• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A New Way To Walk The Camino

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Next we'll be able to walk the Camino just using AI from the comfort of our arm chairs. :rolleyes:

Might be a handy device for those with physical challenges?
Though looking at the video and the leg straps, all I could think of was chafing.

I was thinking it would be a much better use of the technology if it assisted those with mobility issues

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I sense on opportunity to exploit a market niche: Day rental of outdoor exoskeletons in SJPP to get pilgrims succesfully over the much coveted passes of the Route Napoleon. 😶

I thought at first that this thing was a joke but perhaps it is more than a on-off failure of an idea.

Even after years of covering safety, industrial, military and medically targeted exoskeletons, the idea of a wearable recreational performance-booster didn't come anywhere near our radar until Hypershell put its Omega lineup on Kickstarter just over a year ago. That looked like an off-the-wall one-off at the time, but it might just have kicked off the age of the temporary-cyborg adventure-seeker.
Just like ebikes open up doors to fitness and exercise for people who might not dare to take off on a long cycle without some assistance, these recreational exoskeletons promise to welcome people to hiking and climbing experiences that might otherwise be beyond their fitness level. So while the idea might sound like complete sci-fi lunacy right now, these things could end up being extremely useful, and a very liberating way to bypass physical constraints.
Source: https://newatlas.com/outdoors/dnsys-x1-all-terrain-exoskeleton/

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Oops, sorry accidental tap of "post reply".

I have several other ways of group and international communication. As to the channel advertised, it contained both a video and written explanation, while other sites provided the video only.
I view sites from around the world. Whether I agree with them or not is not important. I learn other viewpoints.

I'm like you. I do not use FB as I do not feel it is necessary for me. I prefer several other ways
Your link to the Hypershell ProX all-terrain exoskeleton points to FoxNews and not to FaceBook. ;)

However, no matter what the news source was, there was a flurry of news articles about this item, including on Yahoo and in the Denver Gazette, because it was going to be presented at some trade fair around the time and the company probably released a PR info piece that got picked up by various news media. FWIW. ;)

I am ready to be deleted. I do not ever pay attention to the channel advertised. Same as FB and a few other global deceivers.

You know those abbreviations? In my (humble! Opinion
@Kirkie, I’ve been trying to send you a PM but not having success, could you send me a message?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Your link to the Hypershell ProX all-terrain exoskeleton points to FoxNews and not to FaceBook. ;)

However, no matter what the news source was, there was a flurry of news articles about this item, including on Yahoo and in the Denver Gazette, because it was going to be presented at some trade fair around the time and the company probably released a PR info piece that got picked up by various news media. FWIW. ;)
Fox News was what I was referring to when I said "as to the channel advertised". This was in reference to @Kirk's same word usuage.

and here I thought this was an invitation to walk THE WHOLE CAMINO backwards (I.e. not SdC --> SJPdP but actually with your back towards the destination)

With all Respect Due to many people who do not think like me, I do not prescribe to anything AI-related for with my usual cynical trust in humankind, I see more chances for "bad" than "good"

in addition, like anything else mechanical - there is always a tiny-tinsy-itsy-bitsy chance of the thing malfunctioning. I would not trust a contraption on both of my legs for the fear that it may decide very Un-"intelligently" (I mean its intelligence IS artificial as advertised, right?!) to ramp up my speed to 50km\h on the Molinaseca descend.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
You are right...and that would be my last descend at least on this Earth! (I dont cound descending into Hell because, again as per my usual cynical disposition, I strongly believe I am already there ;))
I could also mention that thinking on it - the last thing that would cross my mind would be my feet :rolleyes::oops:🤣

The device is an assist for steeper climbs. However on the flat you would be carrying 66lbs (30Kg) of dead weight.
I don't think these techno trousers are really a valid use for 24 to 30 Km day hike and imagine the queues for charging the dam things never mind your USB devices

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The device is an assist for steeper climbs. However on the flat you would be carrying 66lbs (30Kg) of dead weight.
I don't think these techno trousers are really a valid use for 24 to 30 Km day hike and imagine the queues for charging the dam things never mind your USB devices
I thought 'techno trousers' were something you attended raves in, in the 90's 🤣

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Might be a handy device for those with physical challenges?
Though looking at the video and the leg straps, all I could think of was chafing.
It’s fastened to the thigh. The amount of help it gives with the weight you’re carrying is surely proportional to the stress it adds to you knees, ankles, and feet!

Also, the lowest cost model is $600. I assume that’s US dollars.

With all Respect Due to many people who do not think like me, I do not prescribe to anything AI-related for with my usual cynical trust in humankind, I see more chances for "bad" than "good"
Cynical or not, it would do all of us well to note that AI all too often really means Artificial Idiocy. I’m cynical about it partly because I spent more than thirty years as a software engineer.

Consider how long Google, Tesla, and many others have been working on “self-driving cars” and we still see bad news about them from time to time.

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

I did not use Bookings.com during my Camino, but most pilgrims I met did. And from this site it is evident that most people use Bookings at least some of the time. This article is for those of...
Currently I am in Burgos resting up from a knee injury. I am not giving up the possibility of continuing on foot, but in the meantime I would like ideas of options in the event that I can not...
Hi all, just a quickie, Has anyone else noticed that the older you get, the larger the ratio of medication: kit you carry in your rucksack? This time round it appears to be around 60% walking...
....asked me to remind you that May 12 is the Feast of Santo Domingo de la Calzada.
As I watched the aurora Friday night (west coast Canada) I was thinking how wonderful it would be to see it along the camino. Wondering if anyone currently walking or living along the camino saw...
Hi there, I will be walking Camino Primitivo soon and I still have some questions that you could maybe help me to answer. As I would like to avoid to bring unnecessary things with me. 1. I do...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back