• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A new departure for me, Barcelona.

FourSeasons

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2013, 2016, 2019, 2024
Here's the dealeo. 😁 Instead of my usual departure city back to the US of A from Paris. I am now coming home from Barcelona. I've done my due diligence in searching how to get from Logrono to Barcelona. Here's where I need advice, experience, other options?.

I'll be leaving on a Sunday from Logrono and have found:

Trains to Barcelona, at least what I can find, arrive really late, too late for my liking because I then have to walk/metro/uber to my hostel arriving there near 23:00 (11PM). I'm not even sure of the location of the train station. It's confusing on Google Maps. Can anyone provide me with the correct name/address of the train station?

BlaBla car is really reasonably priced and has plenty of departure times getting me to Barcelona early enough. Has anyone used BlaBla car? For a long distance ride, 5 hours? Thoughts, suggestions.

The hostel is in the Gothic Quarter, near a beach and within a 15 minute walk to the Cathedral. Is it safe for a solo woman to walk around in the evening after dark? Always aware of my surroundings. Any suggestions where to eat, site see in one day.

I plan on using Jayride to get me to the airport. I've never heard of Jayride, it came up during one of my searches. The pricing seems very reasonable. Anyone with experience using them?

Any suggestions are appreciated - thanks in advance for helping me get my final ducks in a row.
😎👣🌻

EDIT: After further research I will have to push the departure date from Logrono to a Monday and take an early flight. The train schedules I am seeing are getting in too late to constitute paying for a full day at the hotel and a 9 hour train ride is less appealing than a 4.25 hour flight. At least I'll still have time to walk about for a bit in Barcelona. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Buen Camino!
:cool: 👣 🌻

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The hostel is in the Gothic Quarter, near a beach and within a 15 minute walk to the Cathedral. Is it safe for a solo woman to walk around in the evening after dark?
Yes. I'm in Barcelona right now, and typical of most Spanish cities there are people out and about at night.

You will probably will arrive at the Sants train station. You can take the metro from there to the Gothic Quarter.

Yes. I'm in Barcelona right now, and typical of most Spanish cities there are people out and about at night.

You will probably will arrive at the Sants train station. You can take the metro from there to the Gothic Quarter.
How did I know you'd be so quick to respond. 😁 Thank you. Can you tell me though. Am I right with the train from Logrono arriving so late in the evening? I really want to avoid this if possible.

Thanks for your reply and I hope you're enjoying your time. Buen Camino!
😎👣🌻

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The hostel is in the Gothic Quarter, near a beach and within a 15 minute walk to the Cathedral. Is it safe for a solo woman to walk around in the evening after dark? Always aware of my surroundings. Any suggestions where to eat, site see in one day.

The Barri Gotic proximity (at its southern end) to the waterfront, doesnt mean it’s near a beach in the usual sense of the word…

As for walking around after dark, believe me the Barri Gotic and the nearby Las Ramblas will be busy busy with people walking around, drinking inside and outside bars, and promenading. Barcelona has a reputation for pickpockets and scam artists. I’ve never had an issue but take the usual precautions.

I’ve always had a soft spot for El Xampanyet…

And don’t even THINK about sitting down for dinner in a restaurant before 10.30pm…

Last edited:
Sans is the name of main train station in Barcelona
Taking into consideration the usual " be vigilant " it is safe to walk streets in Barca. Life only starts there at 10pm :D

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Re getting to El Pratt there is a very comfy bus leaving from Plaza Catalunya takes about 30 mins and in 2021 was about 6 euro
Would be very convenient as Plaza Catalunya is the beginning of La Ramblas wh8ch practically is Barri Gothic

The Barri Gotic proximity (at its southern end) to the waterfront, doesnt mean it’s near a beach in the usual sense of the word…

As for walking around after dark, believe me the Barri Gotic and the nearby Las Ramblas will be busy busy with people walking around, drinking inside and outside bars, and . Barcelona has a reputation for pickpockets and scam artists. I’ve never had an issue but take the usual precautions.

I’ve always had a soft spot for El Xampanyet…

And don’t even THINK about sitting down for dinner in a restaurant before 10.30pm…
Yes, the description says it is a few minutes from the Barcelona Port and I can walk just about 20 minutes to a sandy beach. The Las Ramblas is very close leaving me excited to explore the many cafes and restaurants.

Thanks for the tip on pickpockets and scam artists. Sometimes we get caught up in the excitement but I will definitely take precautions. I will google El Xampanyet - a late dinner it will be. Thank you.
:cool: 👣🌻

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Re getting to El Pratt there is a very comfy bus leaving from Plaza Catalunya takes about 30 mins and in 2021 was about 6 euro
Would be very convenient as Plaza Catalunya is the beginning of La Ramblas wh8ch practically is Barri Gothic
Thanks for the option, will definitely look into it.
😎👣🌻

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Try looking on Trainline as it will give connections. Looks like multiple times on Sundays although you did not give a date. I put in a Sunday a couple of weeks from now. Renfe will usually not show connections.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I know that your travel plans are set, but I have recommendations for other people traveling between Logroño and Barcelona. Blablacar is a great option and you could also take the train to Zaragoza and follow it with a Blablacar, high speed train (AVE, Ouigo, Avlo, Iryo), or bus from there. Zaragoza is a transportation hub in that part of Spain.

As someone who has lived in Barcelona for close to 20 years, I advise you to avoid all restaurants on Las Ramblas. Even the majority of restaurants on Passeig Joan de Borbó cannot be recommended.

Walk a block or two away to find a better place or ask for recommendations.

BlaBla car is really reasonably priced and has plenty of departure times getting me to Barcelona early enough. Has anyone used BlaBla car? For a long distance ride, 5 hours? Thoughts, suggestions.

I used this from Santiago to Hendaye after my Camino - cost me 35 euro!! Reckon it was nearly a 8-9 hr drive as we went via La Coruna, and then various other drop-offs and had to stop several times because the car was over-heating!! I asked if I could have a front seat before booking as I can get a bit travel sick if not driving myself. It was a last resort for me as trains were very complicated and a bus would take even longer. However, it was absolutely fine though and quite enjoyable, and you can check the stats of the driver etc on the app.

As someone who has lived in Barcelona for close to 20 years, I advise you to avoid all restaurants on Las Ramblas. Even the majority of restaurants on Passeig Joan de Borbó cannot be recommended.

Walk a block or two away to find a better place or ask for recommendations.
I strongly second that (although wish as I may I have not lived in Barcelona for even 1 year)
Las Ramblas restaurants are big tourist traps.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
You are getting plenty of encouraging advice. I have always found Barcelona great.

Just to say the bus service to the airport is very efficient and quick and every half hour or possibly more frequent during the day. You need to get a different bus (from the same stop) depending which terminal (ie which airline) you are going to, but it is very straightforward and staff are helpful if you are unsure.

Last edited:
Stayed at TOC Hostel recently. El Xampanyet is a must (ate there twice). Otherwise, there is also Tapeo, which is directly opposite and takes reservations. I believe the nearest metro station would be Jaume I.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Not at Logroño, but I used Blablacar in Sept 2023 from SDC to Madrid, it cost me €45 and it took 12 hours... we had a wonderful lunch by detoured back to CF route - Vega del Valcarce.

Not at Logroño, but I used Blablacar in Sept 2023 from SDC to Madrid, it cost me €45 and it took 12 hours... we had a wonderful lunch by detoured back to CF route - Vega del Valcarce.
Wow! 12 hours! The price is definitely right, thank you for sharing your experience. Were you the only passenger?

:cool: 👣 🌻

Most read last week in this forum

We arrived in Santiago and after searching ways to get back to Pamplona it worked out easier to hire a car . It would mean picking the car up from Santiago airport and leaving it at a hotel in...
Hello, I am 16 days out from "boots on the ground" on the Frances route. As I am a solo female pilgrim My family wants to be able to find me any time day or night as I make my way across Spain...
I was trying to buy an Alsa bus ticket on-line to take us from Pamplona to SJPDP. It ask for a "document" and document number? Passport isn't mentioned and it wont let me make a purchase without...
Madrid Albergue near airport? I will be going on to Irun/San Sebastian. With thanks, fondly sandi
Some news that was posted on Facebook by Johnnie Walker which I'm sure he won't mind my repeating here. Not sure who his informant was. The post was quite long but I'll just repost it here in...
hello - Does anyone have a suggested app that i can both track my progress along the route and share real time location? i know how to share real time on google maps but. or route progress. thank you!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back