A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

See the full Camino Forum Store here with many more camino products.

Video A collection of Camino videos

David Tallan

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (1989 and 2016), Portugues - from Porto (2018)
Much as I do appreciate the interview videos and Ivar's updates from Santiago, my favourite Camino videos are those filmed on the Camino by people sharing their journeys. This sub-forum seems the perfect place to share a few of my favourites. Here are some of the ones that are still available on video-sharing sites. Feel free to add to the thread with your own favourites.

I'll start off with the vlog series. Each of these consist of a number of videos following the pilgrim(s) day by day. Some of these have production values and narrative arcs that, to my eyes at least, rival any of the professionally produced and commercially released Camino movies. I start with some of my favourites that have stuck with me over the years. If they whet your appetite for more, there are others that I've watched linked below. There are a bunch more on my "to watch" list. If you know of other good ones, feel free to share them in responses to this thread.

Of course, all of those just show "highlights". If you want to see the complete way, there are a couple of possibilities:

And then there are standalone videos, people who have put their entire camino experience into one video. As with the vlogs, I've found the best of these have cinematography and narrative arcs that rival anything commercial. And also, as with the vlogs, I've put my favourites that have stuck with me at the top, followed by other ones I sometimes go back to below. And, of course, there are probably plenty more as good that I haven't seen yet. They get added faster than I can watch them. Please point me at the good ones I've missed. I've sorted them by length, to facilitate finding one that will fit your available time.

Over one hour long:

30-60 minutes:

30 minutes or less:

Last edited:

Marbe2

Camino(s) past & future
2015-2019 walked all or more than half of CF 7 times... CP recently cancelled by Covid 19!
WOW David! Thank you so much! I copied your list and will begin viewing a number of them. A teasure trove!

wayfarer

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
SJPP-Santiago-Finistera-Muxia. April/May 2012
Sarria-Santiago Sept. 2013
SJPP - Almost Orrison April 2014
Great list, thank you.
I watched the Radio Buen Camino vids a few years ago, loved them, the author was/is a member here.

Luciano Sanguini

Camino(s) past & future
French (2019)
Thanks David.
Great list.
I also have my videos and I would like to share, for dure It is amateur, but I have been doing to share my experience and help someone during his travel planning.
Buen Camino.

Marbe2

Camino(s) past & future
2015-2019 walked all or more than half of CF 7 times... CP recently cancelled by Covid 19!
Much as I do appreciate the interview videos and Ivar's updates from Santiago, my favourite Camino videos are those filmed on the Camino by people sharing their journeys. This sub-forum seems the perfect place to share a few of my favourites. Here are some of the ones that are still available on video-sharing sites. Feel free to add to the thread with your own favourites.

I'll start off with the vlog series. Each of these consist of a number of videos following the pilgrim(s) day by day. Some of these have production values and narrative arcs that, to my eyes at least, rival any of the professionally produced and commercially released Camino movies. I start with some of my favourites that have stuck with me over the years. If they whet your appetite for more, there are others that I've watched linked below. There are a bunch more on my "to watch" list. If you know of other good ones, feel free to share them in responses to this thread.

Of course, all of those just show "highlights". If you want to see the complete way, there are a couple of possibilities:

And then there are standalone videos, people who have put their entire camino experience into one video. As with the vlogs, I've found the best of these have cinematography and narrative arcs that rival anything commercial. And also, as with the vlogs, I've put my favourites that have stuck with me at the top, followed by other ones I sometimes go back to below. And, of course, there are probably plenty more as good that I haven't seen yet. They get added faster than I can watch them. Please point me at the good ones I've missed. I've sorted them by length, to facilitate finding one that will fit your available time.

Over one hour long:

30-60 minutes:

30 minutes or less:

These are wonderful...and we have time😀😀😀 Sometimes when I watch on film I find myself walking with them! Thank you again!

Stephan the Painter

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2020)
Terrific resource. A few of those I have watched, but most I’m not familiar with. i’m sure I’ll get some enjoyable viewing. It might be nice to add this to resources, as well, So it doesn’t disappear into the sea of posts.

MarkyD

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés 31/08/2018 - 20/10/2018

Over one hour long:

30-60 minutes:

30 minutes or less:

And I thought my Camino playlist on YouTube was long.......

David Tallan

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
And I thought my Camino playlist on YouTube was long.......
And that doesn't include the videos that are essentially just slideshows, of which there are many, or all of the many daily vlog series still on my "Watch Later" YouTube list. And its been a long time since I've done a "Camino" search on vimeo.

Nan

Camino(s) past & future
. April 2016. April 2017
Thank you David for the time and effort you have put into this great resource for the benefit of others.

Camino(s) past & future
may/june (2018)
Thanks for collating these David. Great to have so many in one spot...and with times listed too. Wonderful. Looking forward to coming back here to click on them whenever I need another Camino dose! (Which is quite often these days)

Camino(s) past & future
Sept. 14 - Oct. 28/18 CF
Thanks David, it is nice to have a list, I am on YouTube a lot and just flip through them and see what ones I like. Nice to have a title or a name to check out.

Cathy

Dani7

Stop wishing, start doing.
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances
When the time is right

Over one hour long:

30-60 minutes:

30 minutes or less:

Thank
You David. Amazing list. So appreciate your effort. If I may, I would like to add the complete vlog from Alaskan Pilgrim. Day by day of her Camino Frances. Very well done.

