Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

A Path for a Photographers Delight

Thea

Past OR future Camino
Photography will be a large part of my camino experience and I would love some advice on which route would deliver a great variety of picturesque scenery to capture? I particularly love landscape photography but also will capture the people and towns I visit. Thank you

(Yay my first ever forum post! FYI I'm an Australian photographer by trade)

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

Jetgirl

Past OR future Camino
SJPdP-Santiago (2014), SJPdP - Logroño (planned spring 2016)
I walked the Frances in 2014 and was able to capture the amazing adventure with my camera.

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
Past OR future Camino
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
Welcome to the forum @Thea Any Camino will provide more photographic opportunities then you can imagine ;-) My suggestion would be to start with the Camino Aragones and join the CF in Puente la Reina.

There are also some interesting threads here on the forum regarding gear, what to take and how to keep it at hand. Buen Camino, SY

wcsjms

Past OR future Camino
(2016) ; 1st Camino Frances September 2016-November 2016 ; Camino Frances August 2017-October 2017
Photography will be a large part of my camino experience and I would love some advice on which route would deliver a great variety of picturesque scenery to capture? I particularly love landscape photography but also will capture the people and towns I visit. Thank you

I am almost embarrassed to say, but I took over 5,000 photos plus video. Don't do that ...lol I am still sifting through them 2 plus months since arriving home. You will find endless photographic opportunities, so many that it will have you wrestling which is the best to shoot. I used a GoPro Silver 4, good little camera weighing ounces but no telephoto. Doing the Camino Norte' in Sept. 2017 and will bring a different camera, a DSLR that does telephoto both macro and micro. Buen Camino !

C

Camino Chris

I am almost embarrassed to say, but I took over 5,000 photos plus video. Don't do that ...lol I am still sifting through them 2 plus months since arriving home. You will find endless photographic opportunities, so many that it will have you wrestling which is the best to shoot. I used a GoPro Silver 4, good little camera weighing ounces but no telephoto. Doing the Camino Norte' in Sept. 2017 and will bring a different camera, a DSLR that does telephoto both macro and micro. Buen Camino !
I was embarrassed that I took over 2000 photos on each of my Caminos with my smartphone, but I guess it was a barely "average" amount after all...lol. I am a rather slow walker (on the uphills especially) and I loved stopping to take pictures to seal my memories, catch my breath, and look around for a few moments before moving on.

Pilgrim Pouch carry bags with different designs
A lightweight carry bag handy for walking, biking, traveling, & Caminos
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

I must say that every route I've walked has been a photographer's delight for all you mention above. (Landscape, towns, people) as well as animals, street art, cultural events, music, endless variations in beautiful light ...... so rich in all ways.

Thea

Past OR future Camino
Thank you so much everyone! It sounds like there no way to miss this journeys beauty!

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads