A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Accommodations in Arcade ( Between Redondela & Pontevedra? )

KJFSophie

My Way, With Joy !
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2014 & 2015 ) ,Via San Francesco, Italy (2017 )
Camino Portugese (2018 )
This 4th Camino will be a gentle 'mosey' for me this September from Porto to Santiago. I'm trying to find accommodations/lodging in Arcade, between Redondela and Pontevedra ( spelling? ) I found an "O Lar de Pepa" , but have had no response to several emails nor FB message. Does anyone have suggestions for other places or how to contact this establishment ? Thanking you in advance for your assistance !

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
Many more in the future (hopefully)
I stayed at Hotel Santo Apostolo, which between Redondela and Arcade. I don't specifically remember a lot about it, but I think it was a good place. It was a fairly short walk into Arcade from there - maybe 2-3 kms.

jbdron

Camino(s) past & future
(April May 2013)
I stayed at O Lar de Pepa. A very kind owner who just does not seem to do emails. All beds are 10’euro, there is a kitchen, markets nearby, a place upstairs to enjoy the view. I enjoyed my stay very much. He also told me he usually does not sell out. I think you should have good luck finding a bed.

KJFSophie

My Way, With Joy !
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Portugese (2018 )
I stayed at O Lar de Pepa. A very kind owner who just does not seem to do emails. All beds are 10’euro, there is a kitchen, markets nearby, a place upstairs to enjoy the view. I enjoyed my stay very much. He also told me he usually does not sell out. I think you should have good luck finding a bed.
I wonder what months apply to his 'usually do not sell out' applies to? It's very odd to not have responses to any accommodations after numerous emails and contact on their FB pages or personal websites...all of the booking sites show as booked as well. I certainly do not speak Spanish well enough to call! lol

Advertisment

Pilgrim_HW

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Portuguese (Sep-2017
Camino Finisterre/Muxia (Oct-2017)
Camino Frances (Sep/Oct-2018)
Hi, KJFSophie. My wife and I stayed in Albergue Lameiriñas last September. It is a private albergue right next to and operated by Hotel Duarte. It is very clean and the bed was very comfortable. It is not far from O Lar de Pepa. We enjoyed our stay in Arcade and a nice stroll along the beach.

p_mci

Camino(s) past & future
Francés, Inglés, Portugués (2014) Norte, Primitivo (2015) Vía de la Plata (2017) Mozárabe (2018)
The albergue 'A Xesteira' which is right at the beginning of the town is very nice.

KJFSophie

My Way, With Joy !
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Portugese (2018 )
I stayed at Hotel Santo Apostolo, which between Redondela and Arcade. I don't specifically remember a lot about it, but I think it was a good place. It was a fairly short walk into Arcade from there - maybe 2-3 kms.
We are staying at that Hotel, it is in Redondela according to a few guidebooks and I believe Arcade is 7 K beyond. I'm doing a 'CaminoCrawl" this year...purposefully walking slowly.

Camino(s) past & future
Many more in the future (hopefully)
The guidebooks may call it Redondela, but it is actually outside the town, a little over half way to Arcade. You can check it out if you just Google the hotel name. It is on the main road, so you will need to descend down off the camino and climb back up the next day - short but steep. Enjoy your slow walk!

Kiwi-family

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Past: (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Future (God-willing): Madrid, Salvador, Primitivo (2018)
Hi, KJFSophie. My wife and I stayed in Albergue Lameiriñas last September. It is a private albergue right next to and operated by Hotel Duarte. It is very clean and the bed was very comfortable. It is not far from O Lar de Pepa. We enjoyed our stay in Arcade and a nice stroll along the beach.
I second this albergue- one of our all time favourites. Best kitchen too.

Camino(s) past & future
May 2013 Ponferrada to Santiago de Compostela.
Camino Portuguese Porto to SdeC May 31 2017.
My sis and I stayed in Redondela at O Recuncho do Peregrino. Wonderful, clean place and Miguel is the kindest host.

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.6%