A Change of Plans

Nov 1, 2008
Portland, Oregon
www.caminosantiago2.blogspot.com
Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
Joe and I have been eyeballing the Camino from Madrid, and I think instead of dropping down to Caceres this year, we'll just walk up from Madrid to Sahagun, then find our way to Pamplona to meet up with our friends.

I'm getting ready to scour these posts, but if you have walked this stretch and have not posted information about Albergues and food and costs (or any other notes) could you please do so? It would be really helpful as there isn't a lot of info online about this route that I've found so far.

Thanks pilgrims!
Annie

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

giorgio

Feb 25, 2009
Italy
CF(2000), Puy (03), VDLP(04), Arles(05), Paris/London(06), Norte(07),Vezelay(09), Levante(10),Madrid(13),CF(15),CF(16)
hallo Annie, for details check my notes on this same forum. Albergues are very nice and they are from 3 to 5 euros but the kindness of people taking care of you we have experienced would certainly deserve some extra...
Enjoy CDM, is a beautiful stretch we' ll certainly walk again in the future...

lynnejohn

Veteran Member
Mar 19, 2006
Frances(2005), VDLP(2007), Madrid(2009), Ingles(2009), Sur (2011), VDLP(2011)-partial, VDLP(2014)
You will enjoy the Madrid route, Annie - we also plan to return to that one. It was very quiet with no problem getting beds - or food. But I will miss the opportunity to perhaps run into you on the VDLP! In any case, enjoy your camino!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides