• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Advice for giving my dad at 70 and sister sample of Camino

Aquapac

Time of past OR future Camino
Wish to walk part of Camino with my dad and sister.
Aquapac said:
Hi folks looking some advice ...my sister and myself have decided to take our 70 year old father to sample a stage of the Camino in September this year . My dad is not really good walking great distances so my sister suggested hiring a electric bicycle to help him but he could pbky only do a few hours a day . Can you suggest any easier routes for us even just a few days ? We will pbky all be on bikes but although I can walk my sister wants us to stay together , I had been thinking we could do the last 100 miles but sister says it’s way too much . Can you suggest anything which gives my dad an idea of what it’s actually like ? Plus I worried if he stops say after three hours on the bike are there places to stay ? We coming from Ireland so again not sure which area to fly too but I know we have 4 days max thurs to Monday more likely ..

Thanks Declan

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
The last 100k, not miles, from Sarria would provide every flavour of camino that anyone could desire other than solitude and peace. With the plentiful public transport and baggage transportation available I would think that an Electric Bike would be more of a hindrance than a help; and shudderingly expensive to hire. Do some research, or better still get your sister to do it :)

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Dave I did suggest that route from Sarria to Santiago but can I ask what if my dad can only walk say 1/2 hours per day can we get a bus or transport to say next leg ?

Aquapac said:
Hi folks looking some advice ...my sister and myself have decided to take our 70 year old father to sample a stage of the Camino in September this year . My dad is not really good walking great distances so my sister suggested hiring a electric bicycle to help him but he could pbky only do a few hours a day . Can you suggest any easier routes for us even just a few days ? We will pbky all be on bikes but although I can walk my sister wants us to stay together , I had been thinking we could do the last 100 miles but sister says it’s way too much . Can you suggest anything which gives my dad an idea of what it’s actually like ? Plus I worried if he stops say after three hours on the bike are there places to stay ? We coming from Ireland so again not sure which area to fly too but I know we have 4 days max thurs to Monday more likely ..

Thanks Declan

Hi, Declan and a warm welcome to the forum....

To help you visualize what the route is like, I'm adding a YouTube video series by John Sikora. John did a sort of step-by-step timelapse video of a good portion of most every stage (via Brierley) as a sort of step-by-step progression along the Way. Perhaps that will be able to give you an idea about how well a bike would work for your dad, and what sections look good to you.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRFjODAj_lrjNDNfYJg2rNF5WsCko4c9J

I would recommend you do a section of the Meseta. It is relatively flat and accommodations are close enough to easily control daily distances.
Where exactly is that stage located ? And where is best airport to fly into ?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi, Declan and a warm welcome to the forum....

To help you visualize what the route is like, I'm adding a YouTube video series by John Sikora. John did a sort of step-by-step timelapse video of a good portion of most every stage (via Brierley) as a sort of step-by-step progression along the Way. Perhaps that will be able to give you an idea about how well a bike would work for your dad, and what sections look good to you.
That’s great very much appreciated!

My dad wants to try and walk as much as he can so def no car . Was thinking bike hire .

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
We have have walked from Sarria to Santiago in 2015. We were 45 yrs and 47 yrs and the kids were 10yrs and 13yrs. We are in pretty good shape and we practiced and it was not easy! It took us 6 days. We would start walking at about 9:30am and end around 4:00pm. The last day we arrived Santiago at 6:30pm because the 10 year old was having a tough day. There are many sections on the trail that would be very very difficult to do on a bike. I am a good bike rider and I would never attempt riding my bike from Sarria to Santiago. Your dad can walk a little and then taxi to your next lodging destination to where he can meet you.

@Aquapac
Have you and your sister considered a bus tour? A friend of mine did a bus tour of the camino at about your father's age. He and the others on the tour would get off the bus and walk a ways, then get on again and go on to the next stop. Walks were short, suitable to my friend's health. Accommodation and meals are arranged by the tour. Bus tours are a communal activity and he enjoyed this and got to know the other members of the tour group. For him, this was a pilgrimage, ending in Santiago. If you only have four days, this might be more difficult to arrange, but there are many bus tours on the French route. For someone whose ability to walk long distances may be problematical, this is possibly the easiest way to get a taste of the camino.