David Tallan

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Thank
You David. Amazing list. So appreciate your effort. If I may, I would like to add the complete vlog from Alaskan Pilgrim. Day by day of her Camino Frances. Very well done.
I think you will find that already there under her name, Jeanee James. :)

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
Wonderful, David! This comprehensive and informative well categorized list shows your love of the Camino, and your patience...lots and lots of patience! Well done!

he.panpub

Camino(s) past & future
19 Levante, CP da Costa;18 Sagrès-Santiago;17 Torrès,Primitivo; 16 C Portugues ;15 CF; 14 Podensis
Hi,
I made short videos of other caminos than Francès :
- Camino Torrès : from Salamanca to Santiago, by Portugal (not Via de la Plata) (2017)
- Portugal : from Cabo de Sao Vicente (near Sagrès, south Portugal to Santiago) (2018)
- Camino de Santiago de Gran Canaria (2019)
- Camino del Levante from Valencia to Zamora then Camino Sanabrès from Zamora to Santiago (2019)
- Caminho Portugues da Costa from Porto to santiago (2019)
on my youtube channel he.panpub :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLHa4Ir6xLtLmB8dUvg1Ipg/videos

William Garza

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, The Jakobsweg
Been following Efren Gonzalez on his Journeys!
Taking the mystery\fear of the unknown out of the Caminos for me. Seen many deep into the nite..but hasn't taken away from the joy of being there myself someday.

William Garza

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Thank
CRAZY!!!! her posts showed up in my feed this last week!
There are a few that pop up..but hers was insistent..now i have to check it out!

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
Been following Efren Gonzalez on his Journeys!
Efren is my all time favorite for watching Camino videos! The quality is outstanding and he is definately a professional. He has such a great personality and his enthusiasm is contageous! I just finished his newest series on the Norte and it was excellent.

William Garza

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Efren is my all time favorite for watching Camino videos! The quality is outstanding and he is definately a professional. He has such a great personality and his enthusiasm is contageous! I just finished his newest series on the Norte and it was excellent.
It was someone from here who had posted a link to his many videos..saw one and was hooked.watching the Camino Francigena right now..from following all the good folks journeys here..mentions and notables from your journeys....it has been like having read the book of really great authors and then seeing a movie that follows what has happened,can happen..costs outside of Spain, a certain section of Camino leading to Switzerland
Alburgues,pensiones,wild camping..its like all your wonderful travels and tribulations brought to life.

I dont want to limit the series nor denegrate anyones experiences by saying the series is a gold standard..because there is always another POV,another storyteller who will open my eyes to the possibilities of the Caminos you guys have traveled ..but so far my top views are his channels!

David with new Kit!

Camino(s) past & future
CF September (2019) SJPP to Logrono
CF May/June (2020) Logrono to ? (Delayed).
These links are excellent. I had been doing my homework for the Camino Ingles and had not found any videos I had liked, but I found a couple of good ones in your links.
Thank you very much for taking the time to do this for us all.

David Tallan

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I think I've gone beyond my edit window for the original post. Maybe I will try and figure out how to put this in a document and upload to the "Resources" section.

In the meantime, here's another set of vlogs to add to the list:
Burke and Natalie Rigby: Camino Frances

Marbe2

Camino(s) past & future
Thank

I REALLY ENJOYED THE Alaskan Pilgrim video segments. She did a great job presenting a good sample of the terrain. One sees where she stayed, what she ate, and her day to day, real-life struggles and triumphs! I think it is an excellent video, for someone who wants to get a real feel of daily experience on the CF. She, like us, got “caught” in Logrono the weekend of the Wine festval...luckily we had booked a hostel - though barely a roof over our heads, it was lodging.
ANYWAY THANK YOU Alaskan Pilgrim for sharing your Camino experience and sense of wonder and gratefulness. I admire your fitness and ability to carry so much weight! You may have gotten some of the blisters from the stress of the extra weight you were carrying? A well-done day to day sharing of your heart-felt struggles and joys on your camino!

Last edited:

stevelm1

Recovering Perigrino
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances Sep-Oct 2015, Camino Portuguese in Sep-Oct 2019. I might have one more Camino in me.
This is a great and well organized list of Camino films. Thanks for putting it together. Thanks also for including my series for the Camino Frances from 2015.

Last edited:

Marbe2

Camino(s) past & future
I am still walking short distances at home while enjoying numerous Camino videos from SJPdP to SdC. Many early mistakes resulted in blisters. Some Major reasons for those included: Most of these pilgrims had not walked with their packs full prior to departure; Or, some tried to walk from SJpdP to Roncevalles without having practiced with their backpack prior to departure and then insisted on carrying overweight backpacks from SJPdP to Roncevalles, Or, some did not stop to take off their shoes and air out their feet, and, or change socks, and, or, Some tried To do too long a distance the first couple of days.

Two Camino videos I would recommend:
Lindsey Hikes and Travels: Camino Frances. Lindsay has videos on her planning and preparation which would be helpful to newbies. How she cared for her feet on the camino was exemplary. She had no blisters and paced herself initially. Knew her own pace. Not sure, however, about her combinations of pain meds. Good for single women traveling alone.

Great for families to watch....

WorldTowning: Camino Frances. Jessica and Will and their children Avalon (12) and Largo (10) were quite entertaining! They live an alternative lifestyle in real life. What a humorous, warm, loving family ! This is not the typical camino video. They made some early self care mistakes with their feet resulting in blisters. And they did their camino their way. However,they were able to walk all the wayfrom SjPdP to Finisterre. Hats off to them! Great visually using drone and excellent photography.

Last edited:

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 196 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 323 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 94 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.9%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 373 28.8%
  • October

Votes: 156 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock