• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A Armenteria

emerl

Time of past OR future Camino
Today
Hello,
I am thinking of doing this route tomorrow but there is only very expensive accommodation available in A Armenteria.
I know I can try the monastery but if they are full are there bus options in the area if I have to go to another town for accommodation?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Two years ago there was an albergue

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hello,
I am thinking of doing this route tomorrow but there is only very expensive accommodation available in A Armenteria.
I know I can try the monastery but if they are full are there bus options in the area if I have to go to another town for accommodation?
In case of.., you could take back the bus to Combarro where are some lodging places
Or take a taxi ( heading forward) to Barantes where we slept above a restaurant where the owner has some rooms for rent. ( EDIT) The name is os Castanhos as mentioned in a post below.
Because the boat from Vila Nova de Arousa went very early the next day , the lady owner took us by car to the boat. This was in 2015 when there only were 2 small boats for 6 persons each.

Last edited:
Hello,
What about the municipal? We stayed there and it was very nice. They don’t take reservations and are about a 10 min walk from town. El albergue de peregrinos San Ero de A Armenteira

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Contact Os Costanos in Barantes after the route of stones and water. Very comfortable, family run place to stay with excellent food. Directly on the Camino. Highly recommended.

https://www.alberguescaminosantiago...armenteria-meis-variante-espiritual/Dirección, características y contacto del albergue de peregrinos de A Armenteira:​

• Dirección: C/ Armenteira-Vilar, 53 – A Armenteira – Pontevedra.
  • Teléfono: (+34) 655 302 830
  • Email: albergue@meis.gal
  • Redes sociales: Facebook
  • GPS: 42°28’05.6″N 8°44’29.1″W / 42.468229, -8.741409 | Ver en el mapa |
  • Propiedad del albergue: Ayuntamiento de Meis / Gestión privada.
  • Persona encargada de atender el albergue: Eva.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
What about the municipal? We stayed there and it was very nice. They don’t take reservations and are about a 10 min walk from town. El albergue de peregrinos San Ero de A Armenteira
Hi Susan,

The Albergue in Armenteira now take reservations. I have just reserved a bed for September.

Hi Susan,

The Albergue in Armenteira now take reservations. I have just reserved a bed for September.
I wasn't aware of this. Last week got to Armenteira around 1pm to find both the Monastery and Albergue full. Lots of Pilgrims in and around the Cafe trying to find alternative arrangements. I decided after lunch to continue to Barantes to find Hotel Os Costanos full also. Kindly they found me an apartment for the night for the same price as a hotel room. They dropped me off and picked me up in the morning to return to the hotel for breakfast. Anyone contemplating walking the Spiritual l Variant I would highly recommend, the most enjoyable section of the Portuguese in my opinion.

I wasn't aware of this. Last week got to Armenteira around 1pm to find both the Monastery and Albergue full. Lots of Pilgrims in and around the Cafe trying to find alternative arrangements. I decided after lunch to continue to Barantes to find Hotel Os Costanos full also. Kindly they found me an apartment for the night for the same price as a hotel room. They dropped me off and picked me up in the morning to return to the hotel for breakfast. Anyone contemplating walking the Spiritual l Variant I would highly recommend, the most enjoyable section of the Portuguese in my opinion.
I stayed at the albergue in Armenteira in 2019 at about the same time as you were there and had no problem getting a bed, nor did I notice throngs of people in the town and monastery, showing how busy the Portuguese is becoming. It seems to be following in the "footsteps" (pun) of the Frances.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

I just walked the Camino Frances and have a few weeks left. I want to go on and walk the Camino Portugues in reverse. A lot of people told me about the espiritual, but it seems quite complicated...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back