Dave I did suggest that route from Sarria to Santiago but can I ask what if my dad can only walk say 1/2 hours per day can we get a bus or transport to say next leg ?
If half an hour a day is the max your dad can do, then you cannot expect to cover much distance. Maybe it would be better to hire a car and drive the route, stopping at places your dad is interested in - maybe Pamplona bull ring, Burgos and Leon cathedrals, Ponferrada's castle (I don't know - just suggestions). Walking round those places could easily "use up" your dad's "half an hour walking allowance".
If, on the other hand, he can manage 4 or 5km, then you could feasibly try walking from Melide to Santiago (one day would be 10km and you might need a bus or taxi). If he can actually manage 6-10km, then it would not be impossible to go all the way from Sarria and get a compostela. It will just take TIME. How long do you have?
If he can manage 6-8km a day, with one day of 10km, then it would take 16 days to get from Sarria to Santiago. (take a little look at this tool to see distances https://godesalco.com/plan/frances)
Alternatively two weeks will get you from Sarria in little 5km hops. And if necessary, you can always call a taxi.

I get the feeling from your posts that your dad is actually interested in doing this and you're not just dragging him along! Would he be interested in researching the route to find out which parts he would like to do?
It could be a good a idea to go out for a walk with him and see how far he can realistically walk. It may be that it is farther than you all expect. And if it's not, it will still be useful knowledge to have.

Transport along the Camino Frances is ubiquitous so don't worry about getting stranded somewhere.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The flattish wheat growing region between Burgos and Leon is referred to as the Meseta. The easiest way would be to fly to Madrid, train or bus to Burgos and then back again from Leon.
There is one big hill as you leave Castrojerez your father would probably get a taxi for.

Really it is to do with how far Dad can really walk. Going walking with him now, as suggested above, is a great idea.

Mind you, you may be surprised you know. There can be a lot of fear before a Camino and your sister may be voicing something that isn't actually going to be a problem. Dad, walking lightly and relaxed, if walking for 'a few hours', would be doing six to twelve miles each day - a respectable distance that many pilgrims keep to.
Thing to know is that he might be 70 but inside he thinks he is about 28! (I know this, all us oldies are).

I can't imagine where you might rent electric bikes so you would most likely have to bring them with you, but be warned, unless you are fit it can be harder on Camino with a bike than walking unless it is a level section - pushing up hills, holding the bike back going down hills - an ordinary off road bike weighs some 26 lbs without luggage but an electric bike weighs over 40 lbs!

But - do you all want the experience of walking into Santiago? Remember that the guides are just that, guides, not rule books, so you don't ever have to do 'day stages'.
So, the last 100 kms is too much? In what way? It is a time thing really. 100 kms over five days is 20 kms a day, 12 miles, but over ten days is only 6 miles a day. Less than three hours walking each day. I think letting go of the fear here is the key, it is always the key when planning Camino, so why not try walking 6 miles a day for a few days at home and see how that works. Too far? Then make it four miles a day and if that works then you can do the last 100 kms in 15 days and receive the Compostela!!

Or - let Dad organise the Camino and you guys just walk with him!

Please do let us all know what you decide. Buen Camino!

Last edited:
We coming from Ireland so again not sure which area to fly too but I know we have 4 days max thurs to Monday more likely ..

Hi Declan, my suggestion:
Fly to Santiago, bus to Sarria.
You and your sister walk the whole way to Santiago (so you get your compostelas).
You start walking early in the day.
Your dad takes a taxi a couple of hours later, to within 5 or 10kms of your overnight accommodation.
He meets you at a pre-arranged café (check Google maps), where the taxi drops him.
You then all 3 walk together to your accommodation.

Thursday: Sarria to Portomarin 22kms
Friday: Portomarin to Palas de Rei 25kms
Saturday: Palas de Rei to Arzua 26kms
Sunday: Arzua to Pedrouzo 23kms
Monday: Pedrouzo to Santiago 20kms
Flight back to Ireland.

