Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A year late.

It has been a long wait I did not manage to make this camino last year as planned but everything is set to go now flight booked arriving in Santander on May 10 starting next morning. Two days on the Norte before heading to Potes and Santo Toribio and then on to the Vadiniense to Leon and Ponferrada before heading to SDC on the Invierano and on to Muxia please God. Any last minute updates from anyone who has walked this way would be appreciated thanks

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Buen Camino Jerry. I'm envious I think the camino I hoped to do this year will be next year also.
Enjoy every foot step :)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Well, we might just meet up on the way...or not as these things go! I'm at San Anton from May 1-14...then off to Ponferrada to do the Invierno! So..time will tell. Buen Camino!

It has been a long wait I did not manage to make this camino last year as planned but everything is set to go now flight booked arriving in Santander on May 10 starting next morning. Two days on the Norte before heading to Potes and Santo Toribio and then on to the Vadiniense to Leon and Ponferrada before heading to SDC on the Invierano and on to Muxia please God. Any last minute updates from anyone who has walked this way would be appreciated thanks
There are plenty of threads on here about the Invierno. Read KinkyOne's epic thread, for example. My account from last year is also there. But above all get a copy of the fantastic Invierno Guide, edited by Peregrina2000, and to which a few of us contributed our experiences.

I'll be on the Invierno again in early June.

Buen Camino Jerry!

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Hi, Invierno pilgrims, would love to hear what it's like this year, now that Galicia has given its official seal of approval to the Camino de Invierno. And if any of you use the guide in the Resources section, if you have suggestions, corrections, additions, etc, I will be doing an update next fall, so send them my way!

And Jerry, wishing you a special Buen camino -- I imagine that the postponement is just adding to the excitement. I would also be interested in hearing about your Lebaniego/Vadiniense. Especially to learn whether there is any less asphalt than there was when I walked it about 5 years ago. It was a killer on my feet, but some of the days are just gorgeous, particularly after Potes and before Portilla de la Reina. (And those days also happily have very little asphalt!).

If you look in the forum Vadiniense section, you will see that part of the first day near Cades has been re-routed. The good news is that there is now less asphalt, but the bad news is that it makes the day very very long, given the lodging opportunities. Buen camino, Laurie

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi, Invierno pilgrims, would love to hear what it's like this year, now that Galicia has given its official seal of approval to the Camino de Invierno. And if any of you use the guide in the Resources section, if you have suggestions, corrections, additions, etc, I will be doing an update next fall, so send them my way!

And Jerry, wishing you a special Buen camino -- I imagine that the postponement is just adding to the excitement. I would also be interested in hearing about your Lebaniego/Vadiniense. Especially to learn whether there is any less asphalt than there was when I walked it about 5 years ago. It was a killer on my feet, but some of the days are just gorgeous, particularly after Potes and before Portilla de la Reina. (And those days also happily have very little asphalt!).

If you look in the forum Vadiniense section, you will see that part of the first day near Cades has been re-routed. The good news is that there is now less asphalt, but the bad news is that it makes the day very very long, given the lodging opportunities. Buen camino, Laurie
Hi Laurie,
Thanks for your reply and good wishes and you are right I am well excited and I have printed your updated guides and will let you know if I notice any changes .I have read that it is now recommended to stay on the Norte until Serdio and then follow the red arrows after that in order to avoid some asphalt walking. I have already started to pack and I hope to be carrying much less than on my previous caminos I have downsized from a 50L rucksack to a 30L and got some lightweight gear. I hope to make it to SDC in one piece and to enjoy the peace of this route I have 26 days so should have plenty of time to enjoy it all.
Thanks Jerry

Most read last week in this forum

We’re scoping out accommodation on the Invierno, and @C clearly noticed that Pensión As Viñas is on booking. There is an annotation “new to booking.” Many of us stayed there before the albergue...
Hi Folks can anyone advise about the ease. or lack of ease. of pack transport along the Invierno route? Many Thanks Michael.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back