September 24 - October 31 (2015); March/April (2019)
I can only hope that when I die, a friend of mine will and can write such words about me.

What a good man he was : Tony Palumbo!
What a beautiful tribute. Thanks for sharing.

creativegtu

Member, Artist on the Road
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2011)
Le Puy & parts of Frances (2013)
Aragones & parts of Frances (2015)
Primitivo (2016)

RumAndChupacabras

"Once Started, Camino Never Ends"!
Camino(s) past & future
Oviedo, Santo Toribio, Covadonga, San Sebastian de Garabandal: April 2018 Portuguese: May/June 2016
A gentle and peaceful death, while on Camino de Santiago Compostela! What a lovely way to go. RIP

Camino(s) past & future
August-September (2019).
Such a beautiful way to move on, sleeping after a good day doing what one loved. I feel sad for the family, but maybe they are happier that he died on the Camino than in a traffic accident. His friends tribute speaks to a decent man. May we all be friends to our friends like that, and remembered that way.

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 6 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 22 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 78 16.1%
  • May

Votes: 131 27.1%
  • June