Jill

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Fly Dublin-Biarritz. Book Caroline to pick you (3) up at Airport straight to St Jean, stay the night, next day get bus to Roncevalles (or walk it) and divide up your few days walking by ending in Pamplona. Bus from Pamplona to San Sebastian onwards to Biarritz where you get Ryanair flight back to Dublin. I think Ryanair fly couple of times per week which would fit in with your time frame. BTW your Dad may be fitter than you think, if he puts in a bitta practice between now and September he may surprise you! Good luck!

Hi Aquapac,

what does "not really good walking great distances" mean?

My parents were also in their 70s doing different Caminos. Distances up to 20 km worked fine for them if the weather was not too hot. You may also consider a backpack transport service. Biking ist not necessarily easier, especially for older people. It depends on what you are used to.

Considering Rosalindas answer I think her familys main problem was to start too late in the morning. I did Astorga to Santiago with my 10 year old nephew in a fortnight. Children recover more easily then older People do.

I would suggest that you and your dad do the Portuguese from Valenca (last town in Portugal) onwards or - if you have only a limited time - from Caldas de Reis. There are no high mountains to climb. It is a camino with enough accomodation, backpack transport service (Tuitrans), public transport and many fellow pilgrims.

BC
Alexandra

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
We have have walked from Sarria to Santiago in 2015. We were 45 yrs and 47 yrs and the kids were 10yrs and 13yrs. We are in pretty good shape and we practiced and it was not easy! It took us 6 days. We would start walking at about 9:30am and end around 4:00pm. The last day we arrived Santiago at 6:30pm because the 10 year old was having a tough day. There are many sections on the trail that would be very very difficult to do on a bike. I am a good bike rider and I would never attempt riding my bike from Sarria to Santiago. Your dad can walk a little and then taxi to your next lodging destination to where he can meet you.
Thanks for your response and maybe it’s best then to walk and ditch the bike . Are of course find a more easier section to do on bike .

@Aquapac
Have you and your sister considered a bus tour? A friend of mine did a bus tour of the camino at about your father's age. He and the others on the tour would get off the bus and walk a ways, then get on again and go on to the next stop. Walks were short, suitable to my friend's health. Accommodation and meals are arranged by the tour. Bus tours are a communal activity and he enjoyed this and got to know the other members of the tour group. For him, this was a pilgrimage, ending in Santiago. If you only have four days, this might be more difficult to arrange, but there are many bus tours on the French route. For someone whose ability to walk long distances may be problematical, this is possibly the easiest way to get a taste of the camino.
I checked out the tours they all seem to be minimum week and don’t fit in with our dates unfortunately.

Hi Aquapac,

what does "not really good walking great distances" mean?

My parents were also in their 70s doing different Caminos. Distances up to 20 km worked fine for them if the weather was not too hot. You may also consider a backpack transport service. Biking ist not necessarily easier, especially for older people. It depends on what you are used to.

Considering Rosalindas answer I think her familys main problem was to start too late in the morning. I did Astorga to Santiago with my 10 year old nephew in a fortnight. Children recover more easily then older People do.

I would suggest that you and your dad do the Portuguese from Valenca (last town in Portugal) onwards or - if you have only a limited time - from Caldas de Reis. There are no high mountains to climb. It is a camino with enough accomodation, backpack transport service (Tuitrans), public transport and many fellow pilgrims.

BC
Alexandra
My dad has a disability so can only walk short distances and pace , pbky no more than 2/3hours max but again this would be dependent on terrain etc . Thanks again for your advice and feedback .

My dad has a disability so can only walk short distances and pace , pbky no more than 2/3hours max but again this would be dependent on terrain etc . Thanks again for your advice and feedback .

2 to 3 hours walk max with disability. Very very hard to give information and 4 days. Easy to fly to Bilbao from Dublin then bus to Logrono and walk towards Burgos get bus along way to Bilbao and Fly Dublin Aer Lingus fly Bilbao. Also September 3 weeks away. Slan agus beannacht

Fly Dublin-Biarritz. Book Caroline to pick you (3) up at Airport straight to St Jean, stay the night, next day get bus to Roncevalles (or walk it) and divide up your few days walking by ending in Pamplona. Bus from Pamplona to San Sebastian onwards to Biarritz where you get Ryanair flight back to Dublin. I think Ryanair fly couple of times per week which would fit in with your time frame. BTW your Dad may be fitter than you think, if he puts in a bitta practice between now and September he may surprise you! Good luck!
Thanks again. Spoke with my sister Ciara and she thinks our dad could do max 5k it’s just because of his leg . Who is Caroline in terms of getting her to collect us ? Also is it better to fly to Biarritz to start in st Jean or could we fly to Bilbao and make our way to st Jean from there ? We have told our dad to take your advice and get out practicing

If half an hour a day is the max your dad can do, then you cannot expect to cover much distance. Maybe it would be better to hire a car and drive the route, stopping at places your dad is interested in - maybe Pamplona bull ring, Burgos and Leon cathedrals, Ponferrada's castle (I don't know - just suggestions). Walking round those places could easily "use up" your dad's "half an hour walking allowance".
If, on the other hand, he can manage 4 or 5km, then you could feasibly try walking from Melide to Santiago (one day would be 10km and you might need a bus or taxi). If he can actually manage 6-10km, then it would not be impossible to go all the way from Sarria and get a compostela. It will just take TIME. How long do you have?
If he can manage 6-8km a day, with one day of 10km, then it would take 16 days to get from Sarria to Santiago. (take a little look at this tool to see distances https://godesalco.com/plan/frances)
Alternatively two weeks will get you from Sarria in little 5km hops. And if necessary, you can always call a taxi.

I get the feeling from your posts that your dad is actually interested in doing this and you're not just dragging him along! Would he be interested in researching the route to find out which parts he would like to do?
It could be a good a idea to go out for a walk with him and see how far he can realistically walk. It may be that it is farther than you all expect. And if it's not, it will still be useful knowledge to have.

Transport along the Camino Frances is ubiquitous so don't worry about getting stranded somewhere.
Thanks so much for your response . Yes me and my sister just decided to take our dad away to experience at least some of thd Camino . My sister thinks he could pbky manage about 5k max pet day or maybe one day 7k total max it’s just because he has a bad leg and so his walking is not great . Our dad would just love the Camino and meeting people . Maybe we could walk say 5k then simply get transport to the next stop . We really don’t wish to hire car and have from the thurs to the Monday so was thinking we could start at st Jean and do few days or even your suggestion that place you referred to as Melide but again this be not really give him a flavour if it’s only one stage . So yes my dad def could manage 5k per day not sure we’re half hour came from ...have told my sister to also join this forum to read all your great comments and suggestions! Thanks so much

Thanks again. Spoke with my sister Ciara and she thinks our dad could do max 5k it’s just because of his leg . Who is Caroline in terms of getting her to collect us ? Also is it better to fly to Biarritz to start in st Jean or could we fly to Bilbao and make our way to st Jean from there ? We have told our dad to take your advice and get out practicing
I think starting in St Jean would be too hard for your father to walk, The first 8 kms are very steep on the Napoleon route and there are no villages in between. For many people this is a very tough section so if you are already doubtful of his capacity to walk far, I think it would be very hard for him. Even the alternative route is going to have steep sections, (it is after all the Pyrenees)
St Jean is a lovely town, but there are many other lovely places along the Way that are flatter and easier to walk. Along most of the rest of the Camino towns and villages are much closer together so it makes it easier to get alternative transport such as a bus or taxi. Taxi's were roughly 1 euro per km.

Thursday to Monday - that’s five days and does it include your travelling to and from home?
If you do some homework you could choose five stages and bus between them.
It depends what kind of “taste of the Camino” you want - the cameraderie, the feeling of walking, seeing different landscapes, eating Spanish food.

For utilizing a taxi, one idea would be to get the name of a local taxi driver upon the recommendation of your hotel, for example. You could then get in touch with the taxi driver via WhatsApp in order to make an arrangement with them. You can send your exact location on WhatsApp, which would allow you to get the taxi to come to you wherever you are (on a road) rather than having to make it to a specific place. On the English Route I spoke with a taxi driver who lived in a town on the halfway point of that route (Betanzos) and he had worked with groups of pilgrims along the entire 100 kms of that route to provide support when they couldn't get to their destination under their own steam.

I hope you find something that will work for you!

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I think starting in St Jean would be too hard for your father to walk, The first 8 kms are very steep on the Napoleon route and there are no villages in between. For many people this is a very tough section so if you are already doubtful of his capacity to walk far, I think it would be very hard for him. Even the alternative route is going to have steep sections, (it is after all the Pyrenees)
St Jean is a lovely town, but there are many other lovely places along the Way that are flatter and easier to walk. Along most of the rest of the Camino towns and villages are much closer together so it makes it easier to get alternative transport such as a bus or taxi. Taxi's were roughly 1 euro per km.
Thanks for reply . Maybe st Jean not so suitable then . My quest continues to find alternative solution . That’s fine 1 Euro per km in terms of taxi and gives us an idea of costs .

Thursday to Monday - that’s five days and does it include your travelling to and from home?
If you do some homework you could choose five stages and bus between them.
It depends what kind of “taste of the Camino” you want - the cameraderie, the feeling of walking, seeing different landscapes, eating Spanish food.
Yes i know it’s maybe slightly optimistic trying to squeeze everything in in 4 days as if we arrive thurs we plan to start walking the following day which is Friday then sat and Sunday then fly home Monday night .

For utilizing a taxi, one idea would be to get the name of a local taxi driver upon the recommendation of your hotel, for example. You could then get in touch with the taxi driver via WhatsApp in order to make an arrangement with them. You can send your exact location on WhatsApp, which would allow you to get the taxi to come to you wherever you are (on a road) rather than having to make it to a specific place. On the English Route I spoke with a taxi driver who lived in a town on the halfway point of that route (Betanzos) and he had worked with groups of pilgrims along the entire 100 kms of that route to provide support when they couldn't get to their destination under their own steam.

I hope you find something that will work for you!
Thanks so much that’s great to know about the taxis and that would certainly be peace of mind having someone realiable. You guys have been so helpful I really can’t thank you enough and have certainly provided such valuable information.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

I would suggest between Burgos and Leon. Two easy cities to get too. That is between 7 and 12 days depending on how long you want to go each day. There is a steep climb out of Castrojeriz but it is only about a Kilometer and provides a nice vista at the top.

Fly into Madrid and take a train from there. Not difficult at all.

Ultreya,
Joe

If you have any question regarding transportation or stops feel free to PM me. www.gronze.com is a great online guide for planning.

Realistically you have four days to walk. So the Ingles is a good choice. There’s a taxi driver for your Dad and you could walk with your sister.
I am NOT suggesting you book a tour, but you could have a look at https://caminoways.com/ways/english-way-camino-ingles for a bit of information.
You could even do a leg in Ireland first.
Incidentally, have you or your sister done a Camino yourselves?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Realistically you have four days to walk. So the Ingles is a good choice. There’s a taxi driver for your Dad and you could walk with your sister.
I am NOT suggesting you book a tour, but you could have a look at https://caminoways.com/ways/english-way-camino-ingles for a bit of information.
You could even do a leg in Ireland first.
Incidentally, have you or your sister done a Camino yourselves?
Where does the ingles route actually commence ? I don’t think we have time to start in Ireland just want to head to Spain and go from there ... will check out that link ...just ordered book on line by brierly not sure which route he covers but least will give me some tips for planning ...my sister just told me thats we can’t leave dad that’s the whole part of reason for doing it so looks like we could all be in the taxi after a 5 k walk ...either way I am enjoying learning from you guys especially all the top advice and tips ....

The Irish leg you could do one weekend as a training walk before heading to Spain.
Have a look at the website I linked to and you’ll find two starting points for the Ingles.

Thanks so much kiwi ..this is really helpful ...Could you recommend a book which covers the Camino there seems to be so many choices !

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Sorry should have said...Caroline works with Express Bourricot who will transport you from Biarritz Airport to St Jean. There are usually a few pilgrims travelling this way from the airport & its very reasonably priced. Google 'Express Bourricot' & you'll get all the info you need! Yes I think Biarritz is the most convenient airport for starting in St Jean.

If you are now thinking that you will all walk together, but just for very short distances each day, perhaps selecting a stage or two of the Camino Frances would be easier in the sense that there are lots more options for lodging along the Frances, and taxis are very readily available. There are also more places to stop for refreshments / rest along the Frances. If you selected a section somewhat near Santiago you could walk for your allotted number of days, get however far along that you get, then on the final day grab a bus or taxi to Santiago and enjoy visiting the cathedral. Anywhere along the final 100km into Santiago will be full of pilgrims, so not lacking for people to meet (that was mentioned above as something your dad wanted to do - meet other pilgrims).

Sorry, not trying to complicate matters, but as this conversation has evolved I wanted to throw that out there as an option. I don't see where you are traveling from, but flights in/out of Santiago itself are easy. Maybe look at Arzua as a starting point? Just another option to consider.

https://www.gronze.com/etapa/arzua/pedrouzo-pino

If you look a this link, you can see the details of the stage from Arzua, as an example. Click on "Ver perfil de etapa" to see the elevation map. As you can see, there are places to stop for refreshment every few kilometers. It's not that way on the English route at all, there are much longer distances between villages or places with bars. You can click around to see all of the other stages of the French Route, and Gronze has the same details for all of the other main camino routes.

Buen Camino in whatever you decide!!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond . I think that sounds like the perfect option fly from Ireland to Santiago take bus to say somewhere not to far away and just see how we all get on ...would you be able to recommend a book for the Camino Frances route ? I just not sure with all the choices ? Also do you think we need to book our accommodation in advance or simply turn up and see if there is any availability? Again many thanks

As a 70 year old who walked the Camino Portuguese in May I found it quite doable and not stressful. Consider the Porto coastal route, walk along the beach on the boardwalk and enjoy the many great accommodations available. Just right for your Dad!!

Thanks for you advice and huge well done on your achievement! I think time is ticking away and looks like we may fly to Santiago and just do a few of the last stages...,

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thanks for you advice and huge well done on your achievement! I think time is ticking away and looks like we may fly to Santiago and just do a few of the last stages...,

Just keep in mind the last few stages of the Frances are the most crowded.

Thanks so much for your response . Yes me and my sister just decided to take our dad away to experience at least some of thd Camino . My sister thinks he could pbky manage about 5k max pet day or maybe one day 7k total max it’s just because he has a bad leg and so his walking is not great . Our dad would just love the Camino and meeting people . Maybe we could walk say 5k then simply get transport to the next stop . We really don’t wish to hire car and have from the thurs to the Monday so was thinking we could start at st Jean and do few days or even your suggestion that place you referred to as Melide but again this be not really give him a flavour if it’s only one stage . So yes my dad def could manage 5k per day not sure we’re half hour came from ...have told my sister to also join this forum to read all your great comments and suggestions! Thanks so much
I think the half hour came from your post where you wrote “1/2 hours”. Watch out on where you fly to. If you can afford aerlingus, it is easy to fly to Santiago and then bus out a few days distance and walk back, either on CF or CP, or as was suggested, walk the distance that your dad can do and take a taxi the rest of the way to your night stop. Ryanair is very dicey at the moment... And what does your dad have to say, at all at all?!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I think time is ticking away and looks like we may fly to Santiago and just do a few of the last stages...,
Given how crowded the Frances is this time of year, do consider the Ingles or the Portugues. The Ingles is the least developed of the two, with fewer pilgrims. But it's far from deserted.
Where does the ingles route actually commence ?
Either A Coruna or Ferrol. A Coruna is very easy to get to from Santiago as there are frequent trains.

thanks again for the advice think we have decided upon a way forward!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, Planning Sarria to Campostela mid Sept, 2024. Both wife and I are 71 years old and from America. Will fly from Paris to Campostela. We are pretty active and estimate 10-13 miles per day OK...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
I have been planning my upcoming Camino using the Wise Pilgrim Frances app. Unfortunately, it has stalled at Burgos and will not give me any information beyond that city. I have tried...
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...
Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Hi, this is Nils from Tenerife. I'm excited to start my very first camino - let's see what it will bring! 😍 For me, this journey is very much like an inwardly guided shamanic ceremony, following...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back