• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A short fused question about Pola Allande Option

tominrm

Time of past OR future Camino
Hi, I am in Tineo and will, hopefully, arrive in Campiello or Borres tomorrow, but I am very concerned about either choice of Pola Allande or Hospital. So I am looking for a way to make it easier. So far I have managed to walk 18-20 km a day up to this point.
The question is, is there anyway I can ship my backpack from either Campiello or Barres to Berducedo? That way I think I can take Hospital route.
My last option would be taking a bus or even taxi to Betducedo.
Another option is start very early tomorrow and try to go to Pola Allande if there are not that many hills to climb on the way.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Tom, you can email paqmochila@correos.com or call them at +34 683 44 00 22. For these intermittent stretches (instead of their all-the-way services) you leave 5 Euro with either their envelope, their tag printed from online, or some exact labeling with the same name as the person who does the arranging with them via email. It should be done by 21:00 the day before. They pick up after 8:00, no need to be there. Be sure to ask if the specific place you want pick-up from and delivery to is on their list - otherwise, arrangements can be made for pickup/delivery in the towns at some other place. I have concerns about this upcoming day myself. The best to you whichever route you end up taking!

Tom, you can email paqmochila@correos.com or call them at +34 683 44 00 22. For these intermittent stretches (instead of their all-the-way services) you leave 5 Euro with either their envelope, their tag printed from online, or some exact labeling with the same name as the person who does the arranging with them via email. It should be done by 21:00 the day before. They pick up after 8:00, no need to be there. Be sure to ask if the specific place you want pick-up from and delivery to is on their list - otherwise, arrangements can be made for pickup/delivery in the towns at some other place. I have concerns about this upcoming day myself. The best to you whichever route you end up taking!
Thank you, very much. I will try. I have heard about the Correo service but have not seen anyone using it on CP, and I thought you have to take your bag to the post office which is not in every village we stop. Anyway, I already begin to feel better.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Well, what I did is call a taxi from the Alto de la Morta after walking from Berducedo. What Irishgurl is going is taking a taxi to La Mortera to start walking at the very foot of the uphill climb. I think she intends to walk back down by her own means.

Well, what I did is call a taxi from the Alto de la Morta after walking from Berducedo. What Irishgurl is going is taking a taxi to La Mortera to start walking at the very foot of the uphill climb. I think she intends to walk back down by her own means.
I must have misunderstood, Anemone. Either way, it's a great idea to make use of the taxi service to reduce some of the strain for those unsure if it's doable for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must have misunderstood, Anemone. Either way, it's a great idea to make use of the taxi service to reduce some of the strain for those unsure if it's doable for them.
There was no way I could do the whole thing safely. I know my limits. That was my compromise. And seeing the faces of those who arrived late afternoon, including avid hickers, I knew I had made the right decision. It would simply not have been safe for me.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I have walked Pola and it's really not at all hard. Various people who shall not be named will show you a profile map that looks like the north face of the Matterhorn. Their agenda is to get you to stock up on snacks or stay at a certain albergue. There is one slightly steep slippy section just after the top but the descent is fine too. There was a man selling beer from a van at the top! My view is that any hill you can get a normal car up can't be that bad.

I started walking at 8:30 this morning from Tineo just trying to get to Campiello. When I arrived the village it was just noon. Then a Correo van stops at a store just in front of me. I asked the driver if I can ship my backpack to Pola de Allande, then he said yes. So I shipped my backpack, and I did not have choice but walking to Pola. I could not have made it if I had my backpack.
I am sitting in a bar and the tender tells me how steep the slope is to Berducedo. So I am scared again even without carrying backpack.
I am thinking about taking taxi or bus to Berducedo. Someone says it is easy, and others say it is the hardest part of CP.
a taxi driver overheard our conversation and says he drives his son to Berducedo in the morning and offered me a ride for 5 Euros.
I think I will decide in the morning. Depending on how my legs feel.

I started walking at 8:30 this morning from Tineo just trying to get to Campiello. When I arrived the village it was just noon. Then a Correo van stops at a store just in front of me. I asked the driver if I can ship my backpack to Pola de Allande, then he said yes. So I shipped my backpack, and I did not have choice but walking to Pola. I could not have made it if I had my backpack.
I am sitting in a bar and the tender tells me how steep the slope is to Berducedo. So I am scared again even without carrying backpack.
I am thinking about taking taxi or bus to Berducedo. Someone says it is easy, and others say it is the hardest part of CP.
a taxi driver overheard our conversation and says he drives his son to Berducedo in the morning and offered me a ride for 5 Euros.
I think I will decide in the morning. Depending on how my legs feel.
Tom, that's fantastic to hear that Correos is so flexible and that you were able to transact that with little fuss. And what luck to happen across the guy who will give you a lift also! You have the resume' of a veteran hiker, so will be eager to hear what you have to say about these days should you decide to post about them further. A good 13 or so more K to Pola de Allande, a good meal, and a good bed to you!